• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Catching back up with this, and my big comment is that It's fun to say "Valeran Bajmoc-Munchmunster."

Bonapartes join the Plantagenets spawning in the New World! Let’s hope they don’t cause too much trouble…

1710s

eu4_200.png

"The only major event of the 1710s was the declaration of war upon the Mixtec people by the expansionist Tamil Chhatrapati Varotaya X Madurai of Orissa as a new Age of Revolutions began."

Last edited:
I must have missed Orissa gaining a foothold in Mexico. Another imperialist power to add into the Yorker mix!

Victoria 2's part will be short because it is not really a good game for aggressive expansion like HOI4 or EU4.
Speaking of this, now that we are in 18th Century (and almost colonial nation are independent except Maghreb's, Orissa Mexico and Orsonia), I gotta ask converter options for EU4 - VIC2.

1. Drop cores of dead nations - None, Dead or All
2. Turn Colonial Nations into territories - Never, Sometimes or All
3. If "Sometimes" from previous question, when exactly - Absorb Loyal only, Absorb Disloyal too or Absorb Rebellious as well
4. Should population be shaped to EU4's advance - Stick to vanilla pop sizes, Dev push for more people or Absolute Dev size
5. Auto-assign national cores - Yes for unification, No national cores, No cultural union cores or Don't assign any
6. Any cultural/religious conversions from EU4 - Only Nobility and Merchants or Everyone

The max literacy and the shaping factor will both be at default 100. RGO will be set to historical; no need for them to change and setting it to random only shuffles between provinces with similar climate and terrain (and thus not really that random). No point in making the world Eurocentric when the Renaissance, Manufactories and Enlightenment were invented in Asia or in wiping sub-Saharan Africa.

Speaking of this, now that we are in 18th Century (and almost colonial nation are independent except Maghreb's, Orissa Mexico and Orsonia), I gotta ask converter options for EU4 - VIC2.

1. Drop cores of dead nations - None, Dead or All
2. Turn Colonial Nations into territories - Never, Sometimes or All
3. If "Sometimes" from previous question, when exactly - Absorb Loyal only, Absorb Disloyal too or Absorb Rebellious as well
4. Should population be shaped to EU4's advance - Stick to vanilla pop sizes, Dev push for more people or Absolute Dev size
5. Auto-assign national cores - Yes for unification, No national cores, No cultural union cores or Don't assign any
6. Any cultural/religious conversions from EU4 - Only Nobility and Merchants or Everyone

The max literacy and the shaping factor will both be at default 100. RGO will be set to historical; no need for them to change and setting it to random only shuffles between provinces with similar climate and terrain (and thus not really that random). No point in making the world Eurocentric when the Renaissance, Manufactories and Enlightenment were invented in Asia or in wiping sub-Saharan Africa.
1. Don't drop cores for more randomness and craziness.
2 and 3. Never turn the colonies into territories. Colonies in Vic 2 are broken because they are completely different to EU4's colonies. Before you convert, release the colonies in the save before you do this option. I learned this the hard way in my Ireland game.
4. I would like to see more randomised populations. So Absolute dev size.
5. Auto assigning cores might be difficult as you said that most of Europe is either French or Italian, so if it is nationalism, then we could see 3 or 4 major national powers. No national cores for me.
6. Culture and religion conversions don't really matter so Everyone.

I don't really know the mechanics of Vic 2, as well as most people because it feels incomplete and broken. And expansion is difficult due to you having to wait for a CB to be made during war and losing can cause lots of damage.

Reactions:
1. Don't drop cores for more randomness and craziness.
2 and 3. Never turn the colonies into territories. Colonies in Vic 2 are broken because they are completely different to EU4's colonies. Before you convert, release the colonies in the save before you do this option. I learned this the hard way in my Ireland game.
4. I would like to see more randomised populations. So Absolute dev size.
5. Auto assigning cores might be difficult as you said that most of Europe is either French or Italian, so if it is nationalism, then we could see 3 or 4 major national powers. No national cores for me.
6. Culture and religion conversions don't really matter so Everyone.

I don't really know the mechanics of Vic 2, as well as most people because it feels incomplete and broken. And expansion is difficult due to you having to wait for a CB to be made during war and losing can cause lots of damage.

I agree with these options. Keep things as open as possible. Giving stuff over to Vicky defaults would just undo the advances of places outside Europe.

1720s

eu4_204.png

"Sultan Babur III Timurid launched another jihad against the Catholic Bahriya state in Egypt. The Pope called for a Christian coalition against the Timurid Empire but only Bavaria and Brazil joined it."

eu4_208.png

"Tamil Chhatrapati Varotaya XI Madurai of Orissa continued the era of expansions for his empire."

eu4_212.png

"The Bonaparte dynasty was short-lived and the de Valois took over Canada. Both Canada and another French kingdom, Sweden, had claims over the throne of a third French state Florida. And thus, the Floridian Succession War began on 1729. The Maghreb Sultanate, which had been an ally of both Canada and Florida ever since helping the two former colonies of the French Empire of Britannia achieve independence, was forced to chose Canada over Florida in this succession crisis. The Pope tried to rally another Christian coalition against Maghreb Sultanate but failed. The English Kingdom of Haiti joined the war on Sweden's side since it viewed Maghreb Sultanate as a hostile Old World power that still held colonies in the New World."

eu4_216.png

"The armies of Maghreb and its colonies were initially unable to come to the aid of Canada for they were fighting a war against Italy."

Damn, I love France here. It gives me a nice feeling seeing a nation with a Roman-derived culture take over Rome. Also, nice to see Britannia back where it belongs.

Reactions:
Love the fact that even an alt-French Canadian monarchy still has disputes between Bonapartists and other claimants.

Europe, meanwhile, has become a bit of a mess again. France snaking off all over needs to be seen to. But who will be up to the task?

That's such an attractive Bavaria, too. This is overall a pretty aesthetically-pleasing Europe.
And Brittany and Britannia, too! Outside of that, though, it's just a mess. And poor East Francia :(

1730s

eu4_220.png

"The 1730s saw the Tamil Empire of Orissa declare yet another war against the Xiu people. This time, however, the Native Yorker nation had many allies."

eu4_224.png

"The French de Foix dynasty of Sweden was able to win the Floridian Succession War. During this decade, Sweden declared war upon rival and fellow French state Lithuania and Florida was called into the war."

eu4_228.png

"King Sicgan X Bombogorid of the Cuman Kingdom of Gobi-Altai had helped the Manchurians take over the Mandate of Heaven and conquer Chinese territories. The Manchurians, under a Manchu khan from the Bombogorid clan, now called themselves the Qing dynasty. As the dynasty head, King Sicgan X demanded his relatives in the Qing throne to repay the favor by joining their call to war against the Chinese Khanate of Xi Xia."

eu4_232.png

"The Sultan of Maghreb, now busy with one war or other in Europe or Africa, started to care less about what happened to the colonies in the New World. House Plantagenet of La Plata took advantage of this golden opportunity to declare war upon Peru."

eu4_236.png

"The other important event of this decade was the war fought between the former Chinese colony of Cascadia and the French Empire of Britannia over Orsonia."

French Sweden fighting French Lithuania… what a world!

It is very disconcerting how impoverished the post-CK3 cultural map was.

1740s

eu4_245.png

"Two powerful French states, Bavaria and Britannia, went to war during this decade."

eu4_249.png

"With the death of her husband, Tamil noblewoman Tayanitiyar Pallava became the Empress of Orissa. She would be known later on her cruel policies against both the Native Yorker tribes and colonists in the New World alike."

eu4_253.png

"The Catholic Andalusians, supported by the French Kingdom of Sweden, had rebelled against the sultans of Andalusia and formed their own little nation called Granada. In 1740s, Sultan Mubashir XIII Timurid declared that it was now time to retake Granada."

eu4_257.png

"The English Kingdom of La Plata declared yet another war against Peru as the latter's overlord in Maghreb Sultanate did nothing."

eu4_261.png

"The end of Vladimir, a state of Orthodox Uralic peoples, was sealed on 1749 with the holy war declared by the Cuman Kingdom of Gobi-Altai."