• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
mathcube said:
In CCIP version .72 for HoI 2, I had the same issue as Morten Kay does now. I commented out the lines that deleted specific units and started playing again and sure enough the event triggered and did not cause a CTD. The whole problem may have something to do with my having disbanded those specific units earlier.

Thanks that seems like a temporary solution. Will try it this weekend. But i dont think i have disbanded/lost anything but militia.

Tiny Problem

Im not sure if this bug im going to post is from the mod or from DD bad events ut it happens every time i do something specific.
Short History of my game:
Playing Natchi i unified China 1940.Then slowlyadvancing towards europe i annexed persia turkey greece and everything in my way to there. I also joined axis and took over Sweden and Norway.The fun things were:Germany took over Austria like always and had Fall weiss(the occupation of Poland) but then the european diplomatics just stopped.No ww2 appeard and that in a hard difficult aggressive game.Anyway back to the story.Japan follows the pearl harbour event and now fight totaly alone the World War against Usa,UK France netherlands australia and so on and isnt loosing.Usa never dropped a nuke so the war wont stop so fast.its now 1946 and as the Axis dont have the eagerness to attack the allies or otherwise i decided to dow the allies.

Long story short meaning I get the event Allied advisors withdraw but here is the problem.I dont have any Allied Advisors only German Advisors and so when i try to click ok or hit enter the game crashes every time.

Toziel said:
Long story short meaning I get the event Allied advisors withdraw but here is the problem.I dont have any Allied Advisors only German Advisors and so when i try to click ok or hit enter the game crashes every time.
There is only two ways to solve the problem. Either delete the event or edit it so that it won't trigger and delete the tech team manually.

Hi Mib,

Thanks a lot for the mod. It's just what I really look for !! Especially the new tech team ! :rolleyes:

I started playing as communist china. I invaded Persia and got dow by Soviet and UK. I know Persia was garanteed independence by UK and USSR. But in the plain doomsday, I seldom got dow by USSR even I invade USSR. May I ask is the AI of USSR changed ? :confused: Or do others got dow by USSR when they invade Persia, using CHC ?

Another problem is more strange. I loaded a previous save and did not invade Persia. After some years, I joined the united front line and fight agains Japan. Now it is 1939. UK, France, etc DOW the union of CHC, CHI, etc :eek: It's nearly impossible to fight against Japan and the Allies at the same time -- and Allies have not been DOW by Germany yet, and Japan also have not DOW against US. So the Chinese need to fight against 2 group of enemies alone ...

fant said:
Hi Mib,

Thanks a lot for the mod. It's just what I really look for !! Especially the new tech team ! :rolleyes:

I started playing as communist china. I invaded Persia and got dow by Soviet and UK. I know Persia was garanteed independence by UK and USSR. But in the plain doomsday, I seldom got dow by USSR even I invade USSR. May I ask is the AI of USSR changed ? :confused: Or do others got dow by USSR when they invade Persia, using CHC ?
Uh... if you invade USSR you must DoW USSR... huh? I'm not getting what you're saying, sorry.

fant said:
Another problem is more strange. I loaded a previous save and did not invade Persia. After some years, I joined the united front line and fight agains Japan. Now it is 1939. UK, France, etc DOW the union of CHC, CHI, etc :eek: It's nearly impossible to fight against Japan and the Allies at the same time -- and Allies have not been DOW by Germany yet, and Japan also have not DOW against US. So the Chinese need to fight against 2 group of enemies alone ...
What's your belligerence?

As for my problem:The only way to fix it was removing the event.
For some reason i am not sure off i had both axis and some of the ally Advisors (Claire) but lacked the rest.Im not sure but maybe that may have caused the problem.

Sorry Mib, I did not say clearly. :rofl:
I invade Persia. Then USSR and UK DOW on me ... this seldom happens.
My belligerence (I am CHC) is 60 sth. My allies' (CHI) belligerence is much lower. CHI didn't invade any countries.

mib said:
Uh... if you invade USSR you must DoW USSR... huh? I'm not getting what you're saying, sorry.

What's your belligerence?

Toziel said:
As for my problem:The only way to fix it was removing the event.
For some reason i am not sure off i had both axis and some of the ally Advisors (Claire) but lacked the rest.Im not sure but maybe that may have caused the problem.
OK, I think that some of the advisors events have an offset, that might be what's causing your CTD...
lee1026 said:
Would it be too much to ask for all of the orginal CCIP events to be extended to fit the new time frame?
Next release.
fant said:
Sorry Mib, I did not say clearly. :rofl:
I invade Persia. Then USSR and UK DOW on me ... this seldom happens.
My belligerence (I am CHC) is 60 sth. My allies' (CHI) belligerence is much lower. CHI didn't invade any countries.
Hmm... Persia has a NAP with SOV... so SOV's DoW is not unexpected. Persia also becomes a puppet of ENG some time during the game. Check if Persia is?

Thanks for the help mathcube! it solve the problem. Now im off to help Germany :)

mib said:
OK, I think that some of the advisors events have an offset, that might be what's causing your CTD...

