• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You need a magistrate to build anything? I hope you have increased the number of them you get and can store, otherwise that is seriously going to hurt a colonial empire that wants to build 2 new lvl 1 forts a year :) The new world might actually remain an easy place to conquer at this rate!
My guess is that this is the intention.

Hi

I have couple of questions

can modders add more buildings , the interface will be more flexible that it was in HTTT?
For example in HTTT you can only have three rows for buldings ( in interface ) and one row for manufactures so you can not really add much more buildings because there was no space for them

another question , You can use any trigger that allow building to be built , for example tax or manpower in province ( for example custom house that can be build if province has tax 4 or more , or if it is overseas or not , or if for example have some country decision or Idea or even advisor ) ?
Thanks for reply

From the second screen it looks like the different colours below the building icons shows the following:
Green: Already built
Red: Not built yet
Grey: Not available at this time
Black - with a hammer depiction on the icon: Building in progress.

May I suggest to alter the latter so that it has a yellow colour and gradually moves from left to right as the building is getting built? That way you can see at a glance the progress of the construction :)

It is a progress bar, we're at day zero though, so no progress has been made yet.

Level 5 and 6 forts are also a tad bit better than before.. each of them add 100% defensiveness.

Stop notifying me I can build forts and manufactories when I just want Marketplaces!

To Besuchov or Birken (or Johan):

Can you please replace the "Saw & Hammer" icon on the centre-top of the screen whenever a province is now able to start building something? I don't need to see it disappear only when I don't have money to build anything, I need it partitioned by types.
If you implement an icon indicating that I can now build Trade buildings separate from Forts, I know that I can ignore whatever I want to ignore, because I know I'll be able to build what I want (for example, Trading buildings first).

With the current system, I keep having to MouseOver the buildings icon to know what's available to build, but I don't need to know I can build Manufacturies on 30 provinces. But if 7 provinces just finished building something and new icons appear indicating what types of buildings they can build, I'll go and set them to build Marketplaces.

I hope this is still on time to be implemented. Thank you.

Hi

I have couple of questions

can modders add more buildings , the interface will be more flexible that it was in HTTT?
For example in HTTT you can only have three rows for buldings ( in interface ) and one row for manufactures so you can not really add much more buildings because there was no space for them

another question , You can use any trigger that allow building to be built , for example tax or manpower in province ( for example custom house that can be build if province has tax 4 or more , or if it is overseas or not , or if for example have some country decision or Idea or even advisor ) ?
Thanks for reply

It's a standard province trigger. You can check if the owner has advisors and stuff.
The six groups are placed in a list, so it's easy to add more, one per country has problems similar to the old system.

To Besuchov or Birken (or Johan):

Can you please replace the "Saw & Hammer" icon on the centre-top of the screen whenever a province is now able to start building something? I don't need to see it disappear only when I don't have money to build anything, I need it partitioned by types.
If you implement an icon indicating that I can now build Trade buildings separate from Forts, I know that I can ignore whatever I want to ignore, because I know I'll be able to build what I want (for example, Trading buildings first).

With the current system, I keep having to MouseOver the buildings icon to know what's available to build, but I don't need to know I can build Manufacturies on 30 provinces. But if 7 provinces just finished building something and new icons appear indicating what types of buildings they can build, I'll go and set them to build Marketplaces.

I hope this is still on time to be implemented. Thank you.

+1

Or maybe make a feature such that you can, using checkboxes or so, indicate about which buildings you want to be notified.

Will constantinople start with a level 5 or 6 fort?

That would be unrealistic... Better to give it a smaller fort, but maybe increase the defensiveness (using a decision in place eg) of the province or so.

Very interesting idea! No more spamming marketplaces and workhops in every province.

This will need a lot of rebalancing though - where do you spend your money now, when you don't have enough magistrats?

Oh this is beautiful (and the map as well :D).

Getting rid of the least needed feature and taking care of some of the most annoying things at the same time. This Diary so far had the best selling arguments of the game so far. ^^

Very interesting idea! No more spamming marketplaces and workhops in every province.

This will need a lot of rebalancing though - where do you spend your money now, when you don't have enough magistrats?

maybe espionage? A really unused feature at the moment which has the potential to be really important

maybe espionage? A really unused feature at the moment which has the potential to be really important

Oh that would be cool. I usually never use espionage when i'm in a "normal" position (i.e. when i'm not byzantium or another nation in a strange position).

You need a magistrate to build anything? I hope you have increased the number of them you get and can store, otherwise that is seriously going to hurt a colonial empire that wants to build 2 new lvl 1 forts a year :) The new world might actually remain an easy place to conquer at this rate!

Nestorius did you get the beta patch? that cut the gain from roads and post offices down to 1/10 of what it originally was...

Not too much playing Vicky 2 atm, will give it more of a go.

I like that picture of France. :) The new map looks good.

The concepts here sound good too. One concern I have is with the increased size of the province display. I find the size of the one we have now frustrating even at the higher resolutions (at which point the font size becomes uncomfortable). This one looks even larger. . .

If they don't increase the number of Magistrates you can hold it's going to be whack-a-rebel again with the increased penalties the provinces get whenever rebels control them. Religious revolts on the colonies and the East are going to explode and become a true nightmare.

I love this cleanup. :)

Also I hope that magistrates will actually be a scarce ressource. Countries struggled with controlling large land masses throughout this periode, and small one-province city states managed to be competitive with larger states for around the first half of the game. I really like the idea of smaller states able to upgrade more easily, as it will help them remain viable a bit longer.

Perhaps the number of magistrates should increase with decentralization? While counter-intuitive at first decentralized government was actually one of the only ways to govern big tracts of land for the first half of the timeframe. Slowly the need to be decentralized could be replaced by a tech bonus to magistrates allowing centralization without losing the ability to improve the provinces.