Advocatus Sancti Sepulcri
- Nov 24, 2000
Mowers said:As this is what your thread is really about let me give some attention to it
The end game would be much better with the following imo:
1) random end year dependant on first republican revolution in Europe
2) A character system that radically changes state position
3) Harsh relative Restrictions (compared to EU2) on player control of tech and industry to stall development and stop ahistoric and unrealstic abuse of the economic game engine (vicky was appalling for this, a soviet style central economy in the age of total economic freedom)
4) Diplomatic AI that switches opinion by ruler (as opposed to going to -200 and staying there for 200 years)
5) Have diplomatic AI do random unexpected actions 20% of the time.
6) Have more (random) interaction between AI states
7) Have the AI recognise "power blocks" in advance and act to deter them
8) Place emphasis on zones of influence rather than zones of direct control - limit direct control and make the gameplay about controlling zones of influence and thus you gameplay dynamics and tensions that create conflict as zones of influence ebb and wane between various states and internal aspects.
9) Generic events that drastically effect industrial and trade patterns to mimick the rise and fall of trading powers rather than just the rise.
10) Have an internal domestic vicky pop/ck character relationship that is as interesting year 200 as it was in year 1 and as engaging regardless of whether you are a large or small state
11) an unstable world economy that radically changes over time drastically effecting countries and players in the medium to long term.
12) A more indepth and developed revolution/ rebellion system that effects overly large states over time.
13) Remove control over what merchants actually do and give control over the flow of trade and how its taxed and how it interfaces with your neighbours leading to trade wars and conflict.
#1 great idea
#2 & 4 very good but may cause unrelistic results if based on real people. Have religious tolerances limited reflected in monarch stats (monarch who hates a religion cannot move slider more than X amount from the left hand side of the slider).
#5 & 6 not sure if this does not already happen in EU2
#7 very difficult to do - especially in conjunction with #2 & 4
#8 another great idea - not sure how it could be implemented
#9 very indirectly happens in EU2 - events giving +/- to trade research
#10 very hard to do in Victoria's 85 year span - even harder over 350 years
#12 wouldn't this screw Russia and maybe England? Otherwise good idea.
#13 very good idea