• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How ironic that the Muslims are reconquering Granada from the Christians. Also, of course there's a Timurid ruling Andalusia. And that is one fine-looking Greece.

1750s

eu4_265.png

"This decade saw yet another war between the Tamil Empire of Orissa and Tondo."

eu4_272.png

"Under Lothaire I de Foix, the French Empire of Sweden launched a conquest of Louisiana, an Orthodox French colonial nation that gained its independence from Italy. The only ally the defenders had were the Yaqui people while Lothaire, who was also the King of Florida, raised the Floridian army."

How ironic that the Muslims are reconquering Granada from the Christians. Also, of course there's a Timurid ruling Andalusia. And that is one fine-looking Greece.
In case you are wondering, Serbia formed Greece.

Sweden trying to conquer Louisiana is not something I expected for the 1750s!

In case you are wondering, Serbia formed Greece.
Oh that's awesome. About time we had a Greek nation-state. And it controls Constantinople, no less!

1760s

eu4_280.png

"The great French Emperor of Sweden, Charles de Foix, became the conquered during the 1760s as his neighbors started declaring war upon him one after another."

eu4_286.png

"The expansions of the Tamil Empire of Orissa also continued during this decade."

Malacca is looking quite the regional force in SE Asia. Remind me – have they done any colonising?

Malacca is looking quite the regional force in SE Asia. Remind me – have they done any colonising?
I am not sure, have to check old posts. But they did steal colonies of Yemen, Oman and Bengal as far as I can remember.

Reactions:
1770s

eu4_279.png

"By 1770s, the Walloon Duchy of Hainaut had become the first industrial society on Earth. While almost every other economy was agrarian, the economy of Hainaut saw massive increase in worker productivity due to innovations such as the steam engine and new mechanized manufacturing equipment. It marked the start of a new era where the rich and the ambitious grew even wealthier and many abandoned their homes to move into the rapidly-growing industrial cities of Hainaut. There are many debates on why the Industrial Revolution began in Hainaut and not anywhere else on Earth."

eu4_290.png

"The zealot Emperor Dadu Phattu XVIII Tsaparangid of Delhi launched an extremely one-sided war against Mong Yang during this decade."

eu4_294.png

"The Tamil Empire of Orissa spent yet another decade fighting wars in the Mexico region."

eu4_298.png

"The French Kingdom of Brittany was attacked by two powerful French empires during this decade."

eu4_303.png

"The English Kingdom of Haiti was also faced with two different wars during this decade."

Is that Sweden or France in Denmark/north Germany? Whoever that is is doing well for themselves.

There are many debates on why the Industrial Revolution began in Hainaut and not anywhere else on Earth.
I bet there are. Was not expecting that at all!

1780s

eu4_308.png

"The Sultan of Maghreb won his war against the English Kingdom of Haiti. A free-thinking military strategist named Bilal Alami was appointed as the first viceroy of a new colonial nation that would eventually be known as Gharb Al-Hind."

eu4_311.png

"At the advice of his court, Tamil Chhatrapati Varotaya XIV of Orissa launched a new military campaign in the Mexico region."

eu4_315.png

"Another Tamil powerhouse, the Empire of Bengal under the Timurid dynasty, launched a war against Tondo during this decade."

Japan look like they’ve already got halfway to a Co-Prosperity Sphere 150 years ahead of schedule.

1790s

eu4_319.png

"Under the infamously greedy Valeran XIII d'Albert, the French Empire of Bavaria fought the Britannic Succession War against Italy."

eu4_323.png

"It was yet another decade with yet another war in the Mexico region for the Tamil Empire of Orissa."

eu4_327.png

"The other important event of this decade was the declaration of war on the Chinese Republic of California by Emperor Abdul-Aziz Barek of Maghreb. The Californians were aided in the defense by a few Native Yorker nations in the region while the French Kingdom of Canada, in debt to the Maghrebi for helping them achieve independence, joined the attacking side."

“Valeran” I think is just about the most popular european name in this timeline. Feel like I see it coming up all the time.

The New world is looking really interesting. I think that will be a far more lively part of the world going into Vicky.

That is a big France. Also, do we know the results of the Britannic Succession War yet? Seems like that could tip the balance of power in Europe.

That is a big France. Also, do we know the results of the Britannic Succession War yet? Seems like that could tip the balance of power in Europe.
Team Bavaria won.

Team Bavaria won.
Bavaria and Britannia, a powerful union! Think Britannia will get inherited soon? And if they don't, will you annex one into the other for V2?