Doctrine menus missing...where are they?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

a714generation

Recruit
18 Badges
Nov 25, 2021
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Just purchased and downloaded the game, but I've immediately run into a problem. I've googled and searched the forum for this issue but couldn't find anything so I figured I'd post here and someone can show me what I'm missing. When I go into the research menu, I don't see the Land, Naval, and Air doctrine tabs at all. This issue remains whether I run vanilla or the expansions I've purchased (all except for the latest one). Does anyone know what is going on?

Attachments

• doctrine hoi4.png
    doctrine hoi4.png
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Just purchased and downloaded the game, but I've immediately run into a problem. I've googled and searched the forum for this issue but couldn't find anything so I figured I'd post here and someone can show me what I'm missing. When I go into the research menu, I don't see the Land, Naval, and Air doctrine tabs at all. This issue remains whether I run vanilla or the expansions I've purchased (all except for the latest one). Does anyone know what is going on?

Doctrines have moved into the officer area now. You buy them with xp, not research.

• 1Like
Reactions:
As the comment above explained they are moved into the rightmost tab with the hat icon, the officer corps.

I guess it's just coincidence that you bought the game the very day after the most game-changing update came along lol.

Reactions:
As the comment above explained they are moved into the rightmost tab with the hat icon, the officer corps.

I guess it's just coincidence that you bought the game the very day after the most game-changing update came along lol.
I'd say the most game-changing was Waking The Tiger, where segmented frontlines were introduced.
Remember how the width of an army used to not auto-adjust, so frontlines would get lopsided? ... Yeah, I don't want to, either.