• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mib

Custom User Title
95 Badges
Feb 5, 2005
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Version 0.1 is ready!

OK, since I lost my web hosting things have gotten a bit complicated. But, there's always gmail...

Instructions:

Go to gmail, login with the following info:

email: ddccip@gmail.com
password: "piccdd" (ddccip backwards)

And DDCCIP will be waiting in a convo in the inbox. Sorry for any inconveniences caused! :D

PS. Original CCIP is still available, even though Duke_of_BOOM!'s download link is gone... PM me to get it.

I must say that using gmail as a file mirror is pretty ingenious.

And to think of all the years I've been fiddling around with rapidshare as a means to host my files...

However I'm wondering about the limitations: can multiple users access the gmail account at the same time? If so, I'm off to set up my own "gmail file front." If not, it's a blessing HOI2 isn't all that popular, so most people will be able to dl.

Thanks! The CCIP makes any game in asia much more enjoyable. I'll be watching for further updates.

And, yes like the others said, using gmail as your mirror is brilliant - no crappy rapidshare or other sites. I'll have to do that in the future! :)

That is true. But for a little-known game like this, I doubt anyone will want to mess it up. Besides, everyone loves CCIP too much to do any harm to it!!! :rofl:

OK guys, so does the new update work fine? I'm up to early 1938 and no unforseen stuff has happened yet. Any of you got further down? Sorry I didn't really have time to test it, just loaded up new GC, and it all loaded fine, so I exited and put this file on gmail. :rolleyes:

PS. I got the idea from... ahem... an attempt to conduct non-p2p, non ftp mp3 transfers.

Todo for v0.2

Alright! Here's a list of features/fixes planned for v0.2

- Make sure that original CCIP's events work with DD's changed and new events
- P'dox seems to have removed Tanu Tuva (in-game province Kyzyl 1418) from CHI's core territory list. (At least in both 36GC and 45GC, not sure about the rest) Giving in to Russkie censorship this time, P'dox? :rolleyes: Anyway they'll be readded.
- Duke_of_BOOM! seemed to have left the Chinese portion of the fantasy Bitter Peace event incomplete. I'll complete it. For now even if China fulfills its BP requirements Germany will be the only one getting the benefits.
- Correct Chinese army and division names etc. P'dox made a bunch of mistakes on Chinese divisional and army names. Baoantui? 2 identical 20. Lujun? :wacko: It's not their fault I'm sure, but I'll be correcting them.
- More historical events, such as Nationalists gang-pressing former Manchukuoan and even Japanese soldiers to fight for them in Manchuria. Wasn't very popular back home, nossir.
- Open to suggestions what to do other than these.

OMGWTF CCIP 4 HoI2DD???? teh roXXorZ!!!!!!!!!

IMHO.

I've been waiting for this, the chance to finally play that great Nationalist China game, one that allows me to spend most of the 40s bringing China's economy up to speed, while still allowing me plenty of time to tackle the Bear. My earlier HoI games always felt a little incomplete, since by the time I brought all of China's provinces up to 100% infrastructure and research Advanced everything, there's nothing left to do, and nothing more to upgrade.

BTW, mib, I'm curious about your dedication to HoI China. What made you single it out for your attention? Chinese background? Field of professional study? Random childhood passion? Rabid commie? Rabid anti-commie? Or just the funnest country to play as?

I only recently discovered how fun it is to play as the Kuomintang, and it's led to me to take up the history of the Chinese Republic in general, and the Nanking Decade in particular, as a sideline interest, alongside the other 40,000 sideline interests that guarantee I'll never find contentment in life.

I'll be sure to give 0.2 a go; I think I can resist the impulse until it's released.

No pressure, of course. :p

P.S. As for other suggestions, I think what could really make DDCCIP a slam-dunk mod would be an aesthetic overhaul. I played the original HoI2 CCIP, and it occured to me that an overall Sinification of the unit pics, backgrounds, and especially music could really help the immersion.

Of course, I don't know how Paradox would feel about mods with added music, nor how easy it would be to find period Chinese/Japanese music in the public domain. I have a personal selection of music - a mixture of period Chinese songs, traditional/folk, Orientalist/Western, and modern Romanticized music - that I usually listen to when I play CCIP, and I've been struggling to find more. What I have goes a long way, though. I admire Waldetoft's work, but only one East Asian track just doesn't cut it.

Last edited:
Thistletooth,

The mod you're looking for is the Chinese GFX pack (very creative name eh?) which changes/adds many of the models' photos and names for China. I've also done some Sinification of the unit names and such, I gave the corrected/expanded unitnames.csv and armynames.csv to DoB before DD was released (and before he just disappeared... poof! like that) but I lost them so it might take a bit of time to do it again.

Playing as Nationalist China is fun. Very fun. Even better, in DD the game seems to be tougher. A lot tougher. In my test game Japan kept pouring troops into Manchuria, more than 130 divisions, and Manchukuo had more than 60... Meanwhile my Central Army had no more than 90 divisions, many of them guarding the coast (though for some less important provinces I let Guangxi do the garrisoning). It took more than 10 encirclements (including one that cut across Korea and completely separating Manchukuo from the IJA... with more than 70 divisions trapped within) and Dec 1940 to win the war. For comparison the most I needed in vanilla 1.3 DD was Apr 1938. :wacko: So now my task to rebuild all infrastructure to 100% is taking a longer time than desirable. The overall -20% to infrastructure Chinese provinces got didn't help (but was quite historical). For example Nanking and Shanghai are now 50% provinces down from 100%, and Lanzhou is 10%! (Was 30% or 40% in vanilla, methinks.) Then with Japan DOWing me again after the NAP expired (and somehow they became left-wing radical) my IC could not adequately support both my freshly-renovated SS fleet (still useful!) and newly-trained STR+NAV air force while maintaining the upgrades at home. Fun fun fun. I seriously contemplated allying with the Allies, something I've never done before.

