Do I have time to finish this World Conquest?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

giovdb

General
63 Badges
Sep 2, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
I didn't start out planning to do a WC, but have been hustling in the last several decades. I just finished an Imperial Conquest (IC) against Kush. There's mostly Majors and a Great Power left. Carthage is my Client State. Annexation will finally finish in 5 years. Have been going for over 100. Should have probably just conquered them, but almost there. My stability sucks and war exhaustion is currently high, so would probably have to wait a bit for it to tick down. I don't think I have time. But wanted to see what people think.

2021_11_21_1.png
2021_11_21_2.png
2021_11_21_3.png

For AE and WE increase tyranny to max spamming invoke devotio. It will help on your stability and happiness, speeding up your WC.

PS: with high tyranny you want Senate full of traditionalists (I do not remember if Boni in Rome reward the same, just keep your Senate support high by favouring characters of the party with highest approval with your future strategy: war&tyranny)

Good luck!

Last edited:
For AE and WE increase tyranny to max spamming invoke devotio. It will help on your stability and happiness, speeding up your WC.

PS: with high tyranny you want Senate full of traditionalists (I do not remember if Boni in Rome reward the same, just keep your Senate support high by favouring characters of the party with highest approval with your future strategy: war&tyranny)

Good luck!
How early in a run do you crank up tyranny? Sounds dangerous lol.

And I have been hitting the button, but I usually don't let tyranny pass 15. In this case, I was just waiting for the debuff to wear off before hitting it again a few times.

But maxing Tyranny does sound intriguing.

I'll finish this run to at least get Mare Nostrum (once Carthage finishes annexing). I was too scared early in the run of going above 50 AE. That was a mistake. It's really not a big deal once your country is fairly stable. I also didn't buy the DLC for the wonders until I was almost done with this game. It would have been a game-changer if I had the province loyalty buff (and the other stuff) a century earlier.

How early in a run do you crank up tyranny?
You want tyranny maxed as long as you plan to expand. The -12 loyalty of characters impact for 100 tyranny can be offset easily by bribes and giving free-hands. Coupled with increased wages and corruption reduction national ideas and technologies, you have a nice -0.4 AE/month.

1637575093419.png

Wonders are OP, and all the modifiers due to inventions at the late game will allow you to keep your characters and POPs loyal almost all the time.

In fact, I see that you already have -1.48 AE reduction with techs/inventions. You are right, you could improve next run by expanding faster.

Probablly but it depends.

You only got 16 years left so you would be cutting it close. I am convinced you could do it in 25 years easily.

Do you have imperial challange cb? If not then straight no.

Do you have the tech to sacrifice temples for 10 stability? May not be strictly needed but with such a limited amount of time you can't waste resources on rebellions.

It would require war on many fronts at once, the first thing i notice is that you are at peace, thats a big nono if you want to turn this into a world conquest. Invade selucids or maurya or if you think you can win vs both then invade both at the same time (with imperial challange cb) as you attack all the minors you got claims on. Since you have a good amount of money buy all mercs you need and bribe any mercs you need to speed up your conquest.

Play on speed 2-3 with frequent pausing no speed 5 and having automated armies or anything here you gotta micromanage this if you wanna do it in 16 years.

Abuse fort assault and dont sit on every individual fort manpower is not an issue time is.

Reactions:
Probablly but it depends.

You only got 16 years left so you would be cutting it close. I am convinced you could do it in 25 years easily.

Do you have imperial challange cb? If not then straight no.

Do you have the tech to sacrifice temples for 10 stability? May not be strictly needed but with such a limited amount of time you can't waste resources on rebellions.

It would require war on many fronts at once, the first thing i notice is that you are at peace, thats a big nono if you want to turn this into a world conquest. Invade selucids or maurya or if you think you can win vs both then invade both at the same time (with imperial challange cb) as you attack all the minors you got claims on. Since you have a good amount of money buy all mercs you need and bribe any mercs you need to speed up your conquest.

Play on speed 2-3 with frequent pausing no speed 5 and having automated armies or anything here you gotta micromanage this if you wanna do it in 16 years.

Abuse fort assault and dont sit on every individual fort manpower is not an issue time is.
I had 4 wars going on all at once. As I mentioned in the post, I just finished an Imperial Conquest against Kush, an East African nation that had gotten really large. I actually had another IC going on at the same time in the Khazakstan region. I have not been using levies at all to keep war exhaustion down. It's all legions with the occasional merc. I split my legions into a lot of stacks to speed up ICs, so I don't quite have enough troops in each stack to keep assaulting. But that's perhaps something I need to revisit. Maybe I could have paired my legions stacks with mercs for assaulting (or one stack or levies). But I don't usually have to wait long for sieges. Usually just a couple of clicks.

I have pop-ups enabled for a lot of stuff. As soon as a territory is sieged, a pop-up appears, I pause and deal with it. No wasted time.

I do not have the invention to sack temples (temples or enemy holy sites?). That sounds amazing. Will need to look into that for my next run. Keeping Carthage as a client state was a mistake (without knowing about the wonder). I had to waste a TON of inventions to max out Diplomatic Reputation to finish annexing them in time. Even then, it wasn't enough, so I learned about the wonders and bought the DLC.

In other words, this run was far from optimized, and I think I still got pretty close. I agree with your assessment that 25 years would be enough. Heck, I was so tired when I wrote this post that I THOUGHT I had 26 years left, not 16. LOL.

• 1Like
Reactions: