• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Banat Republic! One of short lived states that were liberated from failed empires after Great War. Honestly I don't know much about this land so I will be reading your story with pleasure. It is nice to see also the State of Slovenians, Croats and Serbs on your map. Sadly this country was another one that couldn't resist apetites of it's neigbours.

...It is nice to see also the State of Slovenians, Croats and Serbs on your map. Sadly this country was another one that couldn't resist apetites of it's neigbours.

actually it formed later a union with serbia and this is how the kingdom of yugoslavia was born

nice AAR

@trekaddict: she is in a really difficult situation. I guess you know that if I start an AAR, I will play with the nation (HoI2 ofc).
@asalto, nicolai, mico: thanks.:cool:
@stefanmg: I don't have internet at home, so you'll probably have to wait till Monday. Ok?

Various Intelligence reports, 30th October​
letters_image.jpg

our agents with their reports looking like simple letters
-Look Josef what I just got! Some letters from old friends!
 -I thought we have better things to do, actually.
 -Ach, Josef don't be such a dummkopf, these are letters containing many very important informations! Here, read this please!​

„Dear Gregory,
I'm so happy we will can see us on the 3rd November! Me and my friends will go to the Belgrade market, we have brought our herd of pigs, which we are going to sell for 10,547 Denars (6211 is my part) or 98 pounds, but since the herd is big and we are only a couple some pigs tend to desert, so that the number of pigs in our herd has decreased seriously since we entered Serbia. (…) Hope you and your lady are feeling better now. With love from your friend,
Jovan”
-I'm sorry Georg, but this one must some of the few personal letters. Give me another one.
 -Nah, it is a very important intelligence report! Look: the person codenamed Jovan says that their army (2nd Serbian Army) will arrive in Belgrade on the 3rd November, the number of soldiers in the full Serbian army marching towards belgrade is 10, 547, they have 98 artillery pieces. However the most important information is that the Serbian army is deserting, they don't want to fight over a territory which they feel are not theirs, in other words, their morale is low. Now, if we would be playing HoI, this would mean that we have a chance against them. But with out trap, we have more than a chance.
 -Whatever. Give me please that other paper!
„Dear Sir,
My lord regrets that he is unable accept your very kind offer to meet him at Belgrade, since he and his beloved company can only go to the Fiume market, because our prize-winning franconian pigs are too valuable for that poor market in Belgrade. My lord suggest you not to be sad, but think positive and feel happy : there are plenty of other pigs, pigs that you, sir can afford.
Louis, Secretary of monsieur Marseille”
-Now, now, good old Lajos, I will never regret that I lent him some money when we were on the same University. – Georg smiled and I wondered about how times were changing. Five years ago I would've never hoped that I could finish university, but because the war was coming, we got our diplomas a bit easier than those who finished before us.
 -So here he says that the French army is heading for Fiume, so they can meet the Italians there and transport them back to their homeland. That means we won't have to fight with them! That's what I was hoping for. Lajos is even joking about the Serb Army, however I wouldn't be so sure that we are on par with them.
 -Exactly. Look, today's last report is this. It is uncoded, as Hungary is not able to censor and control the outgoing letters anymore.​
„Károlyi is organizing an open revolt against the King, we suppose there will be a revolution sooner than you would think. Let's hope for that, we must destroy this rotten house of Monarchist rabble.”

I'll definitely follow this. Half of my family is from Bačka (Batschka) and I was always interested in how life was before Communist threw out Danube Swabians and Hungarians. :) Could you send me the country files? I'd love to play as Batschka.
For you and those who want to play as this country:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/abig2e

