• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shyntar

Recruit
10 Badges
Nov 16, 2016
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
So I stalled a little while after starting the game last month and haven't been able to bring myself to play again.

I claimed the first spire, siding with the Vendrien Guard and told the chorus/disfavored to ESAD... but when I was making plans with the guard I made it very clear that they were simply following me etc and they weren't actually re-establishing their little city-state or whatever.

What I assumed could happen was my character making a third faction, still loyal to the empire, but a little more autonomous than the rest of it. Basically the army of misfits.

...Except every time I went to deal with another nearby matter and gather more followers it was all 'Join me in the fight against Kyros!'

Which is a fine story branch, but not what I wanted to do. I also don't want to just slaughter everybody.

Is there a way to save the guard and not betray the empire?

I'd say that 1. you can't rebel against Kyros (Myothis' letters point at that); 2. and suggest to break the alliance with the Vendrien Guard. From there most of fractions will consider you as an independent agent of justice.