• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Exactly!

And I was thinking about a British AAR, but then I actually started a test game and immediately had my ass handed to me in the Peninsula. Preferably it would be from the point of view of a British serving officer abroad in an expeditionary force, but I'll have to probably run a few test games before getting the hang of it. And do recall that, every single time I have played the UK in VII, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong :p

Writing an AAR for March of the Eagles has always appealed to me as a wonderful way to go about writing a more personal history. Constructing an AAR around one person always strikes me as a really fascinating idea, and as people like Seelmeister have proved in the past, it works perfectly in MotE. I may well give it a go one day. The one drawback, of course, is that I am (currently) dreadful at the game. :D

I'd therefore be most intrigued to see such an AAR from your good self.

Well, I have read this and enjoyed it thoroughly.

I do confess that I was expecting the Bourboun-Parma installed as the puppet kings of La Plata..., there were some negotiations to give Louis Charles that crown in 1817, IIRC.

Well, I have read this and enjoyed it thoroughly.

I do confess that I was expecting the Bourboun-Parma installed as the puppet kings of La Plata..., there were some negotiations to give Louis Charles that crown in 1817, IIRC.

Sadly, the map does not deign to extend past Europe. While Bourbon kings of La Plata sound fascinating, that would have been excessively hard to manage :p Since I was by design dependent on the whims of the AI in who they puppeted or carved out, I was personally hoping for an invitation from the Tsar to be Grand Duke of Finland, but Russia was always too spineless in their various wars with Sweden -.- But I was happy enough when Portugal was finally puppeted.

I would have prefer to see a Napoleon Empire including Great Britain but obviously I am the only one here. :rolleyes:

Thank you for this AAR. It was really pleasant to read. I will surely read your next one. :)