• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jamesmelt1

First Lieutenant
80 Badges
Nov 29, 2014
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Impire
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • War of the Vikings
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Divine Vengeance:

Part One: Heathen Invasions

PREFACE

The Monastic Order of St. Augustine dedicated for over 2 centuries to recording history of the Christian world in order to further advance the word of Jesus Christ and His Holiness, Pope Peter III have sanctioned after nearly 50 years of secrecy, the release of following histories of the world. First recorded in 821 Anno Domini, most of these records may be subject to different editing and errors, being nearly half a millennium old. The records of the era of the Great Heathen Invasions follows, documented through the eyes of men and women of the world at the time of the beginning of this compendium to the end of it.

The Synod of Sergius III, The Wicked Pope.

clip_image002.jpg

20180623133733_1.jpg

Commonly, record keeping was sparse before the foundation of the Order by proclamation of St. Peter The Brilliant, however in rare times tapestries and drawings may be found. The history of the near collapse of Christendom and no doubt civilization begins with the unholiest of abominations; a Pope so corrupt and wicked that his actions led to a synod of his cadaver. He was found guilty of crimes and sins so carnal and malicious that most of them were not even recorded, or said recordings were burnt. He was tried a year after his death- believed to be a seizure of the heart, during a particularly raunchy orgy- On Christmas Day, 823.

The Church and people of faith hoped that by cleansing the faith and church of this wicked man and stripping him of his vestments, garments and his rites to the Kingdom of God that the Lord may forgive those trespasses. It was not so…
20180624003300_1.jpg

Word spread of the weakening of the church to the corners of the world, and the fractured factions of the once strong and faithful were now seen as fruit ripe for the picking…

[[I hope this doesn’t offend anyone and goes over well. I’ve been bleeding to do an AAR and my Vic 2 is on hiatus, so I’m starting one. I got this event, then a few decades later I got the Mongol event right after getting another important event. I won’t name which one, but it’ll be worth it! Stick around and see~ Thanks – James]]

Attachments

• 20180624003314_1.jpg
    20180624003314_1.jpg
    361,3 KB · Views: 18
INVADERS FROM ACROSS THE SEA

Regardless of the how undoubtedly Christendom and those that still follow it are to remember most of what this compendium contains, nothing has been left out that was compiled. Less than half a century after the synod to cleanse the church, with no threats from 'The Blood Thirsty Invaders' or the 'Horse Mounted Khans' and no evidence of their very existence, terrifying news began to appear; signs of heralds from across the sea, Norsemen starved and in dear need of water croaking out stories of invading ships. After so long without anything of import happening, it was easy to not take them seriously, and the courts of the western world laughed them out of their throne rooms and halls. Until, like lightening, a strike as if at random befell The Isles...
20180624131907_1.jpg

Small boats demanding tributes and slaves began to arrive. No matter how many peasants were given to these marauders, they still promised vengeance in the name of their vile gods.

As Christendom and all holy rulers and followers awaited with baited breath, tributes long abandoned were made to the lord, even by those in the Curia, rumoured to have been done by the Pope himself. Sacrifices of goats and other animals to appease what was viewed as the anger of the Lord. Whether this is true for the heathen invasions or not cannot be told. What can be is that it did not appease the cause of these woes. A few short years later, Eire felt the wrath of these 'Aztecs'.
20180624132033_1.jpg

Painting representing reported numbers of invaders
Ireland was soon lost, and the ruler, Patrician of house Manaw was forced to request vassalization and submit to this false faith... or die.

20180624132330_1.jpg

//Note: THIS IS NOT MEANT TO ACTUALLY INVOLVE RELIGION IN ANY OFFICIAL CAPACITY. After seeing the new DLC announced it seemed like a fun short pet project. Let's see how long I can survive as Ireland and what other rulers befall their terror! I figured internal intrigue would save me somewhat. I hope so. Hope you enjoy it! - James

Well, it looks like everything is happening all at once :)

The Aztecs always seem to go for Ireland! Must be for the weather. In one of my early games, they started with Ireland and managed to pretty much all of Europe up to the Italian Peninsula. Messing with the Irish was their first and last mistake; their Irish vassals kicked off a massive revolt that set up a chain of similar rebellions and wars; they ended up grinding the Aztec Empire into virtual nonexistence. Let's hope you can manage to do the same. Good luck to you!

The Aztecs always seem to go for Ireland! Must be for the weather. In one of my early games, they started with Ireland and managed to pretty much all of Europe up to the Italian Peninsula. Messing with the Irish was their first and last mistake; their Irish vassals kicked off a massive revolt that set up a chain of similar rebellions and wars; they ended up grinding the Aztec Empire into virtual nonexistence. Let's hope you can manage to do the same. Good luck to you!
I uh... just read this. Let's say, since I don't think it'll ruin plot... The Orange of the Emerald Isle won't last forever. And if it does, the Irish will rule it.
Well, it looks like everything is happening all at once :)
Yeah, I figured I'd dive right in. I got the Synod event WAAAY early and because I used my "let's go insane" set of rules, all the invasions are scheduled for soon. I wanted to do a crash course and after the first entry I realized I could tie this into the new DLC. A fresh set thing. May upload again rather soonish. It's amazing what one former Prince-Mayor can do with sworn fealty to a bunch of recently landed invaders. Especially with 22 stewardship and an empty counsel... ;)

CHRISTENDOM IN THE BALANCE

Diary excerpt of Pedr I ‘The Persevering’, Prince Doge of the vassal states of Ireland, Scotland, England, Galicia, Portugal and other small holdings in Hispania:

20180626100124_1.jpg

The Prince-Kings Holdings around this period, illustrated. All lands marked ‘Ireland’ reside as the Aztecs as their overlord. This was woven immediately after his death and ascendency of Owen I

25 October 863

Woeful day! It is with little solace and a heavy heart that I falsely swore this day my lot with the faith of the acursed invaders. Lacking so skilled an administrator and noble in these lands they’ve… conquered, I have been chosen as the leader’s (who’s name I’ve not yet properly learned to spell or say) Steward. Past this sad but necessary public rebuking of my own faith, I have machinations of my own.

No man of house Manaw will gladly submit to an invasion. But being indisposed in the fate of myself, my family and patrimony, I must-needs wear this façade. Still, the Lord’s council has thus far been empty, allowing me to… redistribute to… worthier candidates various lands through the Aztec controlled European holdings. Places like; Hispania, Britannia, Francia, and bits of Mauretania. With a large enough vassalage under the King, or Emperor, or what have you, perhaps I can stage a rebellion.

Your servant,

The people’s liberator,

Pedr I of Manaw

20180624132242_1.jpg

Pedr I officially declaring loyalty to the heathen Gods

Of course, every plan has its hitches,and none are assured victory, but with what has been documented as a heavy heart but with full aspirations, Pedr I falsely declared his faith and was given massive land grants, patrilineal and passing through the generations for it.

//I'm on Ironman but forgot to switch it to Very Difficult. Helps me get out of my mind and it had been a while, and I'd been back in the groove but forgot to switch. I never play outside of Ironman!

Such flexibilty of faith is sometimes necessary if one wants to survive.