Operation Lumberjack, 12th November, near the Danube at Keve
It all started as it was planned. Our spies supported the Serbians with fake informations about our army's strenght, morale, orgainsation and position. When they sent a cavalry squad for scouting reasons, we intercepted and bribed those poor idiots to not to say anything about what they saw. We kept 4 men of their squad as hostage to assure their silence. Following this the enemy started building a bridge with boats, as predicted, so that their artillery could cross this grand river, our only hope in defence. During the operation I was ordered to be in the HQ of our army where the officers were. Me and them became good friends, and often chatted about the War or other military themes.
Johann, tell me please the current situation, please.– Bartha, our Chief of Staff was in good mood. If he said please, he must have been feeling extremely happy.
Those idiots have camped down on the riverside. They don't suspect anything. I hope that they will soon start moving their artillery. I suggest you tell the commanders of our artillery to ready their men and guns. - this was Krumm, a younger officer who always had his helmet on.
Also Josef, please tell the „lumberjacks” that they should get their fat ass to the river to be ready. And don't forget that you've got to distribute those new „submachine guns” or whatever they're called from Germany to our Stosstruppen. – Bartha was very proud of his new „toys”: stosstruppen. These mostly were veterans of the Great War, armed with submachine guns (the German MP18).
Jawohl, herr General! - I was very nervous, but the other's, especially Georg's calmness reassured me.
In the early morning of the next day, Serbians started moving their artillery across the river. The swimming trees were set free. Then the order to shoot was given, so schwabian concentrated artillery fire was issued against the camp on the riverside. The chaos and panic I saw there was unbelievable. It was horrible, men were burnt alive, and our stosstruppen, cavalry and the not-militia infantry started their attack. The serbians routed, fled across the bridge and some tryed to swim across the river. The trees started to blow up some mines, and finally the whole bridge detonated (well not the bridge itself, but the mines under it.). This battle was over, and we captured around 4000 men, and 32 artillery pieces. With one effective blow we destroyed around 35% of the whole Serbian army. But what would we do next? I don't think this decision would be up to us. The entente must react now.

Last edited:
I am from the Swabian Region that is located in Germany proper, the land of pretzels, Mercedes Benz and Porsche, so I wish you luck!

International Political situation
url

Important entente leaders discussing the Banat Republic

. . By the end of the year, the conflicts (even if almost always diplomatic) across Europe reached a new peak, with many new or new-looking nations declared independence. However, peace was near for the major powers, because on the 11th day of the 11th month of the 1918th year guns fell silent on the Western front. But for us more important, that the Romanians turned against Hungary, which just declared independence from the Empire, and that Austria was now a republic. Poland and Finland were thirsty for freedom, too. The 'red' revolution in Hungary got to a point that by now we can call it a communist one. Graf Károlyi has barely any power now, and the communists like Kun Béla are in control of the country. Near to us, in Szeged and Arad, some anti-communists are planning a counter-revolution, led by the famous admiral, Horthy. For us, it’s not important who will win, because anarchy is our best friend. In Serbia the defeat of their army created great turmoil, and many demanded a separate peace with the Banat Republic. French and British newspapers commented the Battle of the Danube pass as "Victory of the balkano-swiss republic over the modern Serbian army" and declared Serbia to be a "great shame to our alliance". The American president, Woodrow Wilson pressed for peace negotiations between our two countries and Romania, who had great interest in annexing territories which were never populated by Romanians. Thus our Head of State, Jakob Bleyer and our PM, Otto Roth were ready to talk about the Republic's future. The French were of course by these actions of the Americans outraged and demanded that the Banat and Batschka were to be split between Romania and the forming Kingdom of Serbs, Croatians and Slovenes. Our prestige grew as important members of the Entente were discussing our issue. Anyway, the Romanians backed by the French redeployed 2 divisions from the Eastern Hungarian theatre to the mountainous area of the Souh Carpatians, to prevent the Transylvanian Saxons in joining our state, and to wait for an opportunity to overrun the Banat, reaching the Theiss (H: Tisza; R, SRB: Tisa). So we can easily say that the next year will be a difficult one for our state, nevertheless, we must have faith in our leaders, our ideals, and God.

Because of the small numbers of readers and my limited time I don't think I want to continue this AAR anymore. I will go on vacation from the 15th, but it's likely that I'll have internet there. What should I do? Is my AAR really that bad? Can someone tell me what my errors are? Note: I'm not a native english speaker, so please have mercy with me...

I like it, but I was simply off for most of the last week.

Because of the small numbers of readers and my limited time I don't think I want to continue this AAR anymore. I will go on vacation from the 15th, but it's likely that I'll have internet there. What should I do? Is my AAR really that bad? Can someone tell me what my errors are? Note: I'm not a native english speaker, so please have mercy with me...

Well, I like your AAR and I'm reading every update of yours so you can consider me as one of loyal readers. :cool:
Don't worry about small number of readers because this is current athmosphere in AARland. People are somehow bored of all Hoi2 AAR's as Hoi3 is comming. Also it is summer and many are on vacations.

Last edited:
Narrative AARs, especially those about rather obscure countries tend to take a while to get going.

Narrative AARs, especially those about rather obscure countries tend to take a while to get going.

