• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

timfrombriz

Second Lieutenant
24 Badges
Mar 29, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
Cities In Motion 2: Rush Hour adds new tools to your city to get your city moving better and adds new traffic management elements to the game, allowing you to manage bustling cities Rush Hour with complete control!

New Features include:

Better Road Tool - You can now build roads with greater control, allowing customized intersections, with or without traffic lights, mange the flow of specific lanes and override the default traffic light timings to give better control over your CIM's traffic flow.

Improved Traffic AI - No longer do vehicles merge into a single lane on a 5 lane highway when a onramp approaches, this as well as many other bottlenecks in the traffic algorithm have been improved.

Pedestrian bridges - You can now build narrow pedestrian bridges with the option of stairs, that connect to raised station platforms, and have the ability to remove the the 'teleporter' buildings to force CIM's to use these facilities.

Zebra Crossings - You can now add zebra crossings, with traffic lights if desired to roadways, and also have the ability to remove default zebra crossings at intersections.

Roundabouts - Now place roundabouts in your road network with the roundabout tool, with the ability to customize the number of junctions, road type, and modify its placement rotation and size with the new roundabout tool.

Indented Bus Bays - This new stop automatically creates an indented bay in the road allowing traffic to pass around when a bus enters the stop.

Better Bus Lanes - Bus lanes that approach intersections with a right turn now have the ability to be marked exclusive, preventing your CIM's from using the lanes for right turns and allowing buses to continue in the lane for forward movements.

Better Schedueling - You can now save over the 'Default' schedule, and add the ability for schedules to run non-stop if there are no pick ups or drop offs at it's stops with the new 'Express' option.

Airport Landmark - Now you have one of two airports in your city, a small airport for smaller aircraft and a larger international airport for larger aircraft. Both generate tourist traffic and require careful planning as they demand a lot of traffic.

Outside connections - You can now connect highways and roads to the edge of the map, which spawn heavy vehicles for your industry and the occasional tourist coming to visit your great city or escaping it.

Railroad Landmark Tool - A new feature in the map editor allows you define outside rail connections which can use dedicated and existing railway infrastructure, so you can now schedule daily long distance services which your CIM's use.

Unfortunately, this is just a wishlist, but please vote.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unfortunately, this is just a wish list, but please vote.

I was about to say isn't this just a wish list of everything that is wrong with cim2 :') I got my hopes up when i started reading Thought they were going to do this. CO/PI I would happily pay £10-20 for this DLC if everything there was included.

I was about to say isn't this just a wish list of everything that is wrong with cim2 :') I got my hopes up when i started reading Thought they were going to do this. CO/PI I would happily pay £10-20 for this DLC if everything there was included.
In your dreams! :eek:hmy:

Pedestrian bridges +1
Zebra Crossings +1

The road tool is quite interesting, I have the wish since the beginning to self change the lanes (Just like build tram tracks, its easy to use). Also it would be the killer, If we get roads that don't automatically generate an intersection. So you can build your city much more realistic.

Better Bus Lanes - It would be awesome to get a priority circuit for our vehicles, so a bus can turn left for example from the right lane just befort the others. In that case, the modularisation of the traffic lights in timing and so on would be awesome, too.

All great ideas, and a good summary of what players have been asking for a long time. For me, the most appealing are the proposed airport, railways, railway stations, and outside links by road and rail.

I would add stub terminuses for trams, metros and railways, which would also enable bidirectional movements on rail lines of all kinds. This would also introduce signaling systems for rail-based traffic, in order to avoid collisions.

Whether developers want to implement any of this remains to be seen, even though some of us would be prepared to pay handsomely for some of these features.

timfrombriz:

I hate you !! :D
Well, I really love your wishlist. It will be game of my dreams. I love traffic managing.
I would pay for such features !!!!

Last edited:
I can tolerate not having everything else on your wishlist except Improved Traffic AI. However, CO/PI will never do this. They are too busy making crappy overpriced DLC than creating a patch or DLC that would fix the game. Prove me wrong CO!

OMG!!!! For a minute there, I thought this was a REAL DLC that's here!! I would say majority of the features are EXACTLY what I have been looking for in the game. I was so glad that CO finally found them until I read to the end and realized it was just a wish list. Timfrombriz, you dog you!!! ;)

If I would to vote, I would vote for the following:

Improved Traffic AI - No longer do vehicles merge into a single lane on a 5 lane highway when a onramp approaches, this as well as many other bottlenecks in the traffic algorithm have been improved.

Pedestrian bridges - You can now build narrow pedestrian bridges with the option of stairs (and escalators), that connect to raised station platforms, and have the ability to remove the the 'teleporter' buildings to force CIM's to use these facilities.

Roundabouts - Now place roundabouts in your road network with the roundabout tool, with the ability to customize the number of junctions, road type, and modify its placement rotation and size with the new roundabout tool.

Indented Bus Bays - This new stop automatically creates an indented bay in the road allowing traffic to pass around when a bus enters the stop. *A Must*

Better Bus Lanes - Bus lanes that approach intersections with a right turn now have the ability to be marked exclusive, preventing your CIM's from using the lanes for right turns and allowing buses to continue in the lane for forward movements. *A Must*

Better Schedueling - You can now save over the 'Default' schedule, and add the ability for schedules to run non-stop if there are no pick ups or drop offs at it's stops with the new 'Express' option. *A Must*

I will also add:

Better Pathfinding AI - Where cims would be willing to take the next closest transit type/vehicle that would allow him/her to reach his/her destination the fastest instead of walking. Also, cims' choice of transit paths would not be affected by stop catchment.

No unnecessary depots - Allowing trolleys/trams to be able to turn around on its own via loop-around tracks at the end of the track instead of having to go through a depot.

OMG!!! If CO can REALLY implement ALL of these plus fixing all the current bugs, the game would be PERFECT!! It would be THE Ultimate Game of Simulation!! I would DEFINITELY pay for this supreme DLC for sure!!! (Btw, finally bought Simcity since they FINALLY put in the single-player mode and played it and its "agent-based" simulation was a JOKE!!! No comparison to the in-depth REAL agent-based simulation in CIM!! Not even close!!!)

Geeeez!

Half way thru the OP post all I could think was when I get home I'm buying that and I don't normally buy DLC unless it comes in a big ole and way marked down bundle.

Then I got to the end. Not nice to toy with an old man with a bad heart OP. Nope! Not nice at all. ;)

Cities In Motion 2: Rush Hour adds new tools to your city to get your city moving better and adds new traffic management elements to the game, allowing you to manage bustling cities Rush Hour with complete control!

New Features include:

Better Road Tool - You can now build roads with greater control, allowing customized intersections, with or without traffic lights, mange the flow of specific lanes and override the default traffic light timings to give better control over your CIM's traffic flow.

Pedestrian bridges - You can now build narrow pedestrian bridges with the option of stairs, that connect to raised station platforms, and have the ability to remove the the 'teleporter' buildings to force CIM's to use these facilities.

Zebra Crossings - You can now add zebra crossings, with traffic lights if desired to roadways, and also have the ability to remove default zebra crossings at intersections.

Indented Bus Bays - This new stop automatically creates an indented bay in the road allowing traffic to pass around when a bus enters the stop.

Better Bus Lanes - Bus lanes that approach intersections with a right turn now have the ability to be marked exclusive, preventing your CIM's from using the lanes for right turns and allowing buses to continue in the lane for forward movements.

Better Schedueling - You can now save over the 'Default' schedule, and add the ability for schedules to run non-stop if there are no pick ups or drop offs at it's stops with the new 'Express' option.

Airport Landmark - Now you have one of two airports in your city, a small airport for smaller aircraft and a larger international airport for larger aircraft. Both generate tourist traffic and require careful planning as they demand a lot of traffic.

Outside connections - You can now connect highways and roads to the edge of the map, which spawn heavy vehicles for your industry and the occasional tourist coming to visit your great city or escaping it.

Railroad Landmark Tool - A new feature in the map editor allows you define outside rail connections which can use dedicated and existing railway infrastructure, so you can now schedule daily long distance services which your CIM's use.

Unfortunately, this is just a wishlist, but please vote.

Top choices !

I was so dissapointed when I realised that this DLC was just a spoof.

Why can't CO do a really useful DLC like this one rather than all the silly vehicle packs they keep releasing. What good are nice looking vehicles if they can't get anywhere due to the rubbish transport infrastructure.

Even though half this stuff should already be a free update as part of the base game, at this point I'll pay another $10-$20 if means making CiM2 the perfect public transport/highway/traffic engineering simulator. CiM2 is so close yet so far.

Same here. I'm surprised that I can't already do some of the things listed in the spoof DLC, but I'd gladly pay a bit extra to be able to do so. Such a DLC would be far more useful and valuable than all the vehicle packs they keep producing that don;t really do anything except make the game prettier.

They don't keep producing vehicle DLCs. I think the last one was July last year? There are 0 updates to the game these days. I think it's better to give up like the majority of the community and the developer have done. I still play the game and have been tinkering with the game files but I don't know enough about it to edit anything other than textures and sounds.