• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(34993)

First Lieutenant
Oct 5, 2004
www.denegnet.org
I have not found such thread so I start a new one. I am really sorry if it is a duplicate.

In EU2(and in HoI 2 too) domestic policies is changed once-per-some-time. What about a "reform style" policies, when you click on + or - and "reforms" are started. Really slider moves only after, for example, ten years. This is quite realistic and can make game more interesting.

Actually, there's a thread where the discussion was about the domestic policies sliders. It just had a weird name... :wacko:

Laws!

I don't want "domestic policy sliders" that can be changed only once every 10 years or once every years.

I want the ability to pass a law every year or so, which will have some positive and some negative effects, and will generally drive the country in the direction I want it to go.

• Prisoners from debtor's prison shipped off to the colonies? More colonists.
  • The Church is allowed to burn heretics? Less tolerance, more missionaries, etc.
  • Companies are allowed private charters in the New Worlds? More merchants, automatic trading posts, etc.
  • Policy is to require longbowmen from the freeholders? Better archers in my levies.

That was one thing from the original CK that I missed in the final version, the ability to implement actual individual laws rather tha abstract sliders.

In some (most?) cases, these could be done by events rather than by ruler fiat: "The burghers petition for more protections", "The nobles demand their ancient rights" and so forth.