• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well Paradox release DLC's on console in the form of 3 add-ons that are sold as an Expansion Pass, So far the two Expansion Passes have had one Expansion, one Story pack and one species pack. I reckon Paradox will try and get us one more Expansion Pass by the end of the year which I'll be happy with. Out of the remaining 2.2 compatible add-ons, which ones fit into which of the three categories? We'll likely get either Megacorp or Federations, those sound like Expansions. I think we'll probably get Lithoids since that sounds like a species pack. From what limited knowledge I have on Distant Stars and Ancient Relics they sound like Story packs so we'll most likely get one of them. Personally I'm hoping for Distant Stars because it sounds cool, I know mostly nothing about it but I've heard about the L-gate which is apparently "inaccessible via Hyperlanes" which sounds menacing, I don't know which one out of Megacorp and Federations I prefer, but I would like Diplomacy to be a viable option or a change, and Lithoids sounds cool I guess.

Anything past patch 2.2 is unlikely to be added in with the next expansion pass as they would likely need to update the game for any core changes made in the interim

We are guaranteed Distant Stars and Megacorp for the next pass because those are the last 2 dlc missing from the 2.2 update we got

yes i'm aware of that
but my statement about us still not having content from Distant Stars and Megacorp is accurate

while we may have some of it, we do not have everything that was a part of those updates

Distant Stars - Still missing L-Gates [and subsequent tech/etc]
Megacorp - Missing empire setups, Branch Offices, Administrative Buildings for each main empire type

I don’t want to talk for the poster, but I assume they’re saying that all or most of that MC/DS content is already in the game, just not accessible by the player until unlocked by DLC purchase.

I’ve no experience developing games, but I assume that it makes sense for Tantalus to get ahead of themselves, so to speak, given the intertwined nature of all the systems. So I’m inclined to agree with the poster, especially given that there are loads of MegaCorp and Distant Stars (I think?) content referenced in tool tips and what-not.

• 2Like
Reactions:
yes i'm aware of that
but my statement about us still not having content from Distant Stars and Megacorp is accurate

while we may have some of it, we do not have everything that was a part of those updates

Distant Stars - Still missing L-Gates [and subsequent tech/etc]
Megacorp - Missing empire setups, Branch Offices, Administrative Buildings for each main empire type
This is a classic marketing strategy in order to a) keep people playing the game and giving support b) make it so that people aren't complaining for a year about no updates coming out.
Given the release schedule so far expect Distant Stars in around two-three months and MegaCorp in December. After that, we should get Ancient Relics somewhere in March given they have a year to develop it (or they could go directly to 2.7 and do the same thing with Federations).

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is a classic marketing strategy in order to a) keep people playing the game and giving support b) make it so that people aren't complaining for a year about no updates coming out.
Given the release schedule so far expect Distant Stars in around two-three months and MegaCorp in December. After that, we should get Ancient Relics somewhere in March given they have a year to develop it (or they could go directly to 2.7 and do the same thing with Federations).
likely we'll make the jump right to Federations after expansion pass 3, doing a smaller jump wouldn't make too much sense and Fed has the biggest changes in the core game after 2.2

• 1Like
Reactions:
Anything past patch 2.2 is unlikely to be added in with the next expansion pass as they would likely need to update the game for any core changes made in the interim

We are guaranteed Distant Stars and Megacorp for the next pass because those are the last 2 dlc missing from the 2.2 update we got
So that takes Federations out. What about Lithoids?

Lithoids is 2.4 IIRC, which means that it will likely not be released in this expansion pack.
Well in that case they'll probably group it into the expansion pass as part of a pre-order, meaning you can download it when it comes out because I think they'll likely jump consoles up to 2.7 which won't happen anytime soon but I doubt they'll wait until then to release DLCs and they'll probably still sell it as part of a pass/pack

I hope soon paradox will annouce next season pass with distant stars, megacorp and release a patch that will repair current ship upgrading bug(when you upgrade fleet you receive free alloys).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I doubt it's a bug. Check if your "upgrade" is really an upgrade. Maybe because of new technologies something is changed in the project, and "upgrade" becomes downgrade really.

Same trick you can do at beginning of the game - in Corvette scheme you delete everything and leave empty space. Then upgrade your fleet. Bam, about 150 alloy for free at day one.

It is a bug, it was dabatet in bug forum "https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/free-alloys-from-upgrading-fleets.1395036/page-3" and Argueek you can confirm it yourself try starting new game a play for one year, and constantly upgrade fleet (changing equipment), at end of a year write down your total alloy pool, then try starting new game and play also for one year, but dont upgrade your fleet, then compare your total alloy pool, with alloy pool in previous game and you should find out that alloy pool in game when you constantly upgraded fleet is significantly larger.

things we don't have access to that are in megacorp:

branch offices [as well as the buildings that work off branch offices]
the administrative office tile buildings for each empire type
megacorperation empires
3 Ascension Perks

thats what i can think of off the top of my head

and i'll tell you right now one of those ascension perks can lag the game to no end
Xeno-Compatibility
All of them require DLC for you to use.

Reactions:
not entirely true

the administrative offices (which i had to double check on are actually in Federations not Megacorp) were an added feature that everyone can use
They come much later though. Like much later. They are not in the purview of the dlc we have coming.

There is currently no known date for Distant Stars or Megacorp

Most of the community is hoping for this year
And I think, key word being think, Paradox/Tantalus is trying to ensure we don't have a repeat of what happened after Utopia

But until we get something concrete from them, it is up in the air

I do know that Paradox is trying to get consoles caught up to PC but I think there is an issue where the current gen hardware might not be 100% up to snuff
Mainly due in part that the console version of the game is seeing way more issues with stability than the PC version did

What happened with utopia?