• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If they make factions for European countries, they can determine if a country can go to a Republic or to a monarchy by having a Monarchist faction, a Merchant faction, and a Church faction. The monarchist faction could represent how much power you as a king/queen can exert over your people and it increases along with your prestige and legitimacy. The merchant faction can help you with trade chances and help bail you out in bankruptcy or loans, and also making mercenaries cheaper by helping subsidize. The church faction can show how close the country is to the Papacy and with high influence you could be able to ask for a crusade or excommunication. During the reformation, a Protestant and Calvinist faction could appear to make things interesting in Europe. In the 1700's you could get a Bourgeoisie faction.

There is alot of flexibility in the faction system, but currently its only used by China.

Hi guys, I don't want to be a pain because I really appreciate the developer's work and it's nice to see how you're looking forward to it but will this expansion bring some improvements to game-play in general? Or can the very small minority of us who isn't so much interested in what's going on in the far east stick to HTTT?

It's possibly a bit early to say for sure, but i think that the expansion will be wort having, with modifications to the map... and what will be presented in the next 10 or so dev dairies (guesstimate number) ;)

When you say "currently" in "Currently it is only used by China", does that mean that modders could have multiple countries using it?

Yeah, should be possible. Currently all faction-lists are country-specific.

Code:
faction = temples
faction = enuchs
faction = bureaucrats

enuchs = 10

Un-emu'd, because I hated the wording of my post and couldn't think of the right way to reword it.

But yeah, put me down to wondering the same thing - can we have multiple countries with factions?

EDIT : Johan'd.

Thanks for the answer, it's great news!

Yeah, should be possible. Currently all faction-lists are country-specific.

Code:
faction = temples
faction = enuchs
faction = bureaucrats

enuchs = 10

I love you guys !

Curiosity question : what does enuchs=10 entry mean ? :p

Call me dope but I still appreciate in the screenie two types of borders ala Vicky II regions/provinces. Just take a look at the eastern and northern borders of Jinan province and compare with the rest of the Chinese provinces.

This sounds an awful lot like Magna Mundi factions.

I like the idea of limiting diplomatic options based on the predominant faction and I also agree that the faction system should be expanded to accomidate all countries.

Is it possible for factions to "come and go" as circumstances change?

I think its their influence.

Wonderful, thanks.

New curiosity question : will there be a faction file (like for rebels and such) with factions within nation entries ? or will it be stored in one of the two (common and history) country files ?
And while i'm at it, i guess two nations will have the possibility of having the same factions (if noted for each country) ? I also guess that by "playing" with the faction influence, we can virtually eliminate a faction, and/or restore it later ?