• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Uh, I just don't see how that can feasibly be done. I mean, ok, an event can take care of it. But there needs to be a story... how on earth they allied. :rolleyes: It would probably entail JAP giving back Manchukuo and Dalian and Rehe, all the warlords going apeshit and allying ComChi or something to form "Free China" or something, and massive civil war. :wacko:

v.2 tonight.

mib said:
Some new nifty features/events coming in the next update:
- Add/change a bunch of events so that they depend on JAP's progress. If JAP holds Beiping, Nanking and Guangzhou, then Hitler will recognise Manchukuo. JAP will need to control Guangzhou and Hainan before Vichy France cede Indochina to JAP etc., etc.
ETA this weekend. Or before.

I think the event of Hitler will recognise Manchukuo should be triggered by Japanese offer of 5000 iron. If the Jap choose not to give then Hitler will not recognise Manchukuo and the relationship between Chi and Ger increase.

PS btw mib how do u mod events?

Why iron? The agreement they had was for tungsten, which is a rare resource.

Besides, I don't think this can be correctly simulated in game. Engine limitation.

Modding events is really easy, just open up the files in db\events using a text editors. See the wiki (http://hoi2.nsen.ch/wiki/index.php/Mods_and_Modding) for modding tutorials.

I just want to ask that is it meant to be like that, when Com Chi get out of its alliance with the other chinese states, it still stays on war on their side, but not as ally, shouldn't com chi get seperate war with japan so it could declare war on weak natchi etc.

Version 0.2 is here!

See readme for full list of changes.

Some neat new stuff:
- Playing Japan no longer means you're a heartless mass murderer. Now you can choose not to allow the Nanking Massacre... or indulge in it and denounce it as Communist Propaganda(tm)...
- No more annoying max_strength = 50 divisions take cost the same as a full one to upgrade/reinforce. All divisions for CHI and regular_id = CHI warlords (CGX, CSX, CYN, CXB) have "max_strength" removed from all their divisions.
- New and changed events, to make Japan's life miserable... :rofl:
- Correct Chinese army names. No more "23. Bubing Shi"! No tones though. Can't type tones in-game, so for continuity's sake, no tones in starting orbat. Applies for CHI and CGX, CSX, CYN, CXB.
- Bug fixes and other minor cosmetic changes.

DOWNLOAD: Same deal, still at gmail...

email: ddccip@gmail.com
password: "piccdd" (ddccip backwards)

But I've got a temp url set up and my old host that is liable to expire any minute, so grab it while you can. (See first post.)

Last edited:
Finnish Commie said:
I just want to ask that is it meant to be like that, when Com Chi get out of its alliance with the other chinese states, it still stays on war on their side, but not as ally, shouldn't com chi get seperate war with japan so it could declare war on weak natchi etc.

Well, if at war you take NatChi's provinces which have been occupied by Japan I think you will keep those provinces. Unless it's been changed in DD.

Wouldnt it make sense that if the Communists defeat the Nationalists, they would gain at least some of the tech teams?

Obviously with the whole "revolution" thing going on, some tech teams would be hunted down and "re-educated" as enemies of the state ;p However, im sure many of these important R&D type institutions would be deemed too valuable by Mao to eliminate unless I am mistaken ;p

Hmm now is it meant to be when there is the "unified front" event and if I as com chi turn it down I get peace with nat chi? I lost all I had conquered and cant declare war becouse of the peace treaty.

Finnish Commie said:
Hmm now is it meant to be when there is the "unified front" event and if I as com chi turn it down I get peace with nat chi? I lost all I had conquered and cant declare war becouse of the peace treaty.
You chose not to instigate the Xi'an Incident did you? Right now the United Front event does not check for CHI not at war with CHC, will add it to the next version.

Invader_Canuck said:
Wouldnt it make sense that if the Communists defeat the Nationalists, they would gain at least some of the tech teams?

Obviously with the whole "revolution" thing going on, some tech teams would be hunted down and "re-educated" as enemies of the state ;p However, im sure many of these important R&D type institutions would be deemed too valuable by Mao to eliminate unless I am mistaken ;p
CHC does get A BUNCH of new tech teams upon uniting China, including Shanxi and Peking University. I think it's enough, but I haven't played CHC yet... tell me if you think there are too few.

