• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well at least now the market wont be full of only worthless advisors as the ai can only pick one of each type.

Personally I love every change that makes mad conquering sprees impossible. Gj paradox!

edit: possible changed to impossible as i meant that :p

Last edited:
Seems to me this expansion dev team is quite a practical lot. Little mucking about with fancy dreamy ideas, instead an abundance of directly useful and visible changes. Overall, part of the changes might seem obvious and not as wildly appealing as say, extra playtime in the Middle Ages or in the Napoleontic era, but they're improvements anyway and I think it's exactly what a mature game like EU3 needs most. Good job guys, really looking forward to DW!

I actually like the new rule on advisers. Shame no balancing followed nerfing minters and buffing other types of advisers so we dont' just use a fraction of who's available.

Much-needed changes, thank you! I find it curious how many people get angry when you take away their gamey exploits. :rolleyes:

Actually that leads to a question have advisers been changed? or does the Production tech adviser still give a fixed bonus to production making him pretty useless for large rich empires?

Useless? He remains the most cost-efficient way of increasing that tech line until you become absurdly rich.

Hiring cost for lv.5 advisor = 15d
Maint. cost for lv.5 advisor = .5d

Prod. Tech Advisor = +15d/mo into production
15/.5 = 30x return on your monthly investment, and he's all but paid for himself in one month

Alderman = +5% prod. efficiency
To make this worth 15d/mo we have to have a production value of .05x = 15 or 15/.05 = 300d/mo

That goes for any of the +1/2/3/4/5/6% efficiency advisers. I don't find 300d absolute income potential per month all that hard to come by in a medium-large mid-game nation, but all in one category is something else entirely. Those +tech advisers remain quite efficient for much of the game. :)

That's not to say advisers don't need tweaking, but that'll be taken care of when MMU2 is released. :D

t'd also make Byzantines so much more fun allowing for Greek Syria, Persia and Egypt in the long run.

Did they ever say whether or not the Mamluks were still a horde?

It's sort of funny seeing you go against gamey things, then lining up some tiny % thingies. :D

[Edit : I'm talking to Aulus, of course.]

Last edited:
Dividing my conquests over two wars doesn't make the infamy any less. ¬_¬ Guess I will have to start watching my province grabbing a bit more.

No, but it makes you have to wait a bit longer before you're able to afford taking more land.

So, is it hard coded? I guess so, right?

I think so.

How come in the screenshot, your envoys are capped at five?

Probably because it's from their office MP game, which was started before the expansion was finished.

No, the cap limit was reduced back to five again. To be able to save up nine ones and then be able to spam just didn't work very well.