• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam EU4 or Documents EU4 locations, before installing again."

ohhh i am so triggered, bcs i bought DLCs, a cant play with it anymore. I made everything what you had written in instruction and my game still didnt see new DLC.

Even i reinstalled a Steam (for find EU4 documents which i cant find ) and it didnt help. My deleted all folders in my documents (i havent any games expect EU4 and CS GO so it dont problem for me.)

I fight with it about 5 hours...

After installing it still not working. IT's !$!@%^#% !

Hello, i m hijacking this thread cause i have the same problem.

I launch EU4 and when creating a new game, DLCs are described as not owned....
Did you launch the game through steam and the launcher? Or did you launch it directly from eu4.exe? Launching the game directly sometimes makes it unable to contact steam and verify the ownership of DLCs.
If you launched it through the launcher, are the DLCs listed there and active?

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.

i launched it directly through the eu4.exe
my launcher can t launch the game for some reason
I ve been doing that for months but the problem only started now...
What problem do you have from the launcher? Does it give you any error message (if you get a red triangle, it should have a tooltip with a message)?
1.31 seems to have more problems verifying DLCs when started from the exe file than 1.30. I don't know if that happens because you never started it from the launcher or because there is a fundamental difference. But I'm pretty sure that your launcher problem can be solved and that will likely also fix your DLC problem

I hope your right
the error message from the red triangle is in french "le lancement du jeu a échoué"
a translation would be "launching the game has failed", a not so helpful error message :D

I hope your right
the error message from the red triangle is in french "le lancement du jeu a échoué"
a translation would be "launching the game has failed", a not so helpful error message :D
If you get this error while starting from eu4.exe works, that means that the problem is related to the launcher. Usually it is one of the following problems:
  • you configured the game to run as administrator, but the launcher doesn't run as administrator. In that case disable the option to run the game as administrator
  • you have an antivirus or ransomware protection software that prevents the launcher from writing its files. In that case you have to add the launcher(and eu4) to the exception list of your software
    • If you have Windows Defender(also called Microsoft Defender), add the launcher and eu4 to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list(here are instructions for that).
    • If you have bitdefender, add the launcher and eu4 to the list of ransomware exceptions and "give it access" to "protected files".
    • If you have avast, you have to add the launcher and eu4 to the allowed list in the ransomware shield
  • the launcher installation is broken. That can be can often be fixed by reinstalling the launcher:
    • On Windows, first use the windows uninstall function to uninstall "Paradox Launcher v2"(if it is there). And then delete the launcher directories:
      • C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
      • C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
      • C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
      • Documents/paradox interactive/.cpatch/
      • every directory in Documents/paradox interactive/ that starts with launcher-v2
    • In Linux delete the directories ~/.paradoxlauncher and "~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/" and the file "~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/launcherpath"
    • In macOS delete the directory "~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive"
    • Afterwards you can start the game from steam again to reinstall the launcher.