Thistletooth said:
Dammit! And now I have to head off to work, having just learned of this.

Stupid life....
Work? On Saturday? Poor guy... :(

mib said:
Uh, I just don't see how that can feasibly be done. I mean, ok, an event can take care of it. But there needs to be a story... how on earth they allied. :rolleyes: It would probably entail JAP giving back Manchukuo and Dalian and Rehe, all the warlords going apeshit and allying ComChi or something to form "Free China" or something, and massive civil war. :wacko:

v.2 tonight.

Sounds chaotic though. Prolly fun too :p

But its like the unholy alliance, really strange.

A few people in the jap cabinet were against the war with china, maybe something dealing with trying to set up good relations with them, eventually getting them as an ally by promising to help kill warlords and eventually return manchuria.

A weird alternate what if

Invader_Canuck said:
Hrmm, I don't think I got any tech teams. Then again, I was only part of the alliance that annexed Nat China. The Soviets annexed it and I inherited the rest of the country, I had taken about 50% I suppose.

Maybe that is why I didnt pick up any of the tech teams?
That would be why. You need to completely own all your claim area (except Hong Kong) before the event recognises that you have united China.

Does that include Soviet parts of China as well as Mongolia?

Let me clearify.

I was allied with the Soviet Union. Together we conquered Nat China and pushed the Japanese off the mainland. I took the North East and Eastern bit myself while the Soviets took the rest. They initiated the annexation but everything passed to me as they were national provinces.

So my first question remains. To get this event do I need those parts of the Soviet Union and Mongolia as well?

mib said:
You chose not to instigate the Xi'an Incident did you? Right now the United Front event does not check for CHI not at war with CHC, will add it to the next version.(

Yea I chose the "not to plan" in Xi'an incident, and when I turned down the unified front my war with nat chi ended, even if I wanted to kick his ass after that.

Wow, there are so many new events to make Japans life harder.

I just defeated the nationalists, and now the Commies inhereit Xibei and Sinkiang! As well as get almost 20 divs and a fort line!

I'm going to spend more time chasing the commies through the back country then I did defeating the Nationalists!

Panzerschiffe said:
Sounds chaotic though. Prolly fun too :p

But its like the unholy alliance, really strange.

A few people in the jap cabinet were against the war with china, maybe something dealing with trying to set up good relations with them, eventually getting them as an ally by promising to help kill warlords and eventually return manchuria.

A weird alternate what if
Fantasy events would probably be quite low on the priority list. But I'll try to do it if I have the time.

semihippie said:
I've updated my site to v.2, just so you know.
Thanks a lot.

Invader_Canuck said:
Does that include Soviet parts of China as well as Mongolia?

Let me clearify.

I was allied with the Soviet Union. Together we conquered Nat China and pushed the Japanese off the mainland. I took the North East and Eastern bit myself while the Soviets took the rest. They initiated the annexation but everything passed to me as they were national provinces.

So my first question remains. To get this event do I need those parts of the Soviet Union and Mongolia as well?
Hmm... that doesn't sound right. Now did you conquer the Nationalists first or destroy the Japanese first? If NatChi did not control Taiwan when civil war broke out, they won't get the event to flee there, and a prerequisite of the PRC united China event is that the Nationlists must flee there... I'll work on some way to overcome that.

Finnish Commie said:
Yea I chose the "not to plan" in Xi'an incident, and when I turned down the unified front my war with nat chi ended, even if I wanted to kick his ass after that.
OK the problem was that for the vanilla United Front event, CHC does not get a say and therefore the event for CHI makes peace with CHC. I've removed the command line from the CHI event, the CHC event if accepted will make peace with CHI.

goobermaster said:
Wow, there are so many new events to make Japans life harder.

I just defeated the nationalists, and now the Commies inhereit Xibei and Sinkiang! As well as get almost 20 divs and a fort line!

I'm going to spend more time chasing the commies through the back country then I did defeating the Nationalists!
That's the plan. :D Though there is a load of events to make the lives of NatChi and ComChi harder, too... I'm just thinking that on N/N it's far too easy to annex China as Japan, or to reunite China as NatChi or ComChi. Difficult = good.