• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gianlucad

Hello
90 Badges
Nov 9, 2008
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
draka.gif

Post here your ideas for events, or events that you have made.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of a few intro events for the majors at game start, detailing the military and political situation of the player's country, but also dictating some nation-specific modifiers when clicked. I'd rather have the national characteristics for Germany, the Draka, Britain, Japan, and France already "researched" at game start, but the Soviet, US, and possibly Australasian ones to be researched at the outset of hostility. This would reflect a gearing up for war, the US didn't reach optimal production of aircraft or tanks overnight, and the Soviets were kicked around badly before being able to really fight back effectively.

Aside from that, the Draka and US especially need flavor. The US could have some events dealing with their neighbors to the south, while the Draka have some buildup in central Asia and perhaps some run-up to Italy's partition.

I'm thinking of a few intro events for the majors at game start, detailing the military and political situation of the player's country, but also dictating some nation-specific modifiers when clicked. I'd rather have the national characteristics for Germany, the Draka, Britain, Japan, and France already "researched" at game start, but the Soviet, US, and possibly Australasian ones to be researched at the outset of hostility. This would reflect a gearing up for war, the US didn't reach optimal production of aircraft or tanks overnight, and the Soviets were kicked around badly before being able to really fight back effectively.

Aside from that, the Draka and US especially need flavor. The US could have some events dealing with their neighbors to the south, while the Draka have some buildup in central Asia and perhaps some run-up to Italy's partition.
That sounds like a good idea.

Good idea, perhaps that could be in the place of those unit improvement events? And when you click on the OK option, the effects take place.

I say focus on Draka player events first because that will be the main draw and there won't be Draka AI to play against for a while.

Hmm, apparently yes, although playing as Germany is very cool in this mod from my experience...

In my experience, no scenario we currently have up is really "worthy" of the Draka's potential. They could be fun, but Germany stays busy through the opening years of the game. Australasia will be fun in 42, and Japan will keep the US very busy.

The alternate potential for this scenario is vast as well, since Germany stands a realistic chance of beating the Draka with a human in control, and that case would result in a very different cold war, possibly with Germany controlling all of Africa's IC and resources.

What about having France bail on the Allies, join with Germany as part of Europe for Germany deal, and then use the idea from the Timeline about the Draka world of the refugees and shattered military units reforming to fight the Draka and have Spain and Portugal fully join the Axis to fight the Draka around this same time.