Do the devs care about these posts and threads ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, and in a thread way back that I started about formable titles, I proposed North Sea Empire as an example, and the thread evolved into an argument about that particular example - and now with Northern Lord, North Sea Empire is formable by decision. Was there any relation? Can't say, but noise was made.

Reactions:
To be honest, coming from being a "fanboy" of another game, from another developer/editor, my first toughs where "whoaa, here there is a developer near its playerbase !".
So guess that grass is always nicer in your neighbour's garden.

That said,
I understand that it's overall too time consuming to answer every post, but if they are willing to make one more step, i would appreciate that in some of the big and recurring posts aka player mortality/alliances/bordergore/old witchs snatching youg heirs/playing as a vassal (hello vassal court) we had an answer from the dev team like "we understand and know it but did it like this because..." so we can say "oh, ok, i understand your arguments", and even perhaps "now I agree".

• 3Like
Reactions:
To be honest, coming from being a "fanboy" of another game, from another developer/editor, my first toughs where "whoaa, here there is a developer near its playerbase !".
So guess that grass is always nicer in your neighbour's garden.

That said,
I understand that it's overall too time consuming to answer every post, but if they are willing to make one more step, i would appreciate that in some of the big and recurring posts aka player mortality/alliances/bordergore/old witchs snatching youg heirs/playing as a vassal (hello vassal court) we had an answer from the dev team like "we understand and know it but did it like this because..." so we can say "oh, ok, i understand your arguments", and even perhaps "now I agree".
this happens. it's happened in this very thread i.e. a dev has come in and contributed.

but those big and recurring issues will always be big and recurring as new players pick up the game and come to the forum with the same gripes. dev participation is always welcome, but quite unnecessary. that's what the community team is for.

Reactions:
but those big and recurring issues will always be big and recurring as new players pick up the game and come to the forum with the same gripes. dev participation is always welcome, but quite unnecessary. that's what the community team is for.
Then, perhaps, an Idea would be that the community team make an easily accesible link to those exsiting answers to recurring questions, so that at least a new player who makes the effort to do a quick search *cough, internet, cough* can find them :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Then, perhaps, an Idea would be that the community team make an easily accesible link to those exsiting answers to recurring questions, so that at least a new player who makes the effort to do a quick search *cough, internet, cough* can find them :)
um, you know there's a search box right up there?

Reactions:
... we had an answer from the dev team like "we understand and know it but did it like this because..." so we can say "oh, ok, i understand your arguments", and even perhaps "now I agree".
Knowing how things generally go around here (and most places as well), the responses would instead be something along the lines of "you're wrong, I'm right, do it my way or you are not listening and should be fired and and and and and and...." We've seen enough of similar things happen here, even so far as having to lock a DD because people were so upset that it didn't give them the information they were most interested in and it came down to a lot of inflammatory posts against the devs. Definitely not a good time here.

You do make a good point about searching for old topics being difficult at times due to the vast number of posts and use of incorrect keywords can result in missing the relevant threads completely. Having a section in the Wiki that took the most popular (regardless if people like or dislike the topic, just that it's talked about a lot) topics and provide a summary of the topic and the more notable opinions on both sides of it as well as any dev response to it and including links to some of the specific threads could certainly be helpful. But that does require a significant amount of work to do and I don't know if anyone would want to take on that task.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Knowing how things generally go around here (and most places as well), the responses would instead be something along the lines of "you're wrong, I'm right, do it my way or you are not listening and should be fired and and and and and and...." We've seen enough of similar things happen here, even so far as having to lock a DD because people were so upset that it didn't give them the information they were most interested in and it came down to a lot of inflammatory posts against the devs. Definitely not a good time here.

You do make a good point about searching for old topics being difficult at times due to the vast number of posts and use of incorrect keywords can result in missing the relevant threads completely. Having a section in the Wiki that took the most popular (regardless if people like or dislike the topic, just that it's talked about a lot) topics and provide a summary of the topic and the more notable opinions on both sides of it as well as any dev response to it and including links to some of the specific threads could certainly be helpful. But that does require a significant amount of work to do and I don't know if anyone would want to take on that task.
i can just see all the 'why isn't my idea featured in the wiki?' threads already...

I don't know where to complain about Ck3. The game had a good release and the patches / DLCs are logically building on each other so far. There are things you want. But there is actually nothing that is completely annoying or that doesn't work. The developers also regularly answer questions.

The upcoming DLC is just a good step

Do you guys know if the devs even care about these posts and threads ?

And do you think that our arguments / opinions / suggestions will be taken into consideration and change the game ?

Or is it just to get some feedback and they'll end up doing what the market and the numbers tell them to do regardless of what we think or want ?
as former dev, community manager, support rep and gm ... no they dont
usualy just 1%-2% of the total players frequent the forums and even less post. the devs do not read at all, unless they are realy invested in their own game, which hardly happens. the community manager and support reps are actualy supposed to do it, but companies set limitations to it, they usualy read (not even in full, but random postings) in threads that are extremely popular (many many replies in the thread, and the post that got a ton of likes).
As of now I know only one company that does this, and I bet only because they are small and do not have the infrastructure for something else. I know hundreds of companies who act like the former and only one like the later.
Whenever a company tells you to use a message board for bug reports and suggestions, be cautious. Just check the bug and suggestion sub-forums and see whan it gets fixed/implemented... if.

Reactions:
But there is actually nothing that is completely annoying or that doesn't work.
You are entitled to your opinion, however as evidenced by the plethora of posts in the bugs forum and the suggestions forum there are many out there that do not share that opinion. Your making such statements without qualifying them as an opinion is also annoying and doesn't work well at convincing anyone with a differing opinion to change it.

Reactions:
You are entitled to your opinion, however as evidenced by the plethora of posts in the bugs forum and the suggestions forum there are many out there that do not share that opinion. Your making such statements without qualifying them as an opinion is also annoying and doesn't work well at convincing anyone with a differing opinion to change it.
I don't know what kind of expectations you have. In any case, the forum is not full of complaints that receive many likes. What kind of behavior is expected from the developer? They cannot technically read everything themselves and certainly cannot answer everything at all. So far I haven't seen a major scandal here in the sub-forum.

Of course it's my personal opinion. I don't have to write that separately. It is also not about convincing someone who is dissatisfied. It was just my feedback to the team that runs the game. And I'm annoyed with people who talk badly about everything. And now?

The bug forum is full of responses from developers.

Reactions:
Yes.

In 2013, I posted about Cadet branches (was for CK2 though): https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...asties-it-might-not-be-what-you-think.732831/

In 2018 I posted a recommendation of dynamic cultures (was for CK2 though): https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/suggestion-dynamic-cultures.1097541/

In April this year I posted it again: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/ck3-whats-next.1461672/page-14#post-27429518

The next DLC will have dynamic cultures. And as of CK3 we got cadet branches. They do listen :D (Though I'm sure I'm not the first to mention these).
I hope you're right.

Yeah, i know.
That's why I started by post with such sentences as "I understand it's too time consuming" or "if they are willing to".
But guess it's too time consuming for the internet folks (edit : white knights) to read correctly.

• 1Haha
Reactions: