• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hawke64

Second Lieutenant
18 Badges
Nov 27, 2016
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II
The statement appeared as a dialogue option during several quests in BW DLC and I was unable to find the definitive answer. I guess, legality of gambling is left for the ruling Archon of a region to decide, because it wasn't mentioned in any dialogue with Tunon.

I'd guess the answer is no, because I got the dialogue option to tell Mell gambling is forbidden as a [bluff].

that's funny because as you say under the influence under one of the inks: every ruling you make automaticly retro-actively becomes law

so if you'd made that a litle bit more official then you've outlawed gambling

that's funny because as you say under the influence under one of the inks: every ruling you make automaticly retro-actively becomes law

so if you'd made that a litle bit more official then you've outlawed gambling
Yeah, that's the amusing thing about your work as a law enforcer: when the law, despite Tunon's claims, is so loosely defined, there's greater room for arbitrariness.
Actually I was somewhat surprised to find out there is a defined set of laws only in the second act: that lore strikes me as something you should be able to learn during character creation.

The thing is that Kyros leaves most of specifics to the ruling Archon of the region (so-called Archon's Privilege). Thus, if you take this quest after uniting the Tiers in Act III, anything you choose is the law as long as it doesn't directly contradict the Overlord's will. It also makes the starting case (The Ones Who Got Away) easier as the Spires and, by extension, the Oldwalls are your domain and Archon's Privilege allows you to let the settlement stand within restrictions of Kyros' laws.

I've read on another forum that gambling is not forbidden by itself, but it can cause all sorts of commotions so it remains somewhat unwanted.