• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Spaceman9057

Recruit
18 Badges
Jul 16, 2020
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I have not played prison architect for a while, but when I was playing prison architect more recently, I found that I was constantly out of cash. After doing some experimenting I discovered that whenever I used the clone tool, it was making me pay double for anything I cloned, since I had to pay the full price of whatever I cloned when I cloned the thing, and then I had to pay it again to get the required resources to build said thing. This makes it really hard to build big prisons quickly, since you either have to wait for loads of money to come in or place every single thing very meticulously. This feels ridiculous. I would really appreciate if you could inform me if this is a feature or just a problem on my end that is fixable. If it is a bug, then it would be awesome if you could fix it. Thanks.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Please attach here the game log C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\debug.txt
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

And a saved game showing that issue. Thanks!

Please attach here the game log C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Introversion\Prison Architect\debug.txt
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

And a saved game showing that issue. Thanks!
Hello Andrew, I realize you posted this message a while ago, but I was hoping you'd still be willing to take a look at this issue.
My save is of the campaign instead of a normal game, if that makes a difference.
The most recent use of the clone tool was when I copied a cell block; I believe the cost ended up being about 127,000, in case that helps you locate it in the files.

I tried adding a copy of my saved game, but the forum informed me it doesn't support .campaign files; let me know if there's another way I can send it to you.

Thank you in advance for helping if you can.

Attachments

• debug.txt
    127,8 KB · Views: 0
According to the post before yours this was fixed in the previous patch. It is not impossible it's back in the new patch, but I'm not seeing other reports of it, as yet anyway.

Probably best to start a new thread and attach the save and log there. Zip the save up so the forum will accept it.

According to the post before yours this was fixed in the previous patch. It is not impossible it's back in the new patch, but I'm not seeing other reports of it, as yet anyway.

Probably best to start a new thread and attach the save and log there. Zip the save up so the forum will accept it.
Will do, thank you.

Edit:
My thread is called "Double Charging Clone Tool" for anyone interested.

Last edited:

still not fixed