• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Valhallas Call

Yankee Air Pirate
68 Badges
Jun 22, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka
  • Cities in Motion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
I have had 70+ submarines convoy raiding in the Atlantic for 3 months and they have not sunk a single ship. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

The design decision being?

Not you, I mean the AoD devs and the decision to include visibility or something to convoy raiding checks. Which is idiotic of course because no merchant ship had the speed to evade war vessels in this time(even submarines when surfaced) so even if the ships were sighted that could not save the convoy. Anyway the effect of that was that convoy raiding as a whole became useless.

However what is a bit sad is that you as CORE developpers still didn't address the issue(and it is known since the very first version of CORE for AoD).

What settings could change this? Please be aware that in 1939/early 40 submarines should be inefficient. 1941/42 is a different matter....

The best as Germany is to ignore the possibility of building submarines. Use the IC for useful things like armored divisions.

Blegh. After having 30 parallel runs going for 3 years after I researched the basic medium sub, haha oh well

Amallric said:
Not you, I mean the AoD devs and the decision to include visibility or something to convoy raiding checks. Which is idiotic of course because no merchant ship had the speed to evade war vessels in this time(even submarines when surfaced) so even if the ships were sighted that could not save the convoy. Anyway the effect of that was that convoy raiding as a whole became useless.

However what is a bit sad is that you as CORE developpers still didn't address the issue(and it is known since the very first version of CORE for AoD).

So the problem is present in vanilla AoD as well?

Last edited: