• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AI conversion is done, just running some tests. Will have to look at the files Teg attached for inclusion

Attached is the current version with AIs adapted to new tech research setup + mising german ai switch file + some further files with fixes or adaptions.
Use: have AoD 1.12, install Core + Gfx pack then unpack the attached file inside the mod-CORE2 folder and let it overwrite existing files. I can't provide a checksum yet

Attachments

• Core 0708 files for AoD 112_Beta 1.zip
    2,8 MB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
Reactions:
The installers give me a problem - that files are corrupt within and prevent installation.
Isn't there a way to simply download a .zip or .rar for the mod?

german ai file from post #27 is included
the 3 files from post #46 are included
the changed events from #95 are not included yet
all you need for 1.12 compatibility is in the pack from #102

there's one known non-gamebreaking issue: missing component tech names for Chemical Engineering techs (Synth oil/rare tech chain) that i will add once I reviewed the #95 events

I've downloaded it many times already - and all the times it is some file that is different that gives the problem. The problem is that -all- files that needs installing after the first bad file give the same problem.

Edit: Managed at the 8th attempt to download it. -- I am far from sure what may have caused the problem. But sorted it now.

Last edited:
just a quick update:
it seems the tech modifier of 150 for preferred techs is too high, in my testgame the AI is researching techs 6 or more months ahead of time, with bluprint sometimes up to 1.5 years ahead of time. lowering this modifer by 25 points may bring more value to preferred techs with a lower quality research team available or at least not techs way in the future.
If anyone is playing Core with AoD 1.12 please load a save as a larger AI nation, look at its research and leave some feedback.

Played as USA until Jan 1941. Loaded up as the other majors; only USSR is researching 1942 techs (medium tank and artillery). All other nations have a few 1941 techs completed (mostly from industry branch).

There has been an effort to create such a mod quite some time ago, but was given up AFAIK.

What would be the main features of this mod? Right now (at least for me) it´s the intricate tech tree, the event chains, the models (and pics), realistic build times (it really hurts losing a group of DDs), and a really good working battle system, especially the naval battles.

How would you transfer this to HOI 4? Besides, AI would be a nightmare with so many provinces. Maybe with the upcoming changes to the supply system things might look a little more feasible, but it would still be a massive project.

Something seems to be wrong with the installation.

I downloaded AOD 1.12 on Steam.
I downloaded CORE2_0_7_0_8.exe from the first post in this thread.
I installed CORE2_0_7_0_8.exe in the Steam > steamapps > sourcemods folder
I downloaded the file in post #102 of this thread.
I extracted that file, and moved its contents to the mod-CORE2 folder, overwriting the existing files.
I went into Steam, and typed "mod-CORE2" into the Launch Options
I launched AOD, and in the top right, just under where it shows "Arsenal of Democracy 1.12 (XEAV)" it displays "mod-CORE2".
I click Single Player.
There are no scenarios available to select.

Something seems to be wrong with the installation.

I downloaded AOD 1.12 on Steam.
I downloaded CORE2_0_7_0_8.exe from the first post in this thread.
I installed CORE2_0_7_0_8.exe in the Steam > steamapps > sourcemods folder
I downloaded the file in post #102 of this thread.
I extracted that file, and moved its contents to the mod-CORE2 folder, overwriting the existing files.
I went into Steam, and typed "mod-CORE2" into the Launch Options
I launched AOD, and in the top right, just under where it shows "Arsenal of Democracy 1.12 (XEAV)" it displays "mod-CORE2".
I click Single Player.
There are no scenarios available to select.
Not sure if it works with Steam. You could try and copy AoD 1.12 from the steam folder to someplace else and install CORE to that destination.

Clicking play after selecting a country was giving me some error over the "Ostt・kischer Waffen-Verband der SS" unit I checked the db/events/other/core_ss and saw that every other formation went up to 38 in number except that one, I added a "39." and hit space saved it loaded without issue, hopefully it'll be stable I'll make double the saves.