• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you are being very dramatic. different religion is not same as different sect of same religion.
Oh so heretics are fine but heathens aren't? Why? Who said so?

So Sunni Byzantium isn't fine but Anglican Byzantium is?

Just make a Catholic custom nation that has the Prussian government. Problem solved.

Reactions:
And the rest of us do. If you really want to throw history out the window just play with custom nations.

By your logic, Catholic Andalusia could be a thing.

Or Sunni Byzantium.

There are religious requirements to forming certain tags because those religions were integral parts of their history.

hurr durr yuo kan chang relgion aftr form

Yes, do that if you want to, but to even have the slightest resemblance of the game being similar to history, there needs to be some restrictions.

If not, why not let Polish cultured countries form Prussia? Why not French countries too? Where's the limit? Kamchadese Sikh Prussia?
culture =/= religion.

the tie between prussia being catholic and then being militaristic is loose at best. and then you proceed to engage in a slippery slope fallacy.

i make the simplest of suggestions, and an army of trolls comes out and says "well its not history bro." this is a game. not history class. historically, were not lands valued based on three numbers, manpower, tax, production. historically, rulers were not valued in terms of 3 numbers. historically, there were not 3 arbitrary ages, were nations tried to achieve certain objectives to get splendor points.

I seriously wonder if the people who are trolling this suggestion actually play the game, or just salivate over pictures from eu4 games that had historical borders.

Reactions:
culture =/= religion.

the tie between prussia being catholic and then being militaristic is loose at best. and then you proceed to engage in a slippery slope fallacy.

i make the simplest of suggestions, and an army of trolls comes out and says "well its not history bro." this is a game. not history class. historically, were not lands valued based on three numbers, manpower, tax, production. historically, rulers were not valued in terms of 3 numbers. historically, there were not 3 arbitrary ages, were nations tried to achieve certain objectives to get splendor points.

I seriously wonder if the people who are trolling this suggestion actually play the game, or just salivate over pictures from eu4 games that had historical borders.
Do you really think you have a dedicated troll army that follows you? Ever imagine that maybe your suggestions are, well, not good?

Reactions:
OK one thing yes the protestant belief was very strong in the Prussian way. Also in the way of the state, be strict, dont have too much fun and do your duty. Where corner stone of discipline, which came from the protestant belief. Not just for Brandenburg/Prussia but also for Sweden( even more extrem see Gustav Adolph). As you pointed out you can form prussia being protestant or reformed and switch back. The game leaves you so much liberty. As well as culture shifting with some random clicks here and there. For fun I had a swedish Prussia or even Austrian. But I mostly enjoy playing it with a little bit of immersion. I have over 3,5k hours into the game over 90% of all achievments and I am not fan of all history borders. But there needs to be some limit to what janky stuff you can do.
Prussia is Protestant (Makes sense)
Byzantium is Orthodox (Makes sense)
Ottoman is Sunni (Makes sense)
Austria as Emperor is Catholic (Makes sense)
The games especially before 1600hundreds builds from this imersion. Where it is a sandbox filled with history where you learn a little whilst playinf follow the missions and try to achieve your goal. (protestant europe or what not).
Having no formation boundaries breaks this and also creastes unrealistic stuff. You can still go and become a completly different country and some other crazy stuff. Like Tengry Polish Horde with insane cav combat ability. Or you can go and become Yuan as Transonoxania after becoming the Timurid stuff like that. Or Mameluck who rather is Rum. France into Austria into Prussia into Moscovy. The only difference is some limitaion in religion and that is the problem?

Reactions:
Yes, it's alt-history... The reason why historically the margraves of Brandenburg were able to wear the mantel of kings "In Prussia" were that A. They controlled the old prussian territory and B. They were an heriditary family. The Teutonic Order couldn't pretend to be that since it was a religious order, but they secularized when the reformation hit and were inherited by Brandenburg.

If Brandenburg (or anyone) came to control that area outside of the HRE, catholic or protestant, they could eventually have been given that title, in my opinion.

@Vin55 If protestantism is so much at the hearth of militarism, why don't all protestant countries have it and only Prussia?

OK one thing yes the protestant belief was very strong in the Prussian way. Also in the way of the state, be strict, dont have too much fun and do your duty. Where corner stone of discipline, which came from the protestant belief. Not just for Brandenburg/Prussia but also for Sweden( even more extrem see Gustav Adolph). As you pointed out you can form prussia being protestant or reformed and switch back. The game leaves you so much liberty. As well as culture shifting with some random clicks here and there. For fun I had a swedish Prussia or even Austrian. But I mostly enjoy playing it with a little bit of immersion. I have over 3,5k hours into the game over 90% of all achievments and I am not fan of all history borders. But there needs to be some limit to what janky stuff you can do.
Prussia is Protestant (Makes sense)
Byzantium is Orthodox (Makes sense)
Ottoman is Sunni (Makes sense)
Austria as Emperor is Catholic (Makes sense)
The games especially before 1600hundreds builds from this imersion. Where it is a sandbox filled with history where you learn a little whilst playinf follow the missions and try to achieve your goal. (protestant europe or what not).
Having no formation boundaries breaks this and also creastes unrealistic stuff. You can still go and become a completly different country and some other crazy stuff. Like Tengry Polish Horde with insane cav combat ability. Or you can go and become Yuan as Transonoxania after becoming the Timurid stuff like that. Or Mameluck who rather is Rum. France into Austria into Prussia into Moscovy. The only difference is some limitaion in religion and that is the problem?
i never say no formation requirements. do not put word in my mouth

Reactions:
This thread has moved into the "he said/she said" territory and is now locked. OP, this is a historical game and as has been pointed out work as designed. If you don't like this feature may I suggest checking for a mod that may change this?

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.