Does Regimechange ever works?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

maxk94

Colonel
94 Badges
Nov 4, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Rome Gold
As russia with conservative autocracy I cant use the Regime Change Wargoal against Liberal-Industrial USA democracy...is there ever a time when you can use this?

Does anybody knows how exactly is this ideological opinion is calculated?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I poked around in defines and found a little bit on this in the NAI section.

Code:
    IDEOLOGICAL_OPINION_LAW_APPROVAL_THRESHOLD = 0.5        # If ruling IGs have at least this much approval/disapproval for a law on average, it affects ideological opinion

IDEOLOGICAL_OPINION_STRONG_STANCE_THRESHOLD = 1.5        # If ruling IGs have at least this much approval/disapproval for a law on average, IDEOLOGICAL_OPINION_STRONG_STANCE_EFFECT_MULT comes into effect

IDEOLOGICAL_OPINION_SAME_LAW_STANCE_EFFECT = 0.5        # Added to ideological opinion for each law both governments approve or disapprove of

IDEOLOGICAL_OPINION_DIFFERENT_LAW_STANCE_EFFECT = -1    # Added to ideological opinion for each law where one government approves and the other disapproves

IDEOLOGICAL_OPINION_STRONG_STANCE_EFFECT_MULT = 2        # If AI has a strong stance on a law, multiply its effects on ideological opinion by this

Basically, for every law your governments both approve of (based on the average of how the ruling IGs feel), you get a +0.5 opinion bonus, with a -1 penalty for each law your governments disagree on (i.e. one is approving of and one is not). This is doubled if the ruling IGs feel strongly about said laws. In order to use the Regime Change CB you need to get a total penalty of -5 or more. That being said, I'm not sure exactly what set of IGs you would need to get in your government to get to this number.

Reactions: