• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed, The Shacks. Berkshire, Hertfordshire, and Buckinghamshire were real counties, but they have never been counties in Crusader Kings games. It's a better map with them merged into other counties.

Was Bristol a county in CKI? It's too long since I've played to remember.

Reactions:
Indeed, The Shacks. Berkshire, Hertfordshire, and Buckinghamshire were real counties, but they have never been counties in Crusader Kings games. It's a better map with them merged into other counties.

Was Bristol a county in CKI? It's too long since I've played to remember.
Rutland.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Ireland had at least two bishops during the 5 kingdoms period vying for the position of Archbishop, and Primacy over all of Ireland, based on whether they're the successor and heir of Patrick, or successor and heir of the oldest Church efforts in Ireland, although at appears that Armagh (the heirs of Patrick) won out.

In 1152 Tuam, Cashel and Dublin were raised to archbishop level, alongside Armagh, with Armagh having primacy. (Armagh is "Primate of all Ireland", Dublin is "Primate of Ireland").

Cashel was only given an archbishop at the synod of Ráth Breasail in 1111. Said synod was organised by Muircheartach Ua Briain who clearly wanted an archbishop in his backyard as a counterbalance to Uí Néill dominance of Armagh.

DreadLindwyrm, thank you for the Rutland reminder.

Farfour, I know you've abandoned the idea, but I can't give it up. It's too funny. What sort of opinion malus would someone from Gillingham have for someone from Ramsgate? At least -50.

• 2Haha
Reactions: