DLC problem with Steam and no access to the forum thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Yelm

Recruit
8 Badges
Apr 21, 2015
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
Hello,

I saw a message on Steam to correct the problem of DLC, but I cannot find the right thread and if I click on any link related, as: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?697437-Majesty-2-Collection-on-steam-Login-failed-cannot-have-DLC-or-play-online&p=16461393&viewfull=1#post16461393
I receive "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Any solution? Any patch or correct link for the DLC problem? I would add for information that my game (Majesty Collection) is registered on the Paradox website.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hello,

This is still an issue 7 months on from this thread starting and almost 2 years from the original "fix link" being posted on Steam.

Why has this not been fixed in game by now?

Reactions:
Hey I also could use this fix, can the solution be copied and pasted into this thread? Since we are having issues accessing the fix post? I understand if it isn't as simple as all of that.

Reactions:
Please log a ticket at paradox.zendesk.com with all problem details, thanks.

Reactions:
I just purchased the Majesty 2 Collection, and I also have no access to the DLCs. I also can't access the thread that apparently tells me how to fix this problem that PARADOX should have fixed what seems to be years ago. I get that your company doesn't have a real reason to put a whole lot of effort into a 7 year old game that not many people buy anymore, but this is kind of ridiculous. I really don't mean to be rude, but the fact that I can't even access the fix for this game because the forum won't let me see it, despite the fact that the Majesty series is apparently on that list of forums that was posted above, is insane.

I really, really hope you don't just tell me to "log a ticket at paradox.zendesk.com", because that appears to be an exercise in futility. Can I PLEASE just get the one thread I need to fix this problem myself, before I just decide to get my money back for content that I apparently can't get access to?

Reactions:
Please log a ticket at paradox.zendesk.com with all problem details, thanks.
They are not responding or acknowledging anything. Please do something if you can with your moderator powers to alert someone at Paradox. We deserve to be able to access our DLC, considering we paid for it.

They are not responding or acknowledging anything.
The email associated with this forum account has never lodged a support ticket at paradox.zendesk,com . I answer all the Maj 2 issues there, I know there are none unanswered.

The email associated with this forum account has never lodged a support ticket at paradox.zendesk,com . I answer all the Maj 2 issues there, I know there are none unanswered.
I made that comment in light of all the other people who have been asking how to get the DLC working. If you google "majesty 2 DLC fix" or something similar, you'll get a LOT of results (especially from Steam) concerning the DLC. When you try to log on from within the game, it says you don't have an internet connection, and all of the DLCs you paid for are disabled.

Thief is a classic 3D game from 1998 that has no hope of running on today's machines. People have been able to patch it so that it has an entirely new engine that supports 1080p, supports OpenAL for its sound engine (which didnt even exist in 1998,) high definition textures, high definition models, and essentially makes the game run like it was a modern release. My point being is that Paradox' answer of "it is impossible" just doesn't sit with me. If unpaid modders can revolutionize a game like Thief, I believe Paradox can find a way to simply enable DLCs for Majesty 2. I just don't think they want to try. And I want them to.

Thanks for your reply.

I made that comment in light of all the other people who have been asking how to get the DLC working.
I have asked everyone to log a ticket at the Zendesk, and when they do they ARE responded to.

I have asked everyone to log a ticket at the Zendesk, and when they do they ARE responded to.
Okay, I'll do so. I know the answer I will get, though.

My goal is to shake Paradox by the shoulders and get them to action. Paradox has done fantastic things with games and their development, I know they can fix this problem if they put their mind to it.

To set your expectations correctly, I'm certain that will not happen I'm afraid. I will do what I can to remedy any loss you've suffered, but I'm sure we won't be making new hires for a game that's reached its end-of-life.

To set your expectations correctly, I'm certain that will not happen I'm afraid. I will do what I can to remedy any loss you've suffered, but I'm sure we won't be making new hires for a game that's reached its end-of-life.
I appreciate your honesty.

What would Paradox think if someone, somehow, found a way to enable all the DLCs through a third party fix? Is there someone I can ask that to?

It would not harm Paradox in any way, in fact it would be doing them something good - Majesty 2 Collection states on multiple digital distribution platforms (Steam, GOG, Gamersgate) that it comes with the DLC, and having no way to access what was advertised is misleading and dishonest. At least in this theoretical situation, the mess could be salvaged.

Greetings AndrewT.

I am one of the creators of the Cold Sunrise expansion for Majesty 2. I may be able to provide a clean workaround for people to have access to the dlc content in the collector's edition. If we can agree that the game cannot, and will not be fixed, and that Paradox Interactive does not object to the change, I will provide the fix on the closed forum.

Thanks

Seeing this progress is great. If you want any help with the email or contacting Paradox, Hapuga, let me know.

By the way, AndrewT, why can I not access that closed forum? Majesty 2 is registered to this account, I own the game.

So I dug into the issue yesterday to investigate the amount of work needed, and whether what I want to achieve is possible in the first place. My findings:

- Resource system is a glorious mess of encrypted zip files scattered across 5 or so archives. Each archive has a set of property files that define what units/upgrades should be loaded.
- DLC and expansion content is marked as such by the game in the system.
- The game seems to be able to load all archives, but fails to correctly recognize what content pack data to read from (derivative of the beautiful mess in resources).

I suppose that is one of the reasons people were complaining the fix was working partially for them (working ice mages, but no assassins). Afaik, now the fix does not work at all as the connection is no longer active.

So this is what we are going to do. We are going to fix it for good, but in a slightly more heavy-handed manner. The fix will work for everyone, and it will work offline. I will move assets around, decouple bogus dependencies in the files and make it all nice and structured. The downside is that you will have to download about ~300-500 megs of data.

On a bright side, not only will you be able to use all DLC content in game, you will be able to create maps with DLC content. It bugged me beyond imaginable that even if you have MC expansion, you could not use MC units in the editor.

I messed around a bit yesterday, and so far it looks like I will be able to achieve what I have planned. Here is proof of concept:
New_Bitmap_Image.jpg

I expect to have the fix working by the end of the week.

The absolutely best part in all of this is that this is legally safe. The fix will not work for you if you do not own the majesty collection. You will break your game if you try to apply this fix to, lets say, just vanilla Majesty 2.