• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheodoraWwwwww

Recruit
22 Badges
Dec 2, 2020
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Magicka
  • King Arthur II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
Working on my new mod
I heard that the Blue channel of the normal map in HOI4 controls emissive otherwise shall be filled with black
And I tried, it seems to have any effect.
Is the emissive function disabled in HOI4?

Is there any other way to have one part of the model glow?
We wish to have the visor glow.
And This is the normal we made, didn't include the alpha channel since it is not important in this discussion

Attachments

• 20201202064105_1.jpg
    20201202064105_1.jpg
    706,2 KB · Views: 0
  • rgm79g_normal.png
    rgm79g_normal.png
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
The texture is just one component of an emissive, you also need to make sure your mesh is using a shader that supports emissive.
ie I think you have to use on of these: PdxMeshAdvanced, PdxMeshAdvancedAnim or PdxMeshAdvancedSnow

Looking at the data for those game shaders, seems like emissive is Normal.b. But this also factors in the day/night cycle. Did you test at night as well? (your screenshot would suggest not)

The texture is just one component of an emissive, you also need to make sure your mesh is using a shader that supports emissive.
ie I think you have to use on of these: PdxMeshAdvanced, PdxMeshAdvancedAnim or PdxMeshAdvancedSnow

Looking at the data for those game shaders, seems like emissive is Normal.b. But this also factors in the day/night cycle. Did you test at night as well? (your screenshot would suggest not)

Appreciated! We will look into it, this is so very helpful! Everyone in our team are new to HOI4 modding, and still trying to figure things out slowly.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!
It is now working
But is there any way to have it also glow in the day time?

Attachments

• 2020-12-04_165233.png
    2020-12-04_165233.png
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
But is there any way to have it also glow in the day time?
Maybe...? You'd need to edit the shader and include that as part of your mods files.

I made a very quick edit (super untested) that you're welcome to try out. Grab the attached file and unzip, you need to include it in your mod at the following location:
<mod_folder> \gfx\FX\pdxmesh.shader

Then change your models to use the PdxMeshAdvancedCustom shader (which is what I have added) and give it a test. If it doesn't work then edit that new file in a text editor and change the number on line 536 to experiment with diferent values (eg, try 0.0f, 1.0f, 10.0f ... etc).
1607119476935.png

Attachments

• pdxmesh.zip
    4,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Maybe...? You'd need to edit the shader and include that as part of your mods files.

I made a very quick edit (super untested) that you're welcome to try out. Grab the attached file and unzip, you need to include it in your mod at the following location:
<mod_folder> \gfx\FX\pdxmesh.shader

Then change your models to use the PdxMeshAdvancedCustom shader (which is what I have added) and give it a test. If it doesn't work then edit that new file in a text editor and change the number on line 536 to experiment with diferent values (eg, try 0.0f, 1.0f, 10.0f ... etc).
View attachment 659002

Thank you soo much for your help!! It works perfectly!!!! Really appreciate your help!
We add PdxMeshAdvancedCustomSkinned to pdxmesh.shader
and the value of vDayNightFactor was just right at 1.0f.

Attachments

• 2020-12-05_145208.png
    2020-12-05_145208.png
    892,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2020-12-05_145244.png
    2020-12-05_145244.png
    2,9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: