• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sensational

Colonel
47 Badges
Oct 5, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Imperator: Rome
Multiplayer Player Suggestion Box.

We (the people) have some thoughts, some requests. The 4 of us I've actually talked to have come up with this, I'm sure we could gather some more.

Most important/Less work for big rewards:
- Let us whisper/tell/PM users who are in active games. This means linking up the ingame chat with the lobby chat. Very, very important. It lets you save and jump out to the lobby to bring in new players as you go. In a game where the matches last all day/several days/weeks, depending on how much you play, this is essential. I realize that the old school way of doing it is viable, where you decide a time and place and you sit down and pray to your god that people show up. But it'd be so much better if you could find all these people who log in for 1 minute, see nothing going on and log off, to actually join up and play.

- Let us see active games in the lobby. This means some form of connection between the host and the server. Details about it like number of players, year and such, should also be displayed.

Less important/A lot of work required to push out:
- Separate lobby from game, so you can play a singleplayer game while searching for a multiplayer game.

- Multiplayer option to allow a vassal to control all the levies under his rule, including those of the vassal's vassals. I.e. Player 1 plays as Uesugi CL, he lets Nagao Kagenobu (Played by Player 2) control the levvies raised in his and his Kokujins' provinces. The point is to make it less boring to carry on playing when you've been defeated.

- Multiplayer specific balancing. Ninjas for instance, and I'll admit this is more or less just my opinion, can actually do more than just break down defenses. They happen to do some things a bit too well when told what to do by players. Just an example, there's more things that might need balancing, and most would be debateable.

Not important at all/Percieved to be super hard to implement by someone who knows very little:

- The ability to join an ongoing game. Would be truly awesome.

Naturally you'd have to allow some form of privacy settings and what-not.

The reasoning behind all this:
I don't know if it was intended or not, but Sengoku is more or less the only current grand strategy game I can think of that has such an amazing multiplayer potential. Others, while fun when they actually worked well in MP, simply haven't had it. This one is just exceptionally suited. We would love to see it developed, you're sitting on a potential goldmine here (Well maybe silver, I mean lets face it, grand strategy is a niche to begin with no matter how much we love it). The old school method may work for most people, but there's quite a few who don't even visit the multiplayer forum who would probably jump at the opportunity to try this, if it was more accessible.

You could easily pull people in and keep them hooked on the multiplayer aspect of Sengoku, with some very minor tweaks. Minor from my viewpoint at least, I've never designed or developed a multiplayer lobby (Or anything for that matter) so I wouldn't know, but you don't have to rediscover the wheel in the form of a Paradoxian Battle.net or something. Just some minor changes.

Few things are more exciting to me than the prospect of a truly deep grand strategy experience, be it in a game or otherwise, when combined with human allies/opponents. Sengoku could do that very well.
[/B].

Last edited:
It would be good, on your second note I really agree I know its simple but its works well like a game of Risk. All in a small area directly interacting with each other plotting fighting and it need not take weeks to complete. Whereas some other Paradox titles you are spread out over a larger map and may not interact as often and take alot longer to play out.

This for me is Sengoku's potentially best feature and if worked on could get a good audience going for this feature alone.

Ie just streamlining a few parts of the game would be great, like marriages I know they play an important part in diplomacy but from the point you have to manually ensure your subjects are all married with 4 wifes to ensure lots of kids gets in the way a little as months tick by. So maybe an auto marriage/kids feature could be useful, the same for buildings possibly as its easy to forget about building a castle if one finishes and you have uesugi all over you. Or an icon at the top which can display when your advisers are doing nothing maybe, as the messages can get a bit cluttered.

It would be good, on your second note I really agree I know its simple but its works well like a game of Risk. All in a small area directly interacting with each other plotting fighting and it need not take weeks to complete. Whereas some other Paradox titles you are spread out over a larger map and may not interact as often and take alot longer to play out.

This for me is Sengoku's potentially best feature and if worked on could get a good audience going for this feature alone.

Ie just streamlining a few parts of the game would be great, like marriages I know they play an important part in diplomacy but from the point you have to manually ensure your subjects are all married with 4 wifes to ensure lots of kids gets in the way a little as months tick by. So maybe an auto marriage/kids feature could be useful, the same for buildings possibly as its easy to forget about building a castle if one finishes and you have uesugi all over you. Or an icon at the top which can display when your advisers are doing nothing maybe, as the messages can get a bit cluttered.
On the other hand, good micro is a big part of this game, I'd argue it's good to keep it especially for multiplayer, it's another part of mastering it. I agree that things like marriage needs streamlining (Better interface, less clicks-to-action type of stuff), but not automation.

Anything where making a good choice has a positive outcome, that isn't an obvious interface problem, is good in my book. Like choosing a good wife for your son.

Last edited: