• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enjoyable. Hope to watch this more. Always fun to make the game harder for yourself by encouraging mass rebellions!

Ugo's reign certainly looks to be an interesting one - you've made some nice setbacks to keep things lively.

Yeah well, I can't be overdoing the jailing, otherwise I will be too vulnerable to attacks from the outside. I must strike a balance.

And thanks for the vassal map. It was much appreciated :)

Well, technically that was a diplo map, not a vassal map :p but I felt that a diplo map would tell a better picture here.

damn that is a lot of negative prestige!!! Is that a new addition with 1.09? Never seen a marriage to anyone give that kind of nasty side effect.

damn that is a lot of negative prestige!!! Is that a new addition with 1.09? Never seen a marriage to anyone give that kind of nasty side effect.

Well, as stated in my rules I won't marry any German or other... That left very little to chose from. There was 1 Italian duke, my father-in-law, but before my bride and I got married he lost his land, relegating her to noble thus netting me -400 prestige, even though she is the daughter of a very noble line.

She was actually one of the few Italian noble women at the start of the game. Yes, I could have betrothed Mathilda, but that is just way too easy as I stated in the rules. But as she has no heirs and all other dukes in Italy are actually German, that leaves very slim picking. A patrician daughter just didn't feel right.

These are the new 1.09 rules for marriage. They are somewhat annoying tbh :p