• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm sure it will be fine :)

If your Stellaris runs are anything like mine, you'll probably end up getting the Null Void Beams. :p

You can also get a literal hellscape or contact with an alternate-version counterpart of your empire, but I have yet to see either of these...
Tbh, the game ended in the aforemtioned problems before I got to the end of it. :p
I've seen the Doorway open up on a straight-up nightmare realm. (or hellscape, as @Vilhelm called it) I slammed that doorway shut so fast! That planet was lucky I didn't have a Global Pacifier on standby.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Sounds ominous for sure.
Very. ;)
I'm sure it will be fine :)
Hopefully. :) Although I can assure you that the universe is dark and full of terrors.

Chapter XXVII - Diplomatic Progress
To: Emperor Zetioz

Topic: Diplomatic Progress

My liege,

Much progress has been done on the diplomatic front recently!

To our delight, the Udkavongo Regime approached us with a suggestion that we should enter a defence pact.

This means we will be secure on that front of the galaxy, with only the galactic west and south unsecured.

This is prima!

Later, these wonderful aliens suggested a research agreement too, joining our desire to explore the galaxy.

On me and my department’s suggestion, we then entered negotiations to form a commercial pact too, which the Grand Marshall gladly accepted.

The future is bright!

Your loyal servant,

Department Head Fizix

-------------------------------------------
Advisor note: Well, what can I say? Trade is good. Cooperation is good. Security is good. But this is a two-edged sword. They gain more than us. We have powerful fleets, they have not. They now have security, which we do too, but we gain less. We have much more advanced tech than they, so they gain more than us in this research agreement. But all in all, it is a win if we can know that part of our borders is secure so that we can explore in peace. Just don’t forget we have interests too, Fizix.

YqNS3kc.png

mKEGIpt.png

qrhtwAk.png

The Advisor is displaying a firm grasp of realpolitik I see

Chapter XXVIII - Ruins Below the Surface

Topic: Ruins Below the Surface

My liege,

The caverns of Guram IV has been thoroughly checked.

It’s a virtual treasure trove!

Hundreds of artifacts, perfectly preserved, in pristine condition.

Some, millions of years old.

From countless alien civilizations, all – as far as we know – long gone.

It really makes you ponder on the fleetingness of life as we know it.

There have been inquiries from private collectors on buying some of the artifacts, how are we proceeding?

Your loyal servant,

Xiraxor

--------------------------
Advisor note: Fleeting indeed. Which again proves my advice to be careful is sounds advice, if I may say so, your majesty. We never know when the end will come. It might be years away, or centuries. We need to be prepared. As for private collectors, Xiraxor, the policy of this Empire is as always to remain in control and possession of such riches. We need to be sure the knowledge is used and preserved for all, not the few.

gEKyE31.png

yOpwc8P.png

The Advisor himself is certainly aware of the fleeting nature of existence :) Or his alter-self is anway :p

For some reason I always think of the Advisor as a robot, so in that sense his life at least won't be that fleeting as to who he is actually advising.

I've seen the Doorway open up on a straight-up nightmare realm. (or hellscape, as @Vilhelm called it) I slammed that doorway shut so fast! That planet was lucky I didn't have a Global Pacifier on standby.

Sadly for them I had a world cracker. It was not good for them, well they were xeno scum...

The Advisor himself is certainly aware of the fleeting nature of existence :) Or his alter-self is anway :p
Haha, yes. Gandalf the Grey aka The Advisor to the Sithrandir knows so very well. :p But this is not him of course, an alternate, dragonlike version I guess. Albeit I doubt he'll be any luckier.
For some reason I always think of the Advisor as a robot, so in that sense his life at least won't be that fleeting as to who he is actually advising.
Haha, really? Cool. :p I do think of him as a dragon/Hydari myself, but I know all too well how readers and writers can diverge, without it lessening the value of the readers' vision. :) I remember in 8th grade, when I wrote a short story about two good friends, where one had been away and I described the happiness of reuniting. Well, the teacher and my fellow pupils thought it an excellent portayal of lesbian love...:eek: :p
Sadly for them I had a world cracker. It was not good for them, well they were xeno scum...
Xeno scum, eh? Funny you should mention it...:p :D

Chapter XXIX - Alien Catastrophe

Topic: Alien Catastrophe

My liege,

We have discovered an alientarian catastrophe of epic dimensions!

The aliens of Bivham III is in dire need of our help!

Their planet is burning up and they themselves are trapped in a timeloop!

They are in effect in an eternal cycle of destruction of society, planet and species.

As permitted by Science Directive #19.2 and Alien Protection Act #12.7, I invoke my rights as Captain to rescue these poor reptiles.

I have ordered the interruption of the time loop and opening of the occupation shield over their planet.

No need to thank me, I serve the Hydari Imperium and my Emperor.

Your loyal servant,

Zorlax

----------------------------------------
Advisor note: I…I…ZORLAX! THIS IS ENTIRELY INAPPROPRIATE! THESE CREATURES, WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM. NOTHING. NO THING AT ALL. THERE MIGHT BE A PERFECTLY GOOD REASON FOR THESE CREATURES TO BE TRAPPED IN THERE. Oh, Zorlax… This is what happens when young, inexperienced science officers gets promotion too early… My liege, I humbly ask for permission to strangle Captain Zorlax when – IF – he comes back.

bBPMkJH.png

Gee, why would someone go so far as to pull a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and time-shield an entire planet? It's not like the inhabitants are mean or anything... oh wait...

As with the Dimensional Portal, I've only ever left the lizards to fry and build a sweet (albeit temporary) research station observe the crispy aftermath. But one of these days I'm gonna bring down that shield and allow the entire galaxy to be consumed in chaos and fear!

Someone sedate the Advisor. His heart's not up to it

Gee, why would someone go so far as to pull a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and time-shield an entire planet? It's not like the inhabitants are mean or anything... oh wait...

As with the Dimensional Portal, I've only ever left the lizards to fry and build a sweet (albeit temporary) research station observe the crispy aftermath. But one of these days I'm gonna bring down that shield and allow the entire galaxy to be consumed in chaos and fear!
Quite. The galaxy needs their heroes now...
Someone sedate the Advisor. His heart's not up to it
Heh, he is a state of shock, obviously. How can anyone be that stupid? He cannot fathom it.;)

Chapter XXX - Prikkiki-Ti

Topic: Prikkiki-Ti

My liege,

We have made a huge mistake!

The lizards on Bivham III were freed, and it turns out they are powerful, evil exterminators of alien life!

What shall we do?

Their forces are incredibly strong, and they are moving towards us!

Please, your majesty, save us!

We are fleeing, but they move faster!

I have no idea where that big fleet came from, no scans showed any production facilities, and now they are coming out of the factories unbelievable fast!

Your loyal servant,

Zorlax

------------------------------
Advisor note: Who would have thought… Who could have predicted this…? Who, I wonder? And, seriously Zorlax; WE? There is no we. There is only you! In any case, your majesty, we need to get on war footing, fast. Their ships are advanced, but beatable. But scans show their fleet is growing extremely fast. Much faster than we can keep up. We need to stop them. Now. We need to assemble our fleet and ask our neighbours to help. Already four neighbouring systems to Bivham is under their control. We are in a state of emergency.

ygDDuCH.png

kkifEKW.png

One has to laugh a grim little laugh

I think we can agree the Advisor is right to criticize Zorlax that way.

Are they actually dangerous? I remember doing this once not knowing what would happen and they start in 1 system, which I thought made them very weak. I never really continued that run so I don't know if they are truly a danger when released... It's definitely one of the better anomalies IMO.