As to your question why, I have to say it's ALL OF THE ABOVE. I am Chinese, yes. It's not my profession... yet. But I am seriously considering minoring in Sinology in college or something. While mainly doing pre-med + CompSci, of course. Of course. :rolleyes: Until it dawned upon me at I probably know more than many of the profs. Most of them are the 49-78 variant anyway, I've no interest in that. You could say it's a childhood obsession. I've always been going apeshit at the lack of Second Sino-Japanese War games, so imagine my surprise at discovering HOI2... that alone was enough for me to overlook the grave injustice done to China in Vicky (especially in 1.4!) :rofl: OK, rabidly communist and anti-communist would not apply here. I don't play ComChi (except to test stuff), but I think I'm just rabidly... Chinese.

As for music etc., I've been looking around for some Chinese propaganda music (not just from ComChi, but NatChi as well) but many of them don't suit HOI2. Using copyrighted music is potentially difficult, so probably not.

Some new nifty features/events coming in the next update:

- Ability for JAP to choose to commit the Nanking Massacre or not. It's not right that every time someone plays Japan 300,000 virtual civilians have to be killed. The player can 1. proceed as usual; 2. not do it; 3. claim it's a communist lie and that it never happened (you know who I'm talking about). :rolleyes:
- Add/change a bunch of events so that they depend on JAP's progress. If JAP holds Beiping, Nanking and Guangzhou, then Hitler will recognise Manchukuo. JAP will need to control Guangzhou and Hainan before Vichy France cede Indochina to JAP etc., etc.

ETA this weekend. Or before.

mib said:
As for music etc., I've been looking around for some Chinese propaganda music (not just from ComChi, but NatChi as well) but many of them don't suit HOI2. Using copyrighted music is potentially difficult, so probably not.
You know what I've been using?

Soundtracks from Kung Fu Hustle, Call of Duty 2, would like to try to find Fist of Legend but they never released one :(

;p

CCIP is a very fun mod, I've tweaked around some tech team changes and pic changes, it'll be a bitch to do it again, but I think it's worth it.

That reminds me, I've actually replaced one of the tech teams with the Tsinghua University. It was, and still is, a pretty famous university in China, in direct competition with Peking University. If you're interested in putting it in the mod, just PM me.

I love CCIP, it really makes playing china fun.

Ive been waiting to get it before playing any DD campaign (long DD campaign that is).

I havent really gotten a good game past 1940 though. I dunno why. I'll have to check the events and get familiar with them so i can really own japan again.

semihippie said:
I am hosting this at http://www.semihippie.net/CCIP.zip. I have plenty of hosting, mib, so just send me a pm and I'll host it for ya.

Thanks a lot semihippie. I'm still waiting for my own hosting to come back up online. Meanwhile your link can save everyone a lot of trouble. I'll still be uploading it to google, though. :rofl:

I started playing it and it looked pretty awesome what with the added DD stuff.

Japan polo'd me and i absorbed shanxi. Then, Operation Zet popped up and i accepted or pressed ok and i got a CTD!

It happened previously so i thought id double check to see if it wasnt just random.

So, im assuming that Operation Zet causes CTD.

Im guessing DDCCIP mods the Zet event. So, im wondering what would cause this.

In other words, i need help :p
I wont be able to play unless i delete the Zet event it seems.

Panzerschiffe said:
I started playing it and it looked pretty awesome what with the added DD stuff.

Japan polo'd me and i absorbed shanxi. Then, Operation Zet popped up and i accepted or pressed ok and i got a CTD!

It happened previously so i thought id double check to see if it wasnt just random.

So, im assuming that Operation Zet causes CTD.

Im guessing DDCCIP mods the Zet event. So, im wondering what would cause this.

In other words, i need help :p
I wont be able to play unless i delete the Zet event it seems.

Known issue. Sorry about that. Just replace the modded event with the original one in your backup. It's been changed for the next release.

EDIT: I've uploaded the vanilla CCIP and also the China GFX Pack to the gmail account. Grab them there.

mib said:
Known issue. Sorry about that. Just replace the modded event with the original one in your backup. It's been changed for the next release.

EDIT: I've uploaded the vanilla CCIP and also the China GFX Pack to the gmail account. Grab them there.

Damn, i dont have the backup for that.

can you post the soviet and natchina events for that?

Replace event 83 in hoi2.txt with the following:

Code:
event = {
	id = 83
	random = no
	country = CHI

name = EVT_83_NAME
	desc = EVT_83_DESC
       picture = "assistance"
	style = 0

# Triggered by Soviet event 82

action_a = {
		ai_chance = 90
		name = EVT_83_ACTA
		command = { type = construct which = air_base where = 1360 value = 1 }
		command = { type = add_corps which = "Op Zet Exp. Force 1" value = air where = 1360 }
		command = { type = add_division which = "Interceptor Force" value = interceptor when = 0 }
		command = { type = add_corps which = "Op Zet Exp. Force 2" value = air where = 1360 }
		command = { type = add_division which = "Bomber Force" value = tactical_bomber when = 0 }
		command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = 1 }
		command = { type = relation which = SOV value = 10 }
		command = { type = supplies value = 1000 }
		command = { type = non_aggression which = SOV where = CHI }
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 50377 }
	}

action_b = {
		ai_chance = 10
		name = EVT_83_ACTB
		command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = -1 }
	}
}