• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nikolai

Basileus Romaion
78 Badges
Jun 17, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
Hello folks!

Then I am at it again. Just started a game of Stellaris, and will chronicle it here on the forums. I recently got the new story pack, which is perfect for the exploration themed AAR I wish to make this time around. Focus, at least initially, will be on the many exploration events I got early on. I had within 2-3 years ingame no less than five science ships. :D

Last time I played as Elves. This time it is Dragons. One should almost think I liked fantasy. ;)

DeFftV0.png

Some game details:

DLC:
  • Ancient Relics
  • MegaCorp
  • Distant Stars
  • Apocalypse
  • Leviathans
  • Synthetic Dawn
  • Utopia
  • Arachnoid Portrait PAck
  • Creatures of the Void
  • Anniversary Portrait Pack
  • Distant Stars
  • Horizon Signals
  • Symbols of Domination
Mods:
  • Elves of Stellaris - Planetary >Diversity
  • Xenology Traits Expansion Reborn
  • Remastered Human Portraits Expanded
  • AI Ship Set 1.4.2
  • AUtomatic Pop Migration
  • Beautiful Universe v2.0
  • Elves of Stellaris
  • Epic Explosions
  • Fox Leader Mod
  • Guilli's Planet Modifiers 2.3
  • More Events Mod
  • Multiple Crises
  • Planetary Diversity
  • Primitive Worlds
  • RIG Species Diversity 2.3+
  • RIG Weapon Diversity 2.3+
  • Species Traits
  • Tiny Outliner v2
  • UI Overhaul 1080p Plus
  • Ultimate Imperium of Man Namelist
  • Utopia Expanded 2.0+
  • War Name Variety 2.0 The Invasion Begins
  • Wiirlak Additional Civics
  • Glavius's Ultimate AI for 2.3.*
Settings:
Yrhg84q.png

KBh1P7V.png

Chapter I - Zetioz
My name is Zetioz, ruler of the Hydari.

lo9E1aU.png

I rule Orossi, as my forebears have done for millennia.

Now, a new age has arrived.

An age of exploration of the vastness of space.

An age lead by me and my family.

pWL5ZUr.png

I rule unopposed, unquestioned, venerated.

We Hydari are a curious lot. We wish to explore every nook and cranny of the galaxy.

And then rule it. Secure it.

TYVvy7o.png

Will we meet others out there? No one knows. It is likely.

We will be prepared.

AjIiFJa.png

Let's see how this one will go, Space Dragons unite! Maybe you can get some friendly dragons from the L-Cluster, who knows ;).

Great to see :)

Let's see how this one will go, Space Dragons unite! Maybe you can get some friendly dragons from the L-Cluster, who knows ;).
Oh my. Or the Leviathan; the Hydari's great great uncle.:eek:

Great to see :)
Thanks for signing up for the ride, my friend! :)

Chapter II - The first alien signs
To: Emperor Zetioz

Topic: #TOPSECRET# Signs of aliens

My liege,

I bring amazing, possibly scary, news! After arriving in the Quannaga system a week ago, our sensors soon registered an anomaly.

My liege, we found the first ever signs that we are in fact not alone in the universe! Not only that, but the aliens that we have found signs of, are – or were – of an advanced civilization.

My liege, we found signs of starship fuel. And it was of the advanced sort!

Further study gave a most incredible find; an old space station used as a refueling station by a yet unknown alien race!

It seems the station is abandoned though and has been so for some time. Heaven knows what became of its owners.

Your loyal servant,

Cimax

------------------------------------

Advisor note: It seems our economy got just what it needed; if Your Majesty’s plans for five science ships within two years are to come to fruition, we need whatever income we can get. This fuel seems just perfect.

ALU5OdX.png

3pPfaH5.png

Yes, ladies and gentlemen! That's right! The Advisor is back in the game! :D Only, this time it's quite possibly not the same, this not being an Elvish society and all. Reincarnation, perhaps? ;)

Welcome back Sophont Advisor. :)

One hopes better fortune that last time/next time/your namesake :) (just trying to cover all potential angles)

Time to bring Fire and Blood to the galaxy. ;)

Subbed

Yes, ladies and gentlemen! That's right! The Advisor is back in the game! :D Only, this time it's quite possibly not the same, this not being an Elvish society and all. Reincarnation, perhaps? ;)

The Universe is truly vast and full of wonders. We might never know how the legendary Advisor returnes to us, but what matters is that the Advisor has indeed returned. :D Hopefully someone actually listens this time.

Welcome back, everybody! :)

Welcome back Sophont Advisor. :)

One hopes better fortune that last time/next time/your namesake :) (just trying to cover all potential angles)
Haha, got me laughing there. :D

Time to bring Fire and Blood to the galaxy. ;)

Subbed
Is that a ASoIaF reference. ;) Very good! :D

The Universe is truly vast and full of wonders. We might never know how the legendary Advisor returnes to us, but what matters is that the Advisor has indeed returned. :D Hopefully someone actually listens this time.
What do you think are the odds for that. ;)

Planning to post an update later today. But had to chime in and say I will definitely have plenty of material to choose from! Almost 160 screenshots and not 20 years into the game. :D So much to discover.

Oh wow, I've actually started up an empire really similar to this one for my next run. The dragon portrait is just too good. I'll be keeping track of this.

Gonna be trying out planetary diversity for the first time as well.

Oh wow, I've actually started up an empire really similar to this one for my next run. The dragon portrait is just too good. I'll be keeping track of this.

Gonna be trying out planetary diversity for the first time as well.
Really? Cool. :) Good luck with your game! Any plans for an AAR?

Chapter III - Enigmatic Spacefarers

Topic: Enigmatic Spacefarers

My liege,

A new era has truly begun. Orossi is, as you know, full of celebration at the discovery of alien life in the Sabtrok system – although some naturally ask if the aliens we will inevitably meet will be hostile or friendly.

These creatures discovered now, however, is by all accounts friendly – and not representatives of a civilization such as ours.

Further studies will be required, but it seems they are like wild animals of our homeworld, only much larger and somehow living exclusively in space!

Truly a marvel, and the department hopes for resources to study them further as soon as possible!

Your loyal servant,

Department Head Cuprix.

----------------------------------

Advisor note: Truly marvelous. We should certainly divert resources to study these creatures further – but I recommend not at the present time. Between them being seemingly friendly and the strain on the economy with four additional science ships being planned, as well as the big investment needed for our science department, I recommend we wait a little more.

D2PymSr.png

The Advisor ever cautious, which to be fair is sometimes necessary

The Advisor ever cautious, which to be fair is sometimes necessary
When has the Advisor ever not been cautious and ready for a nervous breakdown?

I was thinking of it. There's a few unique things about em that might make it worth it. It'd be my first attempt ever though so we'll see.
Go for it, would love to see how you fare. :)

Chapter IV - Gas giant life

Topic: Gas giant life

My liege,

Surveying the Quannaga system, something most peculiar and surprising was discovered! We thought life could only thrive in an atmosphere as ours. Then the space creatures came along.

We now got another surprise; life can exist in the atmosphere of a gas giant like Quannaga IIa! And it’s not only basic bacteria either; we’re talking giant creatures in a complex eco system!

This life is as alien as it gets – at least I think so, you never know with all these wonderful discoveries happening these days!

Your loyal servant,

Cimax

-----------------------------------

Advisor note: And I note this means more than enough scientific work for a whole station for years to come. We can learn much from this. I recommend we establish a presence in this system as soon as possible.

zTn47Ur.png

hhTMAhr.png