Does the AI Cheat with Nuke development? (USA)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Night_147

Second Lieutenant
13 Badges
Apr 19, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Iron Cross
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
I noticed that the US has larger reactor sizes than the Nuke tech the AI has researched in my games.
Thus the AI has the max reactor size before it finished researching all techs. And faster Nuke production then, too.
Is this due to events? Like the Manhattan Project event in the USA event file? Or something in the AI files?

But blueprints alone does not explain why the AI is able to construct reactors BEFORE having researched the techs.
I.e. having reactors build to size 9 when only having researched for size 7.

I've seen this in 36 grand campaign. It looks like the US is not constrained by the tech requirement for construction.

Before I switched to DH, HOI2 Armageddon sometimes would allow you to build reactor levels early but it was inconsistent.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've seen this in 36 grand campaign. It looks like the US is not constrained by the tech requirement for construction.

Before I switched to DH, HOI2 Armageddon sometimes would allow you to build reactor levels early but it was inconsistent.
I also recall that in HoI2 there was a way to build more reactors than the game normally would allow considering my tech level, at least as the USA. Once I managed to get eleven reactors built, which was total overkill however, as it gave me a new nuke every day -- decided to load a save after that I think.