• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
for ignore one should use a preference complete/tweak value of zero if i understood Pangs comment in a different thread correct.

Yes. Here a short how-to for adaption:

Regular to be researched techs should get a preference of 100 or no value at al, because 100 is the default.
If it gets preference or is encompassed by endgoal, than it should get a preference of 150.
If it gets preference and is encompassed by endgoal, than it should get a preference of 200.
If it is in ignore, than it should get a preference of 0 for hard ignore or 10 for soft ignore.

For a tech with a preference of only 10 to reach parity a tech with a preference of 100 the later would need to suffer -90% from historic date modifier. So effectively it is ignored.

After initial adaption further refinements can occur and of course did ocur in vanilla AoD 1.11.

Ok, I can confirm that CORE 0.70.8 works with AoD patch 1.12 (Build 07). Mod-dir works and all the graphics are correct.
Of course the three files posted earlier have to be inserted.

And of course the mod runs without specific research AI.
From what I have read about 1.12 AI, the game engine will still adapt the research prioirities to the available tech teams.

Hands-off, there seems to be a tendency for GER to either run out of oil in mid 1941 and then collapse or to achieve bitter Peace.

I've just started exploring CORE. I can't tell the naval vessels from each other, or tell whether an infantry unit is motorized or not. Is there a way to return to the original unit counter appearances?

The map appeas to be the original map. Is this as intended?

Thanks.

Keep exploring and you will learn the difference. At game start, there are hardly any motorised units AFAIK.

The map has only very subtle changes, like a subdivision of provinces in France (Verdun area) and China plus combination of some Pacific Island provinces into one.

I have noticed map differences now. Still find the naval icons quite demanding. Wish I could get the original graphics back for Navy.

I'm playing a quite entertaining game as Italy, leader of my own faction, stealing germany's blueprints and planning my own offensive in southern france, gibraltar and tunesia in may of '40; however there seems to be a problem with the german ai, after the annexion of poland the file ai\switch/ger_air_reserve.ai is missing, the version is 1.12

I'm playing a quite entertaining game as Italy, leader of my own faction, stealing germany's blueprints and planning my own offensive in southern france, gibraltar and tunesia in may of '40; however there seems to be a problem with the german ai, after the annexion of poland the file ai\switch/ger_air_reserve.ai is missing, the version is 1.12
attached is a missing file for Core 0.70.8, may also be required in 0.70.7. Please unzip and place in the folder
\mod-CORE2\ai\switch

It´s post # 27.

Did have a closer look at the required changes - Urgh, that's a lot of textwork. It took me about 1 hour to convert the german main Ai file. There's lots more of those + a gazillion AI switch files ......
Big question : will it happen?