• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

AnarchistMetalhead

Sergeant
11 Badges
Feb 10, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
i also posted this in response to a thread on steam with multiple suggestions,
https://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/discussions/0/1741104717717530078/?ctp=11
most of which sound like ways of making existing dlc more wothwhile, or just minor improvements on existing game aspects.
obvious exception being the water, which could be worth buying if all aspects get put together into one pack.

water industries like fishing, with a resource distribution similar to the other industries, and algae growing possibly as a good use for partially sewage infested waters, and an algae to crude oil industry building.
water leisure could be speedboating and water skiing, with the addition of sailing and kite surfing, their speeds depending on the local wind.
addition of facilities such as boat rental, small boat harbour, and sailing club, private buoy for cim owned keel boats, and ability for cims near the shore to add a slipway from their plot to shore to sail their own dinghies from home.
also a smaller venice style canal with boat "parking" on the sides would be great.
and for water based transport there should be cim owned motorboats used similar to cars, but docked at the nearest harbour, buoy or canal, similar with rental boats as quasi individual public transport.
addition of sail ferries, with wind adjusted speed would be great too, along with vehicle model picking depending on the line added to the main game for all public transport, without need for mods.
there would even be a way of extending match day functionality, by having sailing clubs organize regattas, and giving a happiness boost to cims in the same club as the winner, if a regional contest, or everyone in the city in case of an intercity contest.

if they could make the water and submerged ground as pretty as in anno 1800 without breaking its physics that would obviously be an amazing cherry on top, but not vital for its function.

Giveaway412

Sergeant
13 Badges
Sep 29, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings II
Some pretty good ideas here! I like the idea of water-based industry, and I've been a long advocate for functioning marinas and sailing clubs. I'm not sure about boat races, but something of that nature could be cool to have. All in all, if you tied this into beach mechanics and waterfront property, it could be a great DLC.

So, overall, I support.