• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK, so is there general agreement that the Copenhagen line should go into the province file?

It was. I use the game itself to adjust positions, and changed the port province first.
- Do note though that it (like all changes to port provinces) necessitates a rebuild of navaldist.tbl .

Hi people what was changed so far? Is it playable and has better AI? Last time I´ve played was like 9 months ago.

Hi,

Made a lot of profress recently getting some in process stuff wrapped up. Just need a bit more time to finish a few other things and I would like to do a new build. How is everyone else positioned for that?

mm

Dec,

I am under the Impression that no big work is going on except yours, so a new build with your material and the bits and pieces I have collected (plus some of my own small experiments) can be made any time.

Teg

I have some new stuff, albeit not much... My main concern is to get my PC up and running again, as my SSD containing my Windows boot section has given the ghost. Hopefully I'll get some new hardware later today. Fortunately all my CORE work is on my hard drives, which should still be OK, including my source imagery archive.

OK, I'm somewhat up and running again. My latest additions are in the mail, Teg... :)

Hi,

I have received Hagar´s material but will hold integration until I have received all event files from Dec and Armd. Most of what Hagar has sent is event pics, whose names will go into several event files.

Teg

Ok, I´ll wait.

It would really be nice in the new patch to see all of the territory names on the map agree with the names on the pop-ups again as it should be.

I can even overlook the fact that in the USA region, Columbus should really be called Cincinnati since it had twice the land area and population in the 1940 US Census and was of even more importance in industry. I am certain of this too because I have spent the last 66 years living midway between those two cities. Not to mention that half of Columbus is located in northern Ohio and half in southern Ohio -- the dividing line being accepted as Broad Street which runs east-west through downtown Columbus. For much of it's history, Cincinnati was the largest city in America west of the east coast. Columbus in contrast became the state capitol since it was located in the center of Ohio. Were it not for that, it would have a population of under 30,000 like most of the 88 county seats in the state of Ohio.

I don´t think anybody is working this angle at the moment. It is also hardly a game-breaker.

You misunderstand me. What I am saying is that the territory names on the map at one time were all in agreement with the pop-up names and some human changed all that to the detriment of the game. I really don't care what you want to call some place but at least be consistent please. It is needlessly confusing otherwise and subtracts from the game rather than adds to it.

I only mentioned the Cincinnati/Columbus thing because it is perhaps the most grievous misnaming of a territory on the whole map. So if Columbus stands, then every other name in the game should be as it is on the map to avoid confusion.

Specifically, somebody changed Lech to Bregenz in the pop-ups but not on the map. Make up your mind and decide upon either one name or the other and be consistent about it. But it really needs to be either one or the other but not both. I worked 30 years for a multinational consumer products company and believe me, doing this kind of crap would get you fired.

Last edited:
Frog,

Kindly understand that we are doing this in our spare time and for our own enjoyment. This is not a product we sell, you have not bought it and if you do not like it use another mod. It is a mod into which thousands of hours have been invested by the people currently working on it and at least a dozen others before us.

And for example I do not just work for a large engineering firm, I own it and what I do here is done on top of some fairly complicated stuff I do during the day.

Cheers

Teg