• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Besides, a guy can dream, can't he?

The games that introduced me to strategy gaming in the first place were the NES releases of the old Koei games (specifically the first versions of Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Nobunaga's Ambition). So I know it's a lot of nostalgia for me, but I'll pretty much buy any strategy game I can find in those historical settings.

Niche market? Definitely. But the people in that niche will tend to insta-buy this stuff. We just need to get more of us in the niche, so more companies will take notice.

Man, I love those old Koei games. That's one of the few reasons I still keep my PS2 around.

Man, I love those old Koei games. That's one of the few reasons I still keep my PS2 around.

Kessen was legendary. I just love it.

Nearly three months have passed and this thread is still the most active in the subforum (with no dev reply whatsoever)... not a good sign...

Nearly three months have passed and this thread is still the most active in the subforum (with no dev reply whatsoever)... not a good sign...

Never give up!

Never give up!

I doubt this game is going to make a come back. I got the game for free for per-ordering March of the Eagles. (I haven't played it yet.) But any ways. I think there's a reason they were giving it away.

I doubt this game is going to make a come back. I got the game for free for per-ordering March of the Eagles. (I haven't played it yet.) But any ways. I think there's a reason they were giving it away.

True, but then again, it is very similar to MotE if you think about it. Hopefully they will not share the same fate.

I just don't want it to die. Maybe a sequel. I don't know, Shogun 2 may have helped the situation.

Yep, to make the game better known (like MotE, it is a wargame). If it does get a expansion or sequel, it will have a bigger audience thanks to this.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
shouldn't it be, to be more thematic,
" *cicadas* "
?
:laugh:

One day, a dev will accidentally click on this forum. One day.

One day, a dev will accidentally click on this forum. One day.
well, at the very least Cpt. Gars has stated that they did want to make an expansion for Sengoku. On a business standpoint however, it's probably not a financially-safe/wise decision. I mean, we can obviously believe that they're taking in the number of registrations for the game into account (hell, I bought the game some time ago even though I've only played it for a few hours after its release on a friend's system simply to access the modding forums and show some support :laugh: ), and that's likely still a low enough figure to warrant enough resources spent on making one for this game (you have to remember Paradox has far less resources to burn at will :laugh: ).

well, at the very least Cpt. Gars has stated that they did want to make an expansion for Sengoku. On a business standpoint however, it's probably not a financially-safe/wise decision. I mean, we can obviously believe that they're taking in the number of registrations for the game into account (hell, I bought the game some time ago even though I've only played it for a few hours after its release on a friend's system simply to access the modding forums and show some support :laugh: ), and that's likely still a low enough figure to warrant enough resources spent on making one for this game (you have to remember Paradox has far less resources to burn at will :laugh: ).

We should fund it.

How a bout £1 each?

I will see your £1 and raise you a Twix bar. Devs hungry?

EDIT: Please, please do not ditch this game. Sengoku on CK2 would be amazeballs. Honest.

Well, other than Twix, what do devs actually need the money for?!

I would help fund it, we might be able to buy them a 12 pack.

I'm in. I could even go as far as offering beer.
Programming + twix bars = thirst.
Beer + thirsty programmers = new Sengoku content. Q.E.D.

See. Perfect.