• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One has to laugh a grim little laugh
Hehe. He is a tried man. ;)
This is where the fun begins...
Or abruptly ends. ;)
I think we can agree the Advisor is right to criticize Zorlax that way.
Quite. What a stupid captain. :p
Are they actually dangerous? I remember doing this once not knowing what would happen and they start in 1 system, which I thought made them very weak. I never really continued that run so I don't know if they are truly a danger when released... It's definitely one of the better anomalies IMO.
Well, the game got corrupted shortly after...:D They do indeed start as a weak one system empire. But within short time, they claimed 6 or 7 systems. So they expand quickly. And as I said, game ended shortly after. ;)

They look kinda cute.

Chapter XXXI - The End
To: Emperor Zetioz

Topic: The End

My liege,

I write this as our capital is burning.

I do not know if you get this, but time is sparse.

I implore you; we need to abandon the planet.

The empire.

The galaxy.

The Prikkiki-Pi are everywhere, killing anything they see.

Their hate is plenty, their fleets and armies more numerous than we could ever antipate.

I have failed you, my liege.

For that I am sorry.

I have procured a ship, cloaked – it might just evade the enemy.

We might be able to reach Fixis before it falls.

The dimensional portal is our only hope.

Whatever is on the other side…it cannot be worse than these lizards.

I’ve contacted the scientists on Fixis, they think they can get the portal big enough for us to get through, and then seal it.

Someone must stay behind to do this.

I volunteer, your majesty.

I will seal the portal, once you and the royal family and as many colonists from Fixis as possible is through.

May you see fortune on the other side.

Your loyal servant,

The Advisor

And thus, the story came to an end. :)

The Advisor is fated to always run :)

The Advisor is fated to always run :)
This time though, he got left behind. :( (if no one else came forward, that is. Perhaps, a certain Captain? ;) )

No not Advisor, it should have been Zorlax.

A tragic end. Why is it always a tragic end... I really do hope to see another one of these in the future, I really like this simple format!

Wait, we never did figure out where the portal leads, did we? Let's just hope the last Hydari don't find themselves in an inhospitable hellscape of a dimension...

No not Advisor, it should have been Zorlax.
Totally. :D
A tragic end. Why is it always a tragic end... I really do hope to see another one of these in the future, I really like this simple format!
Thank you, sir! :)
What shall we call this lack of leadership? a catastrophe?
Quit / replay?
Let's call it a new beginning. :D
Wait, we never did figure out where the portal leads, did we? Let's just hope the last Hydari don't find themselves in an inhospitable hellscape of a dimension...
No. No, we didn't. :D Let's just hope for their sake what they find on the other side is better than what they left. Not unlikely, as what they left were certain death, right? ;)
Nooooo, not the Advisor! Loved the uncertainty of the escape through the portal, though.

Overall, this AAR was fun. Can't wait for the next one. :D
Thanks. :D Glad you liked it. I'm already writing my next AAR, will post the initial setup in a few minutes. It will be another Imperator:Rome AAR this time. Hope you'll join me over there! :)

Oh my, that was a heck of a way to go!