• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Polak

Léonard devint ch'ti
3 Badges
Sep 24, 2001
  • For The Glory
  • March of the Eagles
  • 500k Club
Hi, i need a little help about the trigger "controlchange"

This trigger is :"true if province x has been controlled by the current controller for at least y years, m months and d days (not all time fields have to be filled, one is enough)."

Ok, so i used it in some events like this :
#Poles are dominating in Pommerania#
event = {
id = 161512068
trigger = {
owned = { province = 302 data = -1 }
controlchange = { province = 302 years = 30 }
}
random = no
country = POL
name = "La domination polonaise en Pommeranie"
desc = ""
style = 1

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1425 }
offset = 100
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1725 }

action = {
name = "La population polonaise sera dominante"
command = { type = provinceculture which = 302 value = polish }
command = { type = addcore_claim which = 302 }
command = { type = relation which = BRA value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = LAT value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = STT value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = PRU value = -100 }
command = { type = population which = 302 value = -3000 }
command = { type = provincetax which = 302 value = -2 }
command = { type = provincemanpower which = 302 value = -3 }
}
}
After 30 years of controling the province of Pomeranie, culture become "polish". In my opinion, the scriptseems correct.

But ingame : it's different. As you can see (sorry, in french), Poland controls pomerania since 1412. In 1425 (so, 13 years after), the event fires, whereas i expected that it fires in 1442.

Is it a bug or a mistake of my script :( ?

Upvote 0
I don't see the event in the history. Are you sure it was that event which caused the culture change?

HI,

Yes, it's the event. I made the screen capture too late, but I confirme you that the event occurs.
More of that, the population of pomerania was, before the event, upper 5000 inhabitants.

I use the latest patch ant i've got the impression tht this trigger is not in fonction or the game doesn't recognize it

For exemple, this other event for Venice :
Code:
# dominating in Dalmatia#
event = {
	id = 220514012
	trigger = {
		controlchange = { province = 365 years = 30 }
	}
	random = no
	country = VEN
	name = "La domination vénitienne en Dalmatie"
	desc = "maitre de ces territoires, les élites se convertirent rapidement à la culture venitienne"

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1400 }
	offset = 50
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1660 }

action = {
		name = "C'est bon"
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 365 value = venitienne }
		command = { type = treasury value = 50 } 
		command = { type = relation which = HUN value = -50 }
	}
}

In my tests, it fires every time in 1400, even if Venise not owned the province 365.

HI,

Yes, it's the event. I made the screen capture too late, but I confirme you that the event occurs.
More of that, the population of pomerania was, before the event, upper 5000 inhabitants.

I use the latest patch ant i've got the impression tht this trigger is not in fonction or the game doesn't recognize it

For exemple, this other event for Venice :

In my tests, it fires every time in 1400, even if Venise not owned the province 365.
That's easily explained - there's no "owned = { province = 365 data = -1 }" trigger. But yes, it does appear there is a problem with the controlchange trigger. I will investigate further.

Thanks a lot !

OK, found the problem. The controlchange trigger would work correctly, but it would modify the actual date to equal the difference between the original control change date and the current date. E.g. if the original date was 1/1/1419 and the current date is 1/1/1425, it would correctly fail - but after that the control changed date would be set to 0/0/0006. And clearly 1425 is a long time after the year 6, so the next invocation would succeed.

The ownerchange trigger had the same problem, and I suspect it is the cause for this old bug from Nein which I'd never solved.

Last edited:
OK, for myself, the original date is 7/1/1378, but the problem is the same.
Thanks for your research.

You've got a way to solve it ?

Yes, it will be in the next beta...

... whenever that is. :huh: