• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BaronIronmaggot

Lt. General
40 Badges
Aug 25, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
Greetings!

This is a succession game where we will be playing Elder Kings. Everyone can join even when the game is running, don't be afraid to ask.

I got this idea from the Panzer Commander run game: "Divine Influence - A Succession Game/Quantum Leap AAR!". We will be having a similar game, only in Elder Kings mod.

Starting character:

You play a random character. But wait, there'smore.

You have three rolls. If you roll a count, that roll doesn't count and you can roll again. You roll three times and post the three characters as screenshots here, then you make your choice , who you want to play, and then you play the chosen character.

EDIT(30.09.2014): Whether one considers a Merchant Republic a valid roll or not, is player's own decision. This due to some sort of bug which results in "Game Over" screen for landed patrician.

Succesion:

You play 50 years or until you character's death, whichever is shorter. Minimum length of playtime is 20 years. If your playtime is shorter than 20 years, because you character was old and died prematurely or smth like that, you can play with the heir until the 20 years is full.

So playtime is at min 20 and at max 50 years.

What you should write here of your turn:

Write the significant achievements and failures of your character and add a few relevant screenshots to the mix too. You don't have to write top selling prose, if everyone can understand what you are writing, it will do fine. But you can always do more.

What happens when we come to the end of the list?

I will take the list, randomize it and add it back here. Then we will start playing from the first person till the last one in the list.

Also, I randomized the list as I created this post with "random.org".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player list:

1. BaronIronmaggot - Irlav of the Great House of Tor [3370 - 3405]
  2. simcull - [Dropped out]
  3. Velendesril
  4. arosenberger14
  5. Abnwtwtud
  6. Emilersej
  7. Robincorbois
  8. Zerois
  9. September
  10. Kodalem
  11. hockeystars59

Last edited:
The god of random has blessed me, letting me go first.

Here are my rolls:

Count Irlav of Falkreath

zKknOwM.jpg

King Bashezur of We'sawak

ZwxXZLR.jpg

Patrician Frokmar of Embervein

C03bS1m.jpg

I foresee a Haafingaric Republic a-comin'.

Hey, I am quite long into the game for now, but now the game concistently tries to give me a game over screen. Not a death one, but the one saying "Game over because I turned into a republic." What do you think, causes it?

That is really weird! I have no idea, but I could guess that the game over requirements may have been not been fiddled with much, as Elder Kings began Pre-Republic(I think), try snooping around in the code.. ( I truly have no idea, heck, I could just be spouting impossible nonsense right now).

Your capital became a city which is not coastal, or while you did not have a ducal title. In other words, you became a republic while you did not fulfill the requirements for a merchant republic.

Your capital became a city which is not coastal, or while you did not have a ducal title. In other words, you became a republic while you did not fulfill the requirements for a merchant republic.

No, I already am a merchant, more precisely a patriacian. And all my cities are coastal and there are no inland cities in the close vicinity either.

I saw it happen with two other Patriacian Houses, they just ceased to exist within the title Republic Mechanic mechanics. Two random Houses were generated in their stead and those houses that got kicked out, kept existing as just grand mayors outside the Republic Election mechanics.

You're a patrician, not a doge. For some reason your city became independent, and you didn't have a ducal title.

You're a patrician, not a doge. For some reason your city became independent, and you didn't have a ducal title.

It seems like merchant republics are bugged. I will add it to the rules then, that it is player's own choice if he considers a Merchant Republic as a valid roll (due to bugs in merchant republic gameplay).

-----------------------------------------

Since the gameplay with a landed patrician is bugged, I ask the people in this game:

Do you allow me to choose a different character from my picks and make a game with him instead?

Last edited:
It seems like merchant republics are bugged. I will add it to the rules then, that it is player's own choice if he considers a Merchant Republic as a valid roll (due to bugs in merchant republic gameplay).

-----------------------------------------

Since the gameplay with a landed patrician is bugged, I ask the people in this game:

Do you allow me to choose a different character from my picks and make a game with him instead?

Pity, I'd have loved to see a republic Empire...

I'd go ahead and re-roll.

So the Random Number gods have smiled and made me 4th? Hopefully I'll be right in the middle of the flu :D

Hello, people, this person here is the Count Irlav of Falkreath. He is considered to be a genuinely pleasant human being. He is also an quite excellent mage.

qiaVsSE.jpg

He was married to Countess Alexa of Ash.

WLMMJsg.jpg

His county was a part of the Colovian Estates. As a matter of fact, his very brother was the King.

WMwTxWE.jpg

On one fine day, Irlav decided to do the pilgrimage.

t1NCJY4.jpg

He went through all the wayshrines of the divines. On the road, there were multiple occurances where his life was in danger, but since he was an excellent mage he every time came out of these conflicts without a scratch. His final point was the Wayshrine of Julianos. "Know the truth. Observe the law. When in doubt, seek wisdom from the wise." - the words by which he had lived his entire life; the commands of his patron deity Julianos. In every wayshire he would rest and meditate about the god's teaching. But at the Julianos wayshrine he decided to do something different. He made an offering to Julianos to seek his blessing. Since he had always been following his teachings as long as he had been alive, he hoped to recieve some sort of recognition from that, yes, he had done well.