Next release.

I'm having the same problem, anytime I join either alliance the event fires and CTD. I believe it could be due to the wake teams and sleepteams, but I'm quite sure that the reason its crashing isn't due to that, but rather the "Allies withdraw advisors" event.

There are some commands to remove divisions... I believe that those divisions are either destroyed or moved (and ID has changed) and that is causing the CTD. I'll test it out later today.

I chose the "Populist" option for Nationalist China in that post-WW2 event dealing with Chiang, which moves the sliders toward Social Democrat. Now when I reload saves I get a mismatched database error, so I'm wondering if somehow some leaders got duplicated? It's no big deal, the game still loads, just thought you might want to check into it.

Also, if I press claims against the Soviets, how do I get my claims without annexing the USSR? I know they won't surrender, so I'm wondering if you guys have made a victory event in that case?

Is Soviet DOW on Nationalist China few weeks before Barbarossa normal? :)
One thing... After defeating Japan, it have no puppets and no alliance with them, so Japan can join Germany anytime it wants... That's quite a problem and is quite unprobable - if China is the main power in Asia, why Germany would ally with Japan? AND I beg you, add some triggers to Pearl Harbour event - I know tat Japan really wants to screw itself attacking USA and Allies, but choosing to attack without any CV/CVL/BB and only few DD is just nonsence. How it looked like? mid '40 - Japan DOWs me - I have no navy yet, they can't land anywhere so I keep fighting their navy with CAS. In march '41 they have only about 60 DD/TP/CLs and rest of once glorious IJN is rusting somewhere under the water, and I'm preparing slowly to invade them. Then as I said Soviets DOW me. Ok, I keep fighting them, grabing Kazakstan and half os Siberia after nice fight. Then Barbarossa comes... SU is being beaten badly by Germany and China... December '41 - Japan, (with some paper ships and kites I suppose) attacks USA... And joins Axis. :wacko:

Akaki said:
Is Soviet DOW on Nationalist China few weeks before Barbarossa normal? :)
One thing... After defeating Japan, it have no puppets and no alliance with them, so Japan can join Germany anytime it wants... That's quite a problem and is quite unprobable - if China is the main power in Asia, why Germany would ally with Japan? AND I beg you, add some triggers to Pearl Harbour event - I know tat Japan really wants to screw itself attacking USA and Allies, but choosing to attack without any CV/CVL/BB and only few DD is just nonsence. How it looked like? mid '40 - Japan DOWs me - I have no navy yet, they can't land anywhere so I keep fighting their navy with CAS. In march '41 they have only about 60 DD/TP/CLs and rest of once glorious IJN is rusting somewhere under the water, and I'm preparing slowly to invade them. Then as I said Soviets DOW me. Ok, I keep fighting them, grabing Kazakstan and half os Siberia after nice fight. Then Barbarossa comes... SU is being beaten badly by Germany and China... December '41 - Japan, (with some paper ships and kites I suppose) attacks USA... And joins Axis. :wacko:
Your belligerence was probably high enough to get USSR to DoW you. You're probably Nazi so if it was USSR that DoWed GER it probably would DoW you alone with GER... As for Pearl Harbor... sure, but it's possible that they would decide on a sea-based strategy after their loss on land.

Moltke said:
I chose the "Populist" option for Nationalist China in that post-WW2 event dealing with Chiang, which moves the sliders toward Social Democrat. Now when I reload saves I get a mismatched database error, so I'm wondering if somehow some leaders got duplicated? It's no big deal, the game still loads, just thought you might want to check into it.

Also, if I press claims against the Soviets, how do I get my claims without annexing the USSR? I know they won't surrender, so I'm wondering if you guys have made a victory event in that case?
Hmm, probably a non-existent leader got slept or something. Could you send a savegame to me? (Zipped of course.) I've never chosen the populist option (instead opting for the generalissimo or the fascists... :wacko: )

...sea-based strategy after their loss on land.
With what? Few destroyers? Against whole american navy? Hoping that enemy commanders would die laughing?
When Japan DOWed me it was pretty fine - I had only few TP and bunch of CAS, they were ruling the seas for a few weeks and were trying to capture Taiwan, but eventualy I have destroyed their navy with mentioned CAS. About Soviet DOW - I had about 25 belligerance and choosed to claim historical lands on SU, Portugal, Japan and UK.
Surely an surrender event for SU would be much apriciated...

Akaki said:
With what? Few destroyers? Against whole american navy? Hoping that enemy commanders would die laughing?
When Japan DOWed me it was pretty fine - I had only few TP and bunch of CAS, they were ruling the seas for a few weeks and were trying to capture Taiwan, but eventualy I have destroyed their navy with mentioned CAS. About Soviet DOW - I had about 25 belligerance and choosed to claim historical lands on SU, Portugal, Japan and UK.
Surely an surrender event for SU would be much apriciated...
I can't account for every ahistorical situation there is. We've enough fantasy events as we do now, once I finish the Bitter Peace events I'll get back to modding historical events etc.