• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

v.Manstein

Generalfeldmarschall
8 Badges
Jan 8, 2006
www.thomas-ney.com
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
1914-logo-1.jpg

1914 Version 0.42

After weeks of intensive development, the 1914 mod-team is proud to announce the latest version of our First World-War modification.

This modification is compatible with HOI II and Doomsday.

Part 1 (HoI2 and DD): Download Part 1 (236 MB)

Part 2 (depends on your game version):
Download Part 2 for HoI2 (15 MB)
Download Part 2 for DD (18 MB)

Part 3 (0.42 upgrade, depends on your game-version):
Download Part 3 for HoI2 (6 MB)
Download Part 3 for DD (6 MB)

NOTE: Those people who already use 0.4 do only need the latest patch (Part 3) to get the latest version. Savegames made with outdated versions are may not compatible with the latest release!

MIRROR
Those of you having problems with the files above or those who are just lazy can download these packages. They contain everything (except the music) in one single file.
1914 for HoI2
1914 for DD

Installation instructions
Code:
Step One: Creating a clean installation of Hearts of Iron 2 or Doomsday

1. Insert your original HoI 2 or Doomsday CD-ROM. Cancel the “Play” screen if it appears.
2. In Windows Explorer, locate your existing Hearts of Iron 2 or Doomsday program folder.  Temporarily rename it to something else.
3. Locate the file Setup.exe on the CD-ROM. Run the program.
4. Choose the Repair option. Follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the Finish prompt.
5. Check in Windows Explorer, and you should have a new directory called Hearts of Iron 2 or Doomsday. (If necessary, press the F5 key to refresh the screen display.)

Step Two: Installing the latest Paradox patch

1. Download the latest patch from the [URL=http://www.paradoxplaza.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=39&Itemid=120]Paradox website[/URL].  Choose “Save to Disk” when given the option.
2. Find the patch file where you saved it, and run the program. Follow the on-screen instructions.
3. When asked to Choose Destination Location, make sure that the folder listed is the new \Hearts of Iron 2 or Doomsday folder that you created in Step One.
If this is not the one listed, click the Browse button and locate the correct directory. Follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
4. Rename the new directory ‘1914’.
5. Rename your original HoI 2 or Doomsday directory back to ‘Hearts of Iron 2’ or ‘Doomsday’, instead of whatever temporary name you gave it. Make sure you don’t get the two mixed up!

Step Three: Deleting files that relate specifically to the Second World War, to avoid possible mismatches with the new Great War files

1. In Windows Explorer, locate the following seven folders in your new \1914 directory, and delete each of them (including their sub-folders, if any):
[list]
[*]\ai
[*]\db
[*]\music
[*]\scenarios
[*]\GFX\Interface\models
[*]\GFX\Interface\pics
[*]\GFX\Interface\tech
[/list]

Step Four: Downloading and extracting 1914

Download and install the files for 1914

1. Version 0.4 comes in two files.  Download [URL=http://www.dsnd6000.com/1914/1914-04.rar]part one (1914-04.rar)[/URL], which consists of files that are compatible with either Hearts of Iron 2 or Doomsday.
2. Download part two, either [URL=http://www.dsnd6000.com/1914/1914-04-HOI2.rar]1914-04-HOI2 for Hearts of Iron 2[/URL] or [URL=http://www.dsnd6000.com/1914/1914-04-DD.rar]1914-04-DD.rar for Doomsday[/URL]
3. Extract the contents of the files to your \1914 directory.
4. Download the latest version [URL=http://1914.thomas-ney.com/1914-042-HOI2.rar]0.42 for HoI2[/URL] or [URL=http://1914.thomas-ney.com/1914-042-DD.rar]0.42 for DD[/URL] and extract it to your \1914 root directory. If asked, chose yes to overwrite existing files.

Step Five: Installing the No Time Limit patch so that the game starts before 1936 and choose the right language

1. Locate the file no_time_limit_11.exe in the \1914 directory. It is included in the 1914-04.rar download.  Run the program.
2. You will be asked to Select Target File to Patch. Click on the ... [Browse] button.
3. Check that the \1914 folder is displayed, and select the file HoI2.exe. Click Open then Start.
4. If your HoI2/DD is not in english language, open your \1914\settings.cfg-file with a texteditor of choice (Windows notepad f.e.). 
Change the number in line 0 (language) to 0 (zero) and save your changes.

