• Pre order now!

Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made! Crusader Kings III is soon upon us and you can pre order it today!

Releasing September 1st 2020

j4rlitt

Recruit
Dec 22, 2019
I had built a footbridge in my prison and dismantled it. The footbridge is not visible but it still seems to be there; several tiles are not accessible (I can´t send staff there, it´s not accessible for building, staff get stuck on the invisible bridge, staff go around these invisibly blocked tiles).
Edit: I assume that it´s the bridges´ pillars (and/or the stairs) that don´t get dismantled properly.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: NoiRioN and Kaitrosebd

Kaitrosebd

Recruit
May 27, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
Having the same issue, it has now made two separate games unplayable and in general made me very nervous to try and build yet another easily broken prison. :/

I am using mods but the issue still occurs when all mods are disabled. Sprites are continuing to get stuck where a bridge was deleted, however, the issue started occurring prior to at least one bridge being removed (sprites piled up to the side of the bridge and could not be moved even once the bridge was dismantled). They would eventually pile up to the point where I would have dozens of sprites locked in one of the same couple "stuck spots". This has made me very wary to ever use the bridge in the future since it clearly is related to adding and dismantling a bridge. On a related note I dismantled about 6 bridges in different locations. Some of the dismantled bridges caused no issues but two of them have caused about 4 stuck zones. Any Sprite passing over those 4 tiles will become trapped indefinitely and the only solution is to fire the worker (after about 30 minutes that means firing half your staff). I have also used a "delete" object mod to try and "delete" whatever invisible item was catching my sprites, while that did help remove stuck trashbags and a pile of bricks in the same area, sprite continued to get stuck in these locations. Prior to using the delete mod the trash bags and pile of bricks on the same tile could not be moved, picked up, or interacted with in any way.

Attachments

• 2Like
Reactions: NoiRioN and j4rlitt

NoiRioN

Recruit
May 30, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Magicka
So this is the reason for my issue as well! Guys, did any of you try to check it in the save file? How the bridge is indicated there?

EDIT
GUYS, I FOUND IT!!!

I've removed all bridges in the game and checked the filesave. Apart from bridges in boxes, I found a section like this:

1590837408650.png

It seems that bridges do have an additional section in the save that contains partial duplicates of some of the data, like the type of the bridge, it's position, shape etc.

So, I just deleted this part of the save and... everything went back to normal!

@Paradox & Introversion devs, kindly please add this to your bug-fix list and take care of this. It not only blocks some space that was never used by bridges, but also some space that is there after the bridges are removed. And it happens not with all bridges, what is even more surprising.

Also, if someone is moving under the bridge, he shouldn't slow down, as the bridge is over him. This would allow to build very nice multi-level paths that do not collide :)

Last edited: