• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The first thing I'd do is flesh out the internal conflict between Pagans and Christians within Pagan countries. This occurred a lot, after all. What would be absolutely wonderful would be for Christians to be able to send out missionaries to Pagan lands, causing some local rulers to convert and fight the Pagan "loyalists" for control. As a Pagan ruler, you could have the choice of tolerating them - with a risk of having some of your population or vassals convert, but with the benefit of improved relations with Christian neighbors - or banishing and killing them to preserve the ancestral faith. Heck, this could be modded into the "inquisition" job of court chaplains.

Even better would be if the degree of these missionaries' and converts' success strongly affected the moral authority of the respective religions, with high MA granting assorted bonuses - especially military - to Pagans. These were, after all, local religions of identity, and apart from fighting them with fire and sword, Christians also sought to undermine the various pagan state and tribal entities from within, often only achieving success once they were weakened and divided by the scattered conversions. This would make for a very interesting Pagan game indeed, with interesting strategic choices. The player could act like the Lithuanian Grand Dukes, uniting the tribes and then joining Christendom, act like the Prussians and fiercely cling to the old ways, finding military strength in religious zeal, or - as a minor county-level ruler - shrewdly convert, marry a Christian and use foreign help to betray and overthrow your ruler.

Unfortunately I'm horrible with scripting, at least as long as there's no scripting manual, so I can't offer much beyond concepts :(

I was thinking of Polygamy and Sacrafices too!
I'm not sure which pagans did these and which pagans didn't, personally. I think it would be really hard to model polygamy, though, unless you had access to the code, in which case it would probably be easy because of the similarity between Sengoku (which has polygamy) and CK2.
I think that having a few small holy orders might be a good idea, something like 2k men each as opposed to the typical 8k holy orders.

Pagan is over umbrall word, each hundre of faiths, all with ideas along many different tribes, who leader was chosen because chrisma then there bloodline. If would proper any mood would get ride fedual live event and all jazz and make new ones. King of Dragon Pass even thought take place in fictinal places show how clan and tribe can form into a kingdom.

True Cognatic Succession on by default, with no penalties. Less penalties for Feudal Elective Succession, normal penalties for Gavelkind Succession and higher than normal penalties for Primogeniture and Seniority Succession. Thus reflecting a bias in favor of gender balanced, loose-knit confederacies.

I agree with Joel here, a little research will go a long way to making it more fun for others.

I also think you need to change the names of your council member titles to make it seem a little more interesting. I made a mod for myself in which I changed the titles of council members, bishops, barons, counts, dukes, kings, and emperors that became Zoroastrian. I feel like it gives a different feel to the game. For instance, if you were Norse you could call your marshal a War Chief or something.