• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Teg,

As noted above, I'd like to publish the current Beta as the Gold version of 0.62 as soon as you can manage that. I have a large number of changes for a 0.70 base almost ready to go. Right now just working some Trade issues prior to commencing my own test.

mm

Due to a bad .exe behaviour with loading ship silhouette images from the mod folder (doesn't work if no file of the same name is present in vanilla gfx folder) CORE is forced to place the images into the vanilla gfx/interface/models folder as well. If you now play vanilla AoD you may notice a mix of vanilla and CORE'd ship silhouettes.

Attached is a small fileset to be placed in vanilla AoD gfx\interface folder (unpacks in models subfolder) that replaces most CORE'd images with vanilla images, it should not affect images shown in CORE.

Ok, I did that, but have set the installer so that existing files are not overwritten. This means that a fresh AoD install will be fixed but an old install will not be fixed. It also means that vanilla modifications by the user will be retained, which is the purpose of the execise.

Last edited:
I read up on the arguments regarding 0.62.8 as Gold Version while fixing things as they came up. I ended up agreeing with dec AND having done a couple of changes. So I have a slightly mixed up fileset, which also diverges from what Dec has put together for 0.70. I also did some very minor balancing changes to CHI/JAP way back in September.

I stop here in some confusion, but will at least redo the b/w gfx pack so that the new field modifications Tech Image is included (and quite possibly some other stuff that Hagar sent over the summer)

Ok, new b/w gfx pack uploaded, maybe somebody can add a mediafire link.

Any plans to make it work with 1.09?

The way I saw things, 1.09 is essentially another mod - it's all softcoded stuff, the same way CORE is, and I'm assuming they've taken a different design philosophy. Would it make any sense to run CORE with 1.09? Or is it more the case that CORE should maybe borrow some fixes, etc., from 1.09?

Not sure if this has been reported already, but there is an issue with the liberation of France event. The event secedes prov #65 to FRA from GER, however this is Namur in Belgium. It also looks like Troyes was not included, which is province #63. This is event 100014 from the cored vichy france file in the vanilla events file. I'm not sure why Mulhouse and Strasbourg were left out as well. I was trying to make sense of the triggers though, since I found it odd that it triggered while all of France was still in German control. I was playing as the Soviets and was running through Germany at the time.

Oh and when the events run for provinces to be returned to various nations after German surrender, I was conquering Italy at the time and had all of the Italian provinces without my troops in them suddenly switch back to being Italian. I was still at war with them so it was really strange.

Hi,

These events never got a through going over. I corrected the VIC event to include the proper provinces and fixed the trigger to require at least loss of Paris. Still could use more work. Not sure where the issue is with Italy. Thanks!

mm

The way I saw things, 1.09 is essentially another mod - it's all softcoded stuff, the same way CORE is, and I'm assuming they've taken a different design philosophy. Would it make any sense to run CORE with 1.09? Or is it more the case that CORE should maybe borrow some fixes, etc., from 1.09?
It's more the other way round... There's some CORE stuff in 1.09, along with some additional work from my end regarding tech team images (mainly logo adjustments to fit the era). CORE and 1.09 should be compatible, methinks, as we hardly use main game files nowadays.

Hi,

These events never got a through going over. I corrected the VIC event to include the proper provinces and fixed the trigger to require at least loss of Paris. Still could use more work. Not sure where the issue is with Italy. Thanks!

mm

Glad to help! I think the issue with Italy is if Germany surrenders before Italy. So perhaps a check if Italy is at war with anyone before any moving of provinces happens.

It's more the other way round... There's some CORE stuff in 1.09, along with some additional work from my end regarding tech team images (mainly logo adjustments to fit the era). CORE and 1.09 should be compatible, methinks, as we hardly use main game files nowadays.

Thanks for the clarification!

I've been playing CORE with 1.09 and it works fine.

Look who finally managed to find its way here.
... Got a few things in the pipeline, but for 0.70 only this: Delete (vanilla) events 36670 and 36671 from cored_ai_sia.txt;
the rest can wait and so do I.

Hi Dec,

While I have been inactive regarding modding for a couple of months, I could do an Integration of an 0.70 fileset, if you have one. Don´t hesitate to poste here or E-Mail to me.

Regards

Teg