• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ptron

Recruit
Jan 20, 2018
Am I the only person that was truly disappointed in the absolute lack of choice throughout Tyranny? Especially considering the lengths the Devs went to convince me this game would be different, a revelation in fact. Any actual choices were superficial at best; choosing how you oppose someone is not the same as choosing whether to or not. The sheer number of situations where there were say five possible answers to a question/situation and 4/5 of them would be the same but merely phrased differently, then it turns out that actually all of the 'choices' would have led to the same outcome..

I wanted to love this game so badly and I did play it through and enjoyed various parts of it tremendously, in a year or two when the modding community have had a good crack this will be a truly brilliant game, or of course when official patches are released. But I feel like I am the only person to see the lies peddled by the Devs upon playing - nothing better encompasses the lack of choice than deciding not to realign the nodes and sabotaging the earthshaker's plan to destroy the land and harvest Cairn's power..

Anyway, rant over. I wont even start on the innumerable faults that permeate the game (and game-play) making it seem as though no one actually played it through and gave constructive feedback prior to release..

Upvote 0