The altar started to glow, rays of light shot out of it and hit Irlav. Irlav was thrown back, several meters by the blast. When he came to his bearings, he understood the grim reality. Julianos, the god he had devoted his life to, rejected his offering and him. Julianos went even as far as to cast a curse on Irlav so strong that it flinged him backwards. Irlav didn't know why he was rejected. He knew only so much that a god would rather ignore the unworthy. Gods have only been known to punish extra wicked. How was he so evil to deserve this?

Irlav, the Scourge of Tamriel

The rejection at Julianos altar had been the worst moment of his life. His life felt empty. From that time onwards, he spent his time isolated in his library, only coming out to get something to eat. Earlier in his life, someone had pushed a strange book into his hands. He hadn't been able to decipher the book since then. But after pilgrimage, he had been as if glued to that book. His condition was understandable, he was only looking for something to fill the void where previously was Julianos. He thought that perhaps this book would give him a new direction in his life. Who could blame him?

He had been studying his book for 3 months, when a courier came, bearing ill new. Irlav's brother had died. A sad moment but it didn't seem to affect Irlav. He only said arbitrarily "Such is life" and went on discussing the inheritance business with the courier. It appeared, to Irlav's amazement, that he had been elected as the new King of Colovian Estates. His eyes started to shine and burn with excitement and curiosity, he told his chancellor to handle the paperwork and walked, no almost ran, to his library/study room. He even locked the door from inside and didn't leave it till the next morning.

D0Eo3DR.jpg

After that day, he returned to his normal self - minus Julianos.

As the new king, he immediately sent out invitations to nearby small realms to pledge fealty to Colovian Estates. Quite a few of them accepted.

4fGKR65.jpg

eTs9IDM.jpg

While people were distracted with diplomacy and the new estates, Irlav decided to build some stuff in his castle. He upgraded his castle to top notch shape. His castle was eventially in such a good shape that it could house an entire army. To celebrate his new castle, he invited all vassals and friends to his castle for opening ceremony. They blessed in all the new and revamped buildings. For the evening, Irlav promised to should people something jaw dropping. He gathered the people on the walls, surrounding his quite spacious courtyard. He alone went and placed something on the far end of it and walked back to audience. From there he started chanting strange sounding words. Quite soon people started noticing an orange glow at the location he had placed some stuff down. The glow grew brighter and it started to take a form. After the ritual had lasted for 30 minutes, the outline of the object in the orange glow was quite clear. It was like a large doorframe. Then the glow disappeared, just like that, one moment it was there and in the next it wasn't. What was left was that doorframe, "its a portal" someone shouted from the audience. He was right, it was a portal. The inside of the portal frame was strange, it looked like it was liquid metal, only that it didn't flow.

Just a few moments passed and something stepped out of the glowing orange liquid-sheet. Something is an understatement. There was a whole bunch of something's. The silhouettes started moving towards Irlav. But the silhouettes just kept emerging from the portal without an end. There were hundreds of them, perhaps even thousands. Somebody shouted "By the divines, these are dremoras", Dremoras all gathered in front of Irlav in straight uniform rows. When the last of them reached the rows and took their positions, they all kneeled to Irlav simultaneously, like they shared one mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irlav had one and only one purpose for them. To conquer the world for him. His next 30 years were filled with conquests. Every year he summoned more and more dremora troops. Near his death his Kingdom spanned from the shores Anvil to the Whiterun and Riften in Skyrim. He kept expanding his realm until he died peacefully in his bed in the year 3405. The moment he died his dremora army vanished into thin air. Now, after 30 years of relying on dremoras, can the Colovians remember even how to fight and protect themselves. How will they fare now, only gods know.

World at 3370:
uCoDSdi.jpg

World at 3405:
UMLLIY6.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments on this session:

The entire game I wished, that I had the "Warlord" trait or "Zealous" trait. If I had one of these, my character would have been an emperor of some sort by the end of the term.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save: http://www.filedropper.com/baronironmaggotsave

Last edited:
Oh joy! My turn has arrived. Unfortunately I'm a bit bogged down atm, exams and whatnot. However, I randomed:

Aran (King) Ra'Tesh "the Cheat" of Rimmen

2014-10-01_00002.jpg

King Elaboran "the Wicked" of Pyrrhan

2014-10-01_00003.jpg

Prince Sorcalin of Sunhold

2014-10-01_00004.jpg

Sorry about the resolution of pics guys :sad:, but you can just click on them for the full-size images

And also, I hope you don't mind me asking BaronIronmaggot, but how do I get that color-based independent realm map you showed at the end?

F10 takes those shots. I imagine that's Independent Realm mapmode.

F10 takes those shots. I imagine that's Independent Realm mapmode.

no not that, the thing looks like a province map that he used at the end to show territorial changes.

Yes that, F10 does that, where F11 does a regular screen shot.