Do the Odrysian and Paeonian AI get earlier tribal reforms?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vonPig

Private
93 Badges
Mar 2, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Island Bound
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Rome Gold
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome
I fired a campaign as the Odrysians and after 10~ years I peered over my should towards Paeonia only to see them reformed into a monarchy while I'm crawling around 20% centralization. Furthermore their capital was at 30% civilization. Okay, I say, Paeonia must get some giga-boosts or events for being Macedon's client state, I'll try them next!
So I start a new campaign as the Paeonians and after 10 years, yup, the Odrysians are a Monarchy with a 30% civ capital.

I did a few more test runs and noticed the early reform happening as well to the Taulantian vassals as well in some of the Italic tribes.
Anyone else bothered by this?

Not just them - any AI gets an advantage over the human player here, even regardless of difficulty - the factor is being near an already "advanced AI" (=monarchy/republic)

Reactions:
Somewhat annoying that I can't preserve the original family (Odrysids etc) if I want to go the Monarchy route while the AI can. My blood is boiling every time I see Seuthes become the king of Odrysia while I'm forced to watch him die a lowly chief because he's dead due to old age by the time I meet the 50% civilization threshold.
Anyway, thanks for the response, clears up a lot.

I fired a campaign as the Odrysians and after 10~ years I peered over my should towards Paeonia only to see them reformed into a monarchy while I'm crawling around 20% centralization. Furthermore their capital was at 30% civilization. Okay, I say, Paeonia must get some giga-boosts or events for being Macedon's client state, I'll try them next!
So I start a new campaign as the Paeonians and after 10 years, yup, the Odrysians are a Monarchy with a 30% civ capital.

I did a few more test runs and noticed the early reform happening as well to the Taulantian vassals as well in some of the Italic tribes.
Anyone else bothered by this?
No, I am not bothered by this. The ai needs all the help it can get to civilize.

It should be noted that this process is not transitive. Paeonia cannot be used by the other AI tribes to also become monarchies.