Step 6: Run the game (by starting HoI2.exe in your 1914 directory)

What's new in 0.42?
Code:
+ Improved 1897 AI for all mayor powers
+ New/updated Ministers for FRA, ITA, SWE, QUE, POR, PRK (Port. Emp.), NOR, DEN, SER
+ New/updated Techteams for QUE, SWE, GER, U11 (A-H)
+ A fully playable 1911 scenario
+ Several new events including:
	Panama Canal
	Cogo Freestate
	Japanese-Russian War
	Italo-Turk-War
	First Balkan War
	Chinese Revolution
	Austrian Mobilization
	Trench Warfare on Western Front
	as well as several election events
	and many more...
+ bugfixes for the aircraft/air doctrine techtree
+ New leaders for U11 (A-H), USA and Abessinia
+ techteam pics for U11 (A-H), SPA
+ Latest Map version
+ new ship building AI
+ Improved 1897 scenario
+ German colonial troops fix
+ A first set of Surrender events
+ balancing improvements
+ Zeppelins can no longer convoy paratroopers
+ fixed map colors
+ A flag for Soviet Azerbaijan
+ some minor bugfixes

Last edited:
Well we finally got a 0.42... :cool:

AND I can finally be proud of the 1911 scenario :D

Last edited:
v.Manstein said:
Ooops, forgot it. I'll add it as fast as possible

Blah, take your time. I'm just happy the aviation tech tree is fixed. :)

TheLand said:
Erm - there seem to be many fewer files in 0.42 final than in the dev releases.

Specifically, the 0.42 final release doesn't have any changes to db or gfx folders - so no updated events!

V.Manstein - I assume that was a mistake?

NB. Only looking at DD version.

Please wait a moment. I am reuploading the package and your download is faster than my upload :)
That's why the files are incomplete.

Note to everybody who downloaded 0.42 before 17:30 CET: The packages were incomplete. Please download again!

v.Manstein said:
Note to everybody who downloaded 0.42 before 17:30 CET: The packages were incomplete. Please download again!

v. Manstein,

you are lacking a few of my A-H minister pics and the latest minister file. Admittedly I showered you with mails recently and they came to you in a fairly disjointed manner.

Any particular reason for not including them (white borders etc.)? I´ll just remail them to you.

T.

Last edited:
Zuckergußgebäck said:
Can it be installed over the latest beta?

Yes. that is what part 3 is for ;)

Part 3 (0.42 upgrade....)

that was the edit (that needs to be edited again)

Part 3.

Down-load p-a-r-t threeeee only.

EDIT

Sorry I'm a bit tired today. Part one would be for everyone. Part two depends on if you have HoI 2 plain or DD with it. Part three depends on that also, but is the only part you need as all of 0.42 is included in there, if you have 0.41 installed allready that is.

EDIT again.

This HoI2 has to go. DD or ARM IMO.

Part 1 and 2 set up a plain 0.4 installation

Part 3 upgrades every 0.4 or 0.41 (and every 0.42 dev-beta) version to 0.42.

@Tegetthoff: Sorry that I missed your files. Seems that I mixed something up during the last days, got too much mails ;)

But they will be added as soon as possible. I will sleep over the best solution tonight ^^

v.Manstein said:
@Tegetthoff: Sorry that I missed your files. Seems that I mixed something up during the last days, got too much mails ;)

But they will be added as soon as possible. I will sleep over the best solution tonight ^^

Inform me about the results of your sleep, since I have done another couple of things today (Emil Uzelac Austrian air doctrine team with pic, more ship names for A-H navy etc.). Can send them if you want me to.

There will be a 0.43 development which will be more or less a bugfix for 0.43 (no new features, just little improvments) and we will start working on 0.5 at the same time.

btw: 94 downloads of 0.42 in the first 6 hours! Hell, seems that I have to order more Traffic :D

v.Manstein said:
There will be a 0.43 development which will be more or less a bugfix for 0.43 (no new features, just little improvments) and we will start working on 0.5 at the same time.

btw: 94 downloads of 0.42 in the first 6 hours! Hell, seems that I have to order more Traffic :D

Yessir!

Great! This won't work with Armageddon, though?