• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Hagar : Those that were missing (the not-typos). The ENG variant of Spanish civil war intervention, pictures for the CHC takeover of unoccupied provinces... I think there were some more...

I should probably change the fixpack to fix all picture errors and then just have your proper corrections overwrite it.
Will try to get that done this evening.

@Wolf52 : Truth be told, I did not think this state would persist as long as it did - but now that's certainly a good idea and I will do so when I have the pack updated.

Sounds good, do you think once you have the new pack updated I can just apply it over my current install and continue my current save?

If your save was made with any previous version of the fixpack, then yes. Changes should be purely graphical.
- Even if not, though, the probability of faults should be slim. Naval distance calculation has changed a bit, but all naval missions should update when the fleet next returns to port.

... I did not, incidentally, get to it yet. Will have it done today (if one defines "today" as: "before I next go to bed").

addendum: Done. Here is your thread.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying the mod. I had some free time and picked up AoD, again, after a long time away. I was very pleasantly surprised to see new updates and mods still being developed. Kudos!

Just a quick mention, in case you aren't aware: the reserve units don't like upgrading in the build list. That is, when you progress from '35 INF to '39 INF, you can't upgrade your reserves in the build queue. The button is there, and it will ding your build time when you push it. But, it never upgrades and resolves. The button is persistent. I'm not sure if they will upgrade on the map. Maybe you can tell me what to expect?

Other than that, I'm loving it. As I mentioned, I have lots of free time right now. Also, I'm a reasonable hand at coding. Mostly, I do PHP, javascript and online markup. But, I can hack away at practically anything. So, if you could use a hand, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thanks for a great mod!

I recently went back to try out the different games, including TRP mod for DH. The thing I like best with CORE is including civilian population terrain experience. Being able to buy foreign equipment is also awesome, though it doesn't leave much room to buy different equipment. The automatic production sliders annoyed me, though, as they kept regulating poorly and focused on producing supplies (in my case). The point I want to make is that the different HoI games and mods have much to learn from each other. What I found to be the greatest thing about TRP was that manpower used larger numbers meaning that I would get manpower from all my regions playing as Norway. It also features a system allowing upgrades of ships.

The automatic production sliders annoyed me, though, as they kept regulating poorly and focused on producing supplies (in my case).
If you think the sliders do not work correctly, despite all the options to configure them, you might want to file a bug report.
... It is hard to imagine that just lowering the maximal supply allotment does not fix your issue, but if unbounded sliders align in a way that is obviously unwise, I might have to have a look.

The point I want to make is that the different HoI games and mods have much to learn from each other.
Among programmers, it's kind of hard to cooperate when teams cannot share the code. High-level design of solutions is usually not the problem (or no one would like to admit it, I guess).

Modders do cooperate to some degree. At least for me it's hard to actually spot nice implementations in other mods, simply because I do not have the time to play them (and my last proper CORE game was... I think about a year ago). Looking through an unfamiliar fileset to find the right handles is also way more time consuming than maneuvering the well-known files of one's own mod.

... Mayhap things will improve when it becomes customary for game mods to use code-sharing databases like GitHub or Assembla, so that changes can be tracked (also by outsiders; they are a great help for orientation) and pushes and pulls have well-defined semantics.

If you think the sliders do not work correctly, despite all the options to configure them, you might want to file a bug report.
... It is hard to imagine that just lowering the maximal supply allotment does not fix your issue, but if unbounded sliders align in a way that is obviously unwise, I might have to have a look.

Among programmers, it's kind of hard to cooperate when teams cannot share the code. High-level design of solutions is usually not the problem (or no one would like to admit it, I guess).

Modders do cooperate to some degree. At least for me it's hard to actually spot nice implementations in other mods, simply because I do not have the time to play them (and my last proper CORE game was... I think about a year ago). Looking through an unfamiliar fileset to find the right handles is also way more time consuming than maneuvering the well-known files of one's own mod.

... Mayhap things will improve when it becomes customary for game mods to use code-sharing databases like GitHub or Assembla, so that changes can be tracked (also by outsiders; they are a great help for orientation) and pushes and pulls have well-defined semantics.
Makes sense that the greater changes are hard to share around. But stuff like military, leaders, TTs, ministers and events seems to be easy enough to implement.

Random map issue, did you guys know that Hollabrunn and Krems are the same province? It's Krems in every dialog except on the map itself.

There where a map update a few versions ago some provinces have "double names"(bug) i think i had repored it on krems/holla but dint find the post for it. So thanks for reporting it.

Wolf52 and Zsumi,

I have noticed the Krems thing too. It is what happens when too many people update the same file. The poor person who tries to combine changes from half a dozen modders can only do so much. This is fixed is MY version (testing), but my version has now seriously deviated from the downloadable 0.70.7 version as I am trying to fix several large issues with the AIs. I have also made multiple changes to the adj-defs.csv file under maps. Skimming the posts here makes it appear that others have updated files which will likely conflict with mine now. So, I am loathe to change my version until I finish working the AI kinks out (if ever). The AI interacts with the game engine in sometimes poorly predictable ways and it is a series of small changes in an attempt to make certain AIs perform better. If it were easy, or straightforward, I'm sure we would have addressed it long ago.

For your own purposes, you can always go into the CORE province_names file and change it yourself to Hollabrunn. It is PROV464.

Oh, and a minor discovery, if anyone is interested. The AI can override locked units, if you didn't know. I THINK it can do so by merging a newly deployed with a locked unit, or deploying a new unit to an existing locked unit. At least, that is my theory.

Gamefront is not completely gone it seems, though I'm unable to retrieve our previously uploaded files as of yet... And I've forwarded my 0.7.8 stuff to Zsar a few weeks ago.

Was it a few weeks already? Ugh. I'll find some time for it at the end of the month. Probably going to set up a Github project.
... I do not think I can stomach familiarising myself with that installer @Tegetthoff uses.

Believe me, using that installer script is child's play. I've created the builds for years before Teg took over...

Yep... I learned Teg the ropes creating builds with it.

Hi Hagar,

Shall I send you the current state of the installer script so you can make a build?

Regards

Teg