I find AAR's about 'obscure and small' countries most interesting. I would love to see AAR about State of Slovenians, Croats and Serbs one day. Maybe I will do it myself once. :D

@Asalto: State of Slovenians, Croats and Serbs = Yugoslavia later on

Not exactly, State of SHS as it is called in native languages, was consisting only of territories of former Austro-Hungarian South Slavic people. Those were Slovenia, Croatia, Vojvodina and Bosnia. Sadly this state did not receive international guarantee of it's independence and it joined kingdom of Serbia after more than a month. Yugoslavia was firstly named Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenians and later Kingdom of Yugoslavia. State of SHS was republic while Kingdom of SHS was Yugoslavia as we know. Details, I know, but they are part of my nations history. :cool:

@trekaddict: Well I hope so.
@Asalto: State of Slovenians, Croats and Serbs = Yugoslavia later on
@Herbert West: what about our politicians nowadays, like the dear leader of our capital?

Egy sor politikus, egy sortűz

Untranslatable wordplay, literally: one row of politicans, one row of fire.

Please continue, you have at least a dozen of readers atm and that's really good for an AAR about an obscure country. I would have been posting here regularly, but I was on holiday last 10 days. Just keep up the good work, I am sure this AAR has a great future :)

Intelligence HQ

interrogation.jpg

. . It was a cold winter morning when I entered the „new" office of my friend, Georg. The former Intelligence HQ was located near the Bega, in the DUD Werke, but this was a way better one: the former prison of the "vár"(= fortress in Hungarian) of Temesvár (=fortress of Temes, german: Temeschwar). The prison was the best option of all, because here the brutal henchmen of the former Austrian Abwehr could torture and get information from the high-ranking prisoners. I wasn’t sure about why this was needed, we already had loads of info about the Serbian army and their intelligence service, but Georg assured me that this was important and a good thing to do for our beloved homeland. So he told me to follow him across the dark corridors and rooms, to visit one of the important „guests” of this „hotel”. Nor did Georg tell me the name of the prisoner/informant, neither the purpose of my visit at this prison. When I finally got to the questioning room he told me to question the informant about Serbian diplomatic moves concerning the annexation of former Bács-Bodrog county (Batschka), which joined our state a while ago, so when I entered I was completely astonished that it was no man, but a woman, a well-known woman!

- Good morning, Mrs Frantisek. I'm more than surprised to see you here in this friendly designed room. Ah, I almost forgot to introduce myself, my name is Josef. - I was really surprised to see Mrs Frantisek, the widow of the ceased Oberst Josip Frantisek, a Serbian nationalist, a traitor to the Monarchy, who managed to desert with around 3000 men and used guerilla warfare against K.u.K. troops. He was killed when fleeing on a boat to Italy, but his widow got over the Adria. She was around 40, but still in "good condition".
- I didn't do nothing! - she said and looked at me with her big Bambi-eyes.
- We know, but you may KNOW something, don't you? First: Why did you come back to Serbia?
- My brother brought me back since the war was over - or so they said. Apparently it isn't.
- Of course it is, it couldn't be more over! Our state, the Batschka-Banat Republic is no successor state of the K.u.K. Monarchy: it was at war with it, until it lasted. We're defending our homes against the invading forces, who didn't declare war upon us, creating diplomatic tensions between our two states, but this is not our fault. We're open for negotiations. So, you as a widow of a „Hero of Serbia”, are in contact of high-ranking government officials, plus you are personal friend of the French Military Attaché, aren't you?
- What do you want to know?
- What is the French reaction to an independent Batschka - Banat Republic? Does Britain and the USA back up Serbia's claim?
- This is the no. 1 theme in every Serbian officer club, and our ministers argue against or for it since the defeat of the 2nd Army. There are plenty of opinions on this. Which one do you want to hear?
- The one with the most supporters of course. - I was getting annoyed by her counter-question and attitude.
- The popular opinion about your fucked-up country is "Fuck you". Serbia won't agree to this shameless offer of "peace", even if those retards in London have great pleasure in toying around with another new country!

I slapped her in the face, this nationalist bitch was too much for me. This was a big mistake, as the last thing I remembered that she somehow got a very small knife out of her bluse and stabbed it in my shoulder. Soon she would be dead and almost me too because of the great loss of blood until some medics arrived. This interlude assured me that everything made here in this prison was absolutely just, and that only the end justifies the means.

Last edited: