• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

P-51

Major
47 Badges
Jan 3, 2010
www.youtube.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Semper Fi
  • March of the Eagles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Magicka
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Prison Architect
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Sengoku
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
After reading the letters at the beginning of the division tutorial I am left with the idea that there will be a list a commands that I will be available in the bottom right part of the screen when I click on the flag of a brigade commander. When I click on any of my brigade commanders I see no commands. Is there supposed to be or did I read something wrong? It seems kind of silly to just be a Major General and be forced to watch your brigades do all of the work.

Silly but historical? ;)

I don't know, sadly, but hope someone else who has played the game might post. (Else I notice youtube does have a number of gamplay videos for 2nd Manassas - but I don't have the time to watch them myself)

I did notice that there is "historical play" and "open play" - and presumably historical means less control for you as a player. (Seeing as how the "courier" command to send orders is only available in open play)

Yes but it sounds like as division commander I should at least have the ability to send a courier to give orders to each individual brigade commander and I cannot figure out how to do this. I think that would be considered historical.

I agree that it feels as if giving commands to your underlings should be possible even in historical scenarios - yet the support page at Mad Minute Games make it sound as if it isn't

http://www.madminutegames.com/support.htm#Q5
C = Send Courier Message (Open Play only)

It might be that the historical scenario is supposed to be a re-enactment, allowing you to change only minute (madly minute?) details and see if that'd make a difference?

-

Ok, I poked around a bit more at the MMG site and found that their forums seems to be still active, and a relevant thread about the tutorial and not being able to move more than one unit:
http://www.madminutegames.com/MadMinuteBB/viewtopic.php?t=10484

"Use the original EXE and the problem should be gone" - does that advice help?

No, I just discovered something very confusing though. When I press the "go to me" button while playing the division tutorial it send me to the 12th Georgia and that regiment is the only unit on the field that I can command. Perhaps the tutorial is just messed up and hopefully it will work normal in the actual game. I haven't played a scenario as a division commander yet.

Edit: Actually I remember installing a patch and I forgot to do that again now that I am playing the game on a different computer. I shall do that and get back to this if the problem continues.

You are supposed to be able to command your brigade commanders. There are movement orders for them and brigade formations - like "Brigade form line in front of commander".
Are you sure you choose your subordinates? If you cannot command them, it`s definitely a bug.

Probably the patch is for a disk version then. :(

And since Norbsoft has apparently retaken all rights to their game, I'm afraid that any help finding (refinding) patches should be taken there.

Here is a thread that mentions this (the second post also has a couple of patch links that you could try, though) http://www.madminutegames.com/MadMinuteBB/viewtopic.